Caller ID (7 digit) FINALLY FIXED

Search This thread

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognize
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi All,

Quite a newbie and just rooted the Desire a couple of days ago, so bear with me…

Not sure if this is still a problem for many of us out there, but it’s been a problem for me for years, and I never found a solution to it (on the web or elsewhere), so I thought of sharing it.

For those of us who need “7 digit” (not 8 digits) Caller ID Matching, for both Phone and SMS/MMS, I think I have it working now :D

The problem comes from how your operator provides the caller id; in my country it’s +CCC x yyyyyy for SMS, and 0x yyyyyy for phone calls; CCC being the country code, in my case 961, but I’ve seen posts from other countries as well.

For Windows Mobile it was just modifying the registry, but for Android, I’ve seen many posts, blogs, etc. about libsqlite.so needing to be changed. I believe I found (actually stumbled across) a much simpler and more “correct” solution:

In the file “/system/build.prop” just add a line at the beginning “ro.phone.min_match=7”. Then use the normal recovery flash method and you should be good to go.

Update (thanks to luckyjay):
Or you can use Root Explorer, long press the file and open with text editor and just do it that way :p Reboot to apply changes
(I used ES File Explorer instead)​

I’ve tried it with several ROMs, including RCMixS and AceSMOD007, and it worked for me. (And WOW those are some really excellent ROMs)

Hope this helps, and let me know if I need to elaborate some more. (It's my first post after all;))

!! MANY THANKS TO XDA, THE TUTORS, THE MODDERS AND EVERYBODY MAKING OUR PHONES BETTER THAN THEY ARE !!

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Thanks jan, nice to see a reply :)

And I totally agree with you, but the "GENIUSES" over here decided on (and look at that):
+961 a 123456 or 0a 123456 (landlines)
+961 3 123456 or 03 123456 (original GSM lines)
+961 70 123456 or 70 123456 (newer GSM lines)
+961 71 123456 or 71 123456 (newer GSM lines)
… I mean people can’t get this straight how about phones (granted, some phones might be more “aware” than some people, but who am I to say:rolleyes:)

The problem has been around for a long time (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=606728 just one post of the MANY I’ve looked at), and we never got an answer.

I even emailed HTC for months on end about this, and never got a half-way decent reply! And I have been a loyal HTC customer for a long time: HTC P3300 (the first HTC, I think), Touch Diamond, TyTN, TyTN 2, Desire, HD2, Sensation

So I was really expecting a bit more from them, especially if the answer is as easy as I mentioned;
they’re statements “your s/n is for an HTC Hero” (hello! I'm sorry, the phone looks like the Desire, has the right software,firmware, th box says Desire, the phone says Desire etc.etc.)

or

“to edit the registry as it is considered illegal” (again hello! there is no registry in Android)

All this wasn’t really productive. One support tech (after being bounced back and forth) was actually trying to help, but eventually I just gave up.

After getting the HTC Sensation, I started rooting the Desire, and guess what, it just took the “ro.phone.min_match=7” to fix it. This could have been done even without rooting.

AND GUESS WHERE I GOT THE “ro.phone.min_match=7” FROM?? ... the HTC Sensation !!!!!

lukyjay

May 22, 2010
Perth
In the file “/system/build.prop” just add a line at the beginning “ro.phone.min_match=7”. Then use the normal recovery flash method and you should be good to go.

Or you can use Root Explorer, long press the file and open with text editor and just do it that way :p Reboot to apply changes

kkarnaout

Apr 3, 2009
Lebanon
SO i See ur from lebanon and have the same problem i have and u found a solution ill give it a try and see if that works it only happens with me with phone numbers that start with 03 but all numbers that start with 70 or anything other than 03 works so ill check it and tell u if it works to me

kkarnaout

Apr 3, 2009
Lebanon
well i gave u two thanks coz it worked my friend great job well done fixed my problem to i love the way u thought about it and at the end u did it amazing 5 starts for me ;)

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Thank you guys! for your comments & support !!

This thing has been driving me crazy for years, and Prefixer (nice BTW) or duplicating all phone numbers twice is just, is just INSANE for a "smartphone"

Yep, in Lebanon we have this problem, but I've seen many posts including Italy, Spain, and more countries, all of which have the same issue.

Anyway, glad I was able to contribute something, and appreciate your feedback.

Reactions: heraSK

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
I can't find

ro.phone.min_match

in build.prop of reflex gingerbread sense rom :(

It's usually not there ;most contries don't need it. Just add the line using ES File Explorer or similar to the build.prop (somewhere towards the beginning) "ro.phone.min_match=7" then save and reboot.

Should work then... let me know. (worked for me a lot on several MODS)

Reactions: yeahman45

wollyka

Feb 28, 2009
Beirut
Great find.. I used to have that problem with my HTC Desire. But switching to CM7+ Handcent SMS was a solution to me in the past. But i think this is better :)

yeahman45

Dec 26, 2010
It's usually not there ;most contries don't need it. Just add the line using ES File Explorer or similar to the build.prop (somewhere towards the beginning) "ro.phone.min_match=7" then save and reboot.

ok will try it this evening thx

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
SMS was not really the big problem (for me), rather the Dialer: when you're in your home country the numbers arrive in local format (0a xxxxxx) but when you're roaming the phone calls arrive in international format (+CCC a xxxxxx). That's why I had to duplicate everything. And this for both incoming and outgoing calls.

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
I can't find

ro.phone.min_match

can confirm it works, just flashed Reflex_S_2.1.7

original build.prob:
Code:
ro.ril.oem.ecclist=911,112,999,110,191,113,117,15,1122,115,16,118
ro.ril.ecc.HTC-WWE=999
ro.ril.ecc.HTC-ELL=92,93,94
ro.ril.enable.a52.HTC-ITA=1
ro.ril.enable.a53.HTC-ITA=1
ro.ril.enable.a52=0
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.enable.sdr=0

this doesnt recognize Caller ID (7 digit)

changed build.prob using ES File Explorer (don't forget to activate root permission in ES File Explorer settings):
Code:
ro.phone.min_match=7
ro.ril.oem.ecclist=911,112,999,110,191,113,117,15,1122,115,16,118
ro.ril.ecc.HTC-WWE=999
ro.ril.ecc.HTC-ELL=92,93,94
ro.ril.enable.a52.HTC-ITA=1
ro.ril.enable.a53.HTC-ITA=1
ro.ril.enable.a52=0
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.enable.sdr=0

save & reboot.... now working Caller ID :D

Reactions: yeahman45

yeahman45

Dec 26, 2010
ok added the line.. seems to be working!! will keep prefixer just in case and test a bit more!! man thx for the solution!!!! finally proper caller id recognition!!!

salahzantout

Jun 10, 2011
hey
im lebanese as well :D
so i tried editing from rootexplorer but file didnt open, it says " you cannot edit this file system is read only "...
then tried it in S file explorer.. i edited it but i cant save after finishing

im using cyanogen mod 7 2.3.4
any help please ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Quite a newbie and just rooted the Desire a couple of days ago, so bear with me…

Not sure if this is still a problem for many of us out there, but it’s been a problem for me for years, and I never found a solution to it (on the web or elsewhere), so I thought of sharing it.

For those of us who need “7 digit” (not 8 digits) Caller ID Matching, for both Phone and SMS/MMS, I think I have it working now :D

The problem comes from how your operator provides the caller id; in my country it’s +CCC x yyyyyy for SMS, and 0x yyyyyy for phone calls; CCC being the country code, in my case 961, but I’ve seen posts from other countries as well.

For Windows Mobile it was just modifying the registry, but for Android, I’ve seen many posts, blogs, etc. about libsqlite.so needing to be changed. I believe I found (actually stumbled across) a much simpler and more “correct” solution:

Update (thanks to luckyjay):
    (I used ES File Explorer instead)​

I’ve tried it with several ROMs, including RCMixS and AceSMOD007, and it worked for me. (And WOW those are some really excellent ROMs)

Hope this helps, and let me know if I need to elaborate some more. (It's my first post after all;))

!! MANY THANKS TO XDA, THE TUTORS, THE MODDERS AND EVERYBODY MAKING OUR PHONES BETTER THAN THEY ARE !!
    Thanks jan, nice to see a reply :)

And I totally agree with you, but the "GENIUSES" over here decided on (and look at that):
    +961 a 123456 or 0a 123456 (landlines)
    +961 3 123456 or 03 123456 (original GSM lines)
    +961 70 123456 or 70 123456 (newer GSM lines)
    +961 71 123456 or 71 123456 (newer GSM lines)
    … I mean people can’t get this straight how about phones (granted, some phones might be more “aware” than some people, but who am I to say:rolleyes:)

The problem has been around for a long time (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=606728 just one post of the MANY I’ve looked at), and we never got an answer.

I even emailed HTC for months on end about this, and never got a half-way decent reply! And I have been a loyal HTC customer for a long time: HTC P3300 (the first HTC, I think), Touch Diamond, TyTN, TyTN 2, Desire, HD2, Sensation

So I was really expecting a bit more from them, especially if the answer is as easy as I mentioned;
    they’re statements “your s/n is for an HTC Hero” (hello! I'm sorry, the phone looks like the Desire, has the right software,firmware, th box says Desire, the phone says Desire etc.etc.)

or

“to edit the registry as it is considered illegal” (again hello! there is no registry in Android)

All this wasn’t really productive. One support tech (after being bounced back and forth) was actually trying to help, but eventually I just gave up.

After getting the HTC Sensation, I started rooting the Desire, and guess what, it just took the “ro.phone.min_match=7” to fix it. This could have been done even without rooting.

AND GUESS WHERE I GOT THE “ro.phone.min_match=7” FROM?? ... the HTC Sensation !!!!!
    Thanks luckyjay, that works even easier. I'll update the post.
    Thank you guys! for your comments & support !!

This thing has been driving me crazy for years, and Prefixer (nice BTW) or duplicating all phone numbers twice is just, is just INSANE for a "smartphone"

Yep, in Lebanon we have this problem, but I've seen many posts including Italy, Spain, and more countries, all of which have the same issue.

Anyway, glad I was able to contribute something, and appreciate your feedback.
    I can't find

ro.phone.min_match

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone