• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Call & Text on other devices is missing on my Tab S7+ 5G T-Mobile

Search This thread

AhsanU

Sep 27, 2013
NYC
I suspect if you have an S7/S7+ with mobile data, it has its own phone number and what not. As a result, you may not be able to call/text from another device since your device itself has its own number. I may be wrong, but that seems like the logical answer. Have you tried turning mobile data off or somehow disabling it? Maybe take the SIM card out if you can (not sure if it's an ESIM).

If the above statement isn't true, I would say factory reset it if you haven't already. If you still encounter the issue, I'd talk to Samsung/T-Mobile about it. Personally, the ability to call/text from the tablet while my phone is away is a huge selling point for me as I don't have to take out my phone much anymore.

Good luck, and let us know what happens. I'm sure there will be someone else that encounters this issue.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Was your Tab S6 a U.S. carrier version? The U.S. carriers disable not only what you're looking for but the native dialer and MMS as well. I got my Tab S7+ 5G from the EU and it has Call and Text on Other Devices. I'm using it between by Z Fold 2 and Tab S7+. It doesn't affect the Tab S7+'s ability to use it's own phone number; it just adds the option of using either device for calls and MMS.

Was your Tab S6 a U.S. carrier version? The U.S. carriers disable not only what you're looking for but the native dialer and MMS as well. I got my Tab S7+ 5G from the EU and it has Call and Text on Other Devices. I'm using it between by Z Fold 2 and Tab S7+. It doesn't affect the Tab S7+'s ability to use it's own phone number; it just adds the option of using either device for calls and MMS.
Yes, I had S6 LTE and now upgrade to S7+ 5G, both are T-Mobile US.

I suspect if you have an S7/S7+ with mobile data, it has its own phone number and what not. As a result, you may not be able to call/text from another device since your device itself has its own number. I may be wrong, but that seems like the logical answer. Have you tried turning mobile data off or somehow disabling it? Maybe take the SIM card out if you can (not sure if it's an ESIM).

If the above statement isn't true, I would say factory reset it if you haven't already. If you still encounter the issue, I'd talk to Samsung/T-Mobile about it. Personally, the ability to call/text from the tablet while my phone is away is a huge selling point for me as I don't have to take out my phone much anymore.

Good luck, and let us know what happens. I'm sure there will be someone else that encounters this issue.
This also missing phone dial app.

diehardbattery

Apr 23, 2011
Houston

I might be wrong on this, but the way I understand it is that the feature links the devices via Samsung Cloud. So the only device that needs a number would be the phone. It shouldn't matter whether the other devices have one or not as they should still work independently.

I know this is an old thread, but...

This feature was present on the S6 LTE version, so there should be no reason for it not to be available here. The S7 (non-plus) 5G also has this enabled on T-Mobile, so again - no good reason for the S7+ not to have it.

You are right about the Samsung account - both devices have to be logged into the same account for the feature to work.

The dialer app is present, but not able to be activated.

Hitti2

I have the Samsung tab S7 plus 5G by Verizon. I have a SIM card installed and the representative of Verizon that I talked to told me that it's just for data.

I was very upset. because I encountered the same thing no phone app no text app the Google phone app on Google play is incompatible with my device.

🤬

I use Google voice app for Wi-Fi call and texting.

Reactions: jcrompton

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
I have the Samsung tab S7 plus 5G by Verizon. I have a SIM card installed and the representative of Verizon that I talked to told me that it's just for data.

I was very upset. because I encountered the same thing no phone app no text app the Google phone app on Google play is incompatible with my device.

🤬

I haven't used Google Voice for a bit but it's it possible to have the calls FROM you to someone else appear to have your phone's number or caller ID?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

🤬