Question Call recording

Search This thread

prostozsadu

Mar 20, 2012
Hello,
anyone managed to enable any kind of call recording on Poco X3 Pro? I see there is no Indonesian firmware available at the moment, i hope it's only temporary and they'll release it soon, anyone got some information in this matter?

lebigmac

Account currently disabled
Jan 31, 2017
It should be possible to make your system read write able using my script and then simply replace the stock phone dialer apk with the Indonesian one. I'm pretty sure even the X3 NFC one would work on the X3 pro.

prostozsadu

Mar 20, 2012
@lebigmac
thank you for your reply, however i think that flashing indonesian firmware was way more straightforward and it was possible to relock your bootloader after flashing it. How about your script? is there a possibility to lock BL after messing with system apps?

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
You mean relock bootloader after making system r/w ? This could be possible. If you're lucky the system will still be r/w afterwards. Nobody has tested this yet. You would be the first person in the whole world to test it.

Yes it's probably easier to simply download Indonesian firmware and extracting dialer app rather than waiting for some random person to upload Indonesian dialer app for you :D

Last edited:

prostozsadu

Mar 20, 2012
To be honest i wasn't thinking about extracting the dialer app. I've flashed the Indonesian firmware on european version of Poco X3 NFC and all the functions i need work just fine. I hope there will be the same option will be available for the X3 Pro, if no i'll have to return it, because native call recording is an must-have for me.

Reactions: lebigmac

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Could you please send me the link to the Indonesian firmware (for X3 NFC or X3 Pro)? The version doesn't matter. Thank you.

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Does Indian firmware also contain call recorder app or only Indonesian one?

fzzt

Feb 23, 2021
@lebigmac
thank you for your reply, however i think that flashing indonesian firmware was way more straightforward and it was possible to relock your bootloader after flashing it. How about your script? is there a possibility to lock BL after messing with system apps?
Hi, quick question, if Indonesian rom is available, I can unlock bootloader, flash it, then relock bootloader with no problems?

prostozsadu

Mar 20, 2012
Hi, quick question, if Indonesian rom is available, I can unlock bootloader, flash it, then relock bootloader with no problems?
Hey, i've dont it on my Poco X3 NFC, that's why i hope it will be possible with the Pro version also. Someone said that you have to be careful with flashing older version of firmware over the recent one (there's something like AntiRollback protection level), however on Poco X3 Global and Indonesian firmware were labeled in different way (version numbers weren't the same). Maybe someone more familiar with the subject will be able to tell you how it is with this ARB?

Reactions: fzzt

namasteji1

Jun 29, 2012
Anyone able to use miui dialer and messaging app on poco x3 pro? Like installing on the miui version that came with the phone?

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Anyone able to use miui dialer and messaging app on poco x3 pro? Like installing on the miui version that came with the phone?
I was able to manually install the Indonesian stock messaging app into the European stock MIUI. I used my systemrw script to mount system as r/w and simply copied the app folder to /system/priv-app/

I tried to do the same thing with the Indonesian dialer app but without success so far.

Last edited:

Danymq

Jun 12, 2021
Have you tried the India ROM? in my old Redmi Note 8 Pro (came with Europe rom) I installed the official India ROM and then relocked the bootloader withouth any problems, I'm like you I like the native call recording possibility, without losing the security that only the locked bootloader provides.

In the poco x3 pro, I'm still waiting 98 hours to unlock the bootloader to test other roms, so please take my words with a grain of salt, I have 0 experience in the POCO. BTW it's India ROM it's supposed to support native call recording, at least in my experience with RN8 pro.

chem20

Jul 27, 2013
I want to buy a poco x3 pro phone with RJUEUXM MIUI 12.5 ROM
Does this ROM record call by default?

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I want to buy a poco x3 pro phone with RJUEUXM MIUI 12.5 ROM
Does this ROM record call by default?

Google dialer has recorder, but will notify the other side when recording.

MIUI dialer has recorder without notifying other side, but may not be in EU official MIUI ROM. Indonesia ROM and Taiwan ROM has MIUI dialer.

MIUI has either MIUI dialer or Google dialer, so should have record call by default.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another option is flashing the Xiaomi.eu ROM, which has call recording builtin, within the dialer app.
    Unfortunately this is not an option for me because I want to relock bootloader and use stock firmware.
    To be honest i wasn't thinking about extracting the dialer app. I've flashed the Indonesian firmware on european version of Poco X3 NFC and all the functions i need work just fine. I hope there will be the same option will be available for the X3 Pro, if no i'll have to return it, because native call recording is an must-have for me.
    Please find the link below:

there was even an XDA topic regarding the call recording in Poco X3 NFC.
    I've been using Boldbeast Android Call Recorder which I purchased through the Play Store a/b a yr ago after switching over to Android 10 and it has been working like a charm since. Just be sure to follow their instructions
    Hey, i've dont it on my Poco X3 NFC, that's why i hope it will be possible with the Pro version also. Someone said that you have to be careful with flashing older version of firmware over the recent one (there's something like AntiRollback protection level), however on Poco X3 Global and Indonesian firmware were labeled in different way (version numbers weren't the same). Maybe someone more familiar with the subject will be able to tell you how it is with this ARB?