Calls and texts on other devices not showing

Search This thread

StaticMaal

Jul 26, 2010
Raleigh,NC
Does anybody have the tab s7 + from sprint/T-Mobile and the feature of calls and texts on other devices that should be in advanced settings not there? If are all carried tablets have the feature not able to be enabled? If it is that way does anybody know how to change it so it could be enabled or is it the settings apk?

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
The U.S. carriers really hobble Samsung's tablets. What you're looking for is removed as are the native dialer and messaging apps. I bought mine in the EU so that those features were available along with it being bloatware free. The downside is 5G only works on AT&T because the 5G bands supported in the EU are different than in the U.S.

platinum7990

Apr 26, 2009
Same i tried finding it and couldn't find it in settings anywhere. Its on my phone but not the tab s7. Tmobile removed this feature? It was on my wifi tab s6 but not on the tab S7

StaticMaal

Jul 26, 2010
Raleigh,NC
I talked to a T-Rep\Tech they claim that it show be in the settings. I also keep looking and found that ATT\Verizon are the only ones that disable that feature in settings on samsung's website along with supported models it doesn't list the tab S7/+. If t-mobile disabled it by software/settings then would it be some way to edit somethings internally and settings in order to get it?

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
It's either there or it's not. If it's not it's because T-Mobile removed it. It's on my Tab S7+ 5G from the EU. I don't buy U.S. cellular tablets because of all the features they exclude and all the crapware they include.

y4mF0Iqk5uiCOYrt3PCrq4o8GyMOBrdna2Mlwp39kk6dUD4MpCScuqvHJDYhsH5Uu8J9-jAs593wjqfO_2pkkhXNFRT3HpFBbg3_h3c8SfwnoXv8JCKtTvmYYALvKKcsuuHAAkHlWyemud2Jv52CeV6qNzJAnzYjK0M70pH-dPgKgowk_NHG8iAxIFxT-FTmvUF7yXGF-jlCh4cduPX4KgWbw

StaticMaal

Jul 26, 2010
Raleigh,NC
It's either there or it's not. If it's not it's because T-Mobile removed it. It's on my Tab S7+ 5G from the EU. I don't buy U.S. cellular tablets because of all the features they exclude and all the crapware they include.

y4mF0Iqk5uiCOYrt3PCrq4o8GyMOBrdna2Mlwp39kk6dUD4MpCScuqvHJDYhsH5Uu8J9-jAs593wjqfO_2pkkhXNFRT3HpFBbg3_h3c8SfwnoXv8JCKtTvmYYALvKKcsuuHAAkHlWyemud2Jv52CeV6qNzJAnzYjK0M70pH-dPgKgowk_NHG8iAxIFxT-FTmvUF7yXGF-jlCh4cduPX4KgWbw

Oh I see since it's all in software. Would I be able to flash the software version the EU S7+ 5G in order to get all the features that my T-Mobile version have been disabled on?

Last edited:

StaticMaal

Jul 26, 2010
Raleigh,NC
Only if you want to brick it. The radios are different.

Ah damn. It's probably not only apk for it but the framework too? And now it's too late for me to send this one back and buy one from EU since I've already sent in my trade in device. Really sucks. I found the call and texts on other devices apk found that it installed the options showed up after a reboot but no dice after trying to send a text received "Unable to send message - Message blocking is active . Looked for the phone apk as well but seems to already be installed. My guess I when root become available the build.prop can be extracted from EU and there's probably something that needs to be enabled in order for it to work properly.

Last edited:

da_ferreira

Apr 18, 2007
www.davetheplatypus.com
On my Tab S7+/T-Mobile I do not see the Call & Text on other devices settings. I do see the dialer app is installed, just not accessible. Since the Samsung site does not list any 7+ model (LTE or WiFi) as compatible with this feature, I would guess Samsung disabled this, not T-Mobile. Too bad their marketing material says it is compatible.

StaticMaal

Jul 26, 2010
Raleigh,NC
On my Tab S7+/T-Mobile I do not see the Call & Text on other devices settings. I do see the dialer app is installed, just not accessible. Since the Samsung site does not list any 7+ model (LTE or WiFi) as compatible with this feature, I would guess Samsung disabled this, not T-Mobile. Too bad their marketing material says it is compatible.

I'm guessing its a samsung US S7+ 5G issue. Samsung sites says that AT&T and Verizon doesn't support the feature. The samsung S7+ from the UK supports it tho. Hopefully it's a software issue that samsung can push out with enough complaints.

Looneytoon98

Nov 16, 2012
Perrine, Florida
I didn't realize this feature had been removed but I bought an S7 anyway. After taking a look around, I noticed the phone dialer is installed if you go to settings>apps you'll see it there but there's no way to actually launch it. Further digging using SetEdit app shows "cmc_activation" in Global Settings but I can't change the "0" to a "1" due to the fact the app does not have write permissions.

i have the ATT version of the S7 and preloaded is ATT Numbersync (Dialer & ATT messages app) connected to my main ATT phone (Galaxy S21 Ultra). Originally activated on ATT on its own data plan. Phone dialer and ATT messages worked as a clone to my main number.

However, upon ATT supplying the network unlock code, I started to use the S7 with my T-Mobile SIM
and all continued to operate exactly as above , still sending and receiving calls (via Dialer & Messaging App)
but still cloning to my main ATT number, etc. Only now on 4G speeds and using T-Mobile network.

I am afraid to do a factory reset as I dont want to lose the phone calling feature or get stuck not having the ability to attach it back to my ATT line.

This is the only way I know of to keep the tablet to use as a full featured phone/data device by utilizing ATT software when using with a differet network that dosent configure their versions for simple phone use.

'Call On Other Devices,' is loaded on their WIFI versions only since it connects through your samsung account ?
I know it was loaded on the Tab S6 Lite - Wifi version.

Last edited:

WebXuseR

May 23, 2020
i have the ATT version of the S7 and preloaded is ATT Numbersync (Dialer & ATT messages app) connected to my main ATT phone (Galaxy S21 Ultra). Originally activated on ATT on its own data plan. Phone dialer and ATT messages worked as a clone to my main number.

However, upon ATT supplying the network unlock code, I started to use the S7 with my T-Mobile SIM
and all continued to operate exactly as above , still sending and receiving calls (via Dialer & Messaging App)
but still cloning to my main ATT number, etc. Only now on 4G speeds and using T-Mobile network.

I am afraid to do a factory reset as I dont want to lose the phone calling feature or get stuck not having the ability to attach it back to my ATT line.

This is the only way I know of to keep the tablet to use as a full featured phone/data device by utilizing ATT software when using with a differet network that dosent configure their versions for simple phone use.

'Call On Other Devices,' is loaded on their WIFI versions only since it connects through your samsung account ?
I know it was loaded on the Tab S6 Lite - Wifi version.
Are you going to flash the t-mobile firmware? shoule be able to keep all the apps if you use home_csc file

mikedavo

Sep 16, 2017
+1 love the tablet, hate the phones. I'm a oneplus user for now
I'm in the same boat, love the tablet hate the phones. Can't find any good reason to drop my one plus 7 pro as of yet but when I do I'm going to have to take into consideration the ecosystem. DAM!

Are you going to flash the t-mobile firmware? shoule be able to keep all the apps if you use home_csc file
i left all original ATT firmware. i think its the only way it will allow numbersync to stay active allowing me calling and text.

howevet i did d/l a seperate mess app to allow tmobile messages to come through
in conjunction.

whats strange is weeks after I did this, my tablet now shows a 5G speed / logo
with speed test hitting near 188mb

da_ferreira

Apr 18, 2007
www.davetheplatypus.com
So, I think I have a workaround for this. It looks like the S6 version of Call and Text, meaning that everything goes through your Samsung account - not across the same network as promised in the S7/S7+ marketing. Not without its quirks, but I have it enabled. Steps:

(1) If you have used the Messages app, delete or back up your conversations. If you don't, when you have reached the end of these steps anything you send to those contacts will still come through your tablet phone number and not your phone's number.
(2) On your phone, remove any devices from Call and Text that you no longer use. This is especially important if you rename your devices because the duplicate names will show up but the entire thing will have some sort of cerebral hemorrhage and nothing will work right.
(3) Go to Settings -> Accounts and Backups. Back up your Messages and Call Logs - for some reason, this process will not bring these over to your tablet, so this step allows you to get this base data over to the tablet. From then on, everything will stay in sync.
(4) Download and install the Call and Text on Other Devices APK from APK mirror. I used the latest one from May 1.
(5) Restart the S7+.
(6) Make sure the tablet is logged into the same Samsung account as your phone.
(7) Go to Settings -> Advanced and enable Call and Text on Other Devices. When you do this, you will get a prompt asking you if you want to switch to the Samsung dial app - by all means say YES! This will reveal the dialer app in the app drawer.
(8) Now go into Call and Text on Other Devices to adjust settings. You will see that calling is not enabled, so you want to enable it. When you do, you will get the same prompt about switching to the Samsung dialer. Again, say YES!
(9) Adjust the other settings as desired.
(10) Restore your call and message logs on the tablet.
(11) Back on your phone, you should see your tablet as a registered device.

Some of those quirks I mentioned:
Outgoing calls work just fine. Sometimes incoming calls do not ring. The record of the call will be there, but you might not get notified the call is coming in. In my limited testing so far, this happened about 3 out of 10 times.
If you don't delete message conversations made with your tablet prior to setting this up all future messages will still come from your tablet's number even if you select new and add the same contact.

I've been using this for 2 days now, and so far, mostly great. Nice to have this feature back even if I had to brute force it.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone