Calling All XDA DeviantART Users - Get Android Some Love!

Search This thread

papertreeprophet

Aug 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
Go take a look over at DA, under the categories. You won't find a single category for our dear little Andy. Nope, nada, not even a wallpaper section. Of course iPhone/iPod has had its own section, which you have to expect.

But just take a look here at XDA, and you will see a wealth of talented individuals making amazing designs for our little devices. So why no love for Android? Its not like it hasn't been suggested. I first put in the suggestion back last August, and again a few days ago.

There has even been others suggesting Android at least get a section in the wallpaper category. And i think this would at least be a good starting point. But with the wealth of customization options for Android, DA seems like the perfect place to post all your wallpapers, icons, docks, and themes. There needs to be a whole new slew of Android based categories on DA.

So head on over to the link below; it will take you to Moonbeam's forum for posting new category suggestions. If anything at least post a +1 to the comment I love (I'm 'hornsholdmyhalo'). Or post your own comment about what should be added, and why it should. Lets flood her with the Android love :D

TL;DR - No Android categories at DeviantART, Go to link, post there should be.

Moonbeam13's Category Suggestion Forum

DJ Carpenter

Dec 6, 2010
Texas
Ah, gotcha. I used to live kind of close to there. I moved by Tyler now though. I just rarely see anyone from Texas on here or on DF's so it was surprising haha.

kenboyles72

Dec 29, 2010
Ah, gotcha. I used to live kind of close to there. I moved by Tyler now though. I just rarely see anyone from Texas on here or on DF's so it was surprising haha.

Hello fellow Texan, born and raised in Gladewater, 28 miles north of tyler. Straight up 271.

I'll go by DA and make my mark.

C.Hatfield

Oct 11, 2010
The Panhandle, N. Florida
I stumbled upon DA a while back looking for Gingerbread Icons (or the ability to make them) and I very much liked what I saw, but I couldn't help but notice there was basically ZERO Android-based artwork ... and of course, no GB icons !!!

There are very talented individuals @ Deviant Art and I couldn't believe there was NO Android material ! :confused:

papertreeprophet

Aug 31, 2009
Dallas, TX

xheavymetaldadx

Oct 20, 2010
Humble
Shes gonna throw out her Ipod/iphone and run to the [insert carrier name here] store screaming "forgive me for I have been so blind!!" lmao sorry went off a bit. Oh yeah anyone familiar with da, user otisbee is way on the android wagon and he is pretty prominent over there

papertreeprophet

Aug 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
Bump+sign+11200616512.gif

For Great justice!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Definitely posting a comment:)
    Posted.

For our community to grow even more artists here on XDA should share their work on DeviantART. It'd be great.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone