• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Call Screen update isn't ready

Search This thread

MrAmos123

Mar 30, 2017
What did everyone do to fix this? Pixel 6 Pro, UK, EE.

I see Call Screening, but the red banner at the top to download the language pack keeps prompting me to try again in a few minutes when I click it, it's been about 24 hours since I've had the red banner and it hasn't changed yet.

Any ideas?

Hyal

Apr 20, 2014
Hi, I'm not seeing call screen anywhere here too. Pixel 6. France.
I have the latest android 12 version and the latest version of the phone by google app

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Hi, I'm not seeing call screen anywhere here too. Pixel 6. France.
I have the latest android 12 version and the latest version of the phone by google app
Make sure that your Google Assistant, System Language & GBoard Language are the same one that is capable of running Call Screen. If that doesn't work, force-close the Google + Phone App and then delete cache/data.

If that doesn't work, flame Google.

kondi10

Apr 12, 2019
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I went to settings, then caller id and spam and these are the only things for me there:

Screenshot_20211103-102321.png

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
No problem with call screening over in mainland Europe. Maybe it's your carrier and/or sim card, if you can, maybe change that. Also did you reset/delete/redownload your phone and Google apps?

Also make sure that your languages in Assistant/GBoard/System are all set to the same one that you can use for screen calling.

Mani240v

Dec 4, 2021
Hi All,

I came up with a solution that worked for me.

I went into recorder, and went to live transcript - this then prompted me to download the language file. all is working now!

• Love
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

skimminstones

Feb 7, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Mine had the same issue but after a while it just seemed to work. I'm on EE in UK.

I just noticed one day I had a call coming in and the button for screen call was there. I clicked it and nothing happened but that must have initiated something as the next call I had it worked perfectly

Top Liked Posts