Calyx OS on pixel 4a (sunfish)

Search This thread

JeBird

Sep 13, 2021
I am trying to install Calyx OS on pixel 4a. I am new to this and have hit several snags in the process but am currently stuck and can not find anyone who has posted a similar problem with solution. I am installing using a microsoft surface pro running windows 10. I have adb and flashboot in the same folder as sunfish-factory-8.2.8 (from calyx website, not unzipped) and the device-flasher from the calyx website. I have updated the google USB driver and am able to unlock the device and find it with fastboot devices command. However, when I run the device-flasher and follow the steps (It seems you are actually not expected to have the device unlocked when starting), I get an error that says " 'powershell' is not a recognized internal or external command, operable program or batch file. " I have repeated the process on another older windows device running windows 7 and got the same error message. Is this a problem with the device-flasher or something with my devices and what is the process to complete installation? Thanks.
InkedCalyx install fail_LI.jpg

jawz101

It looks like it runs a powershell script. I don't think Windows 7 comes w/ Powershell by default. It used to be a closed source install on Microsoft's site but it looks like they made it open source and now release it on Github.

specifically, go here https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/releases/tag/v7.1.4

and download either PowerShell-7.1.4-win-x86.msi or PowerShell-7.1.4-win-x64.msi depending on if you use 32 bit or 64 bit Windows and it should work.

JeBird

Sep 13, 2021
It looks like it runs a powershell script. I don't think Windows 7 comes w/ Powershell by default. It used to be a closed source install on Microsoft's site but it looks like they made it open source and now release it on Github.

specifically, go here https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/releases/tag/v7.1.4

and download either PowerShell-7.1.4-win-x86.msi or PowerShell-7.1.4-win-x64.msi depending on if you use 32 bit or 64 bit Windows and it should work.
Thank you for the help. The screenshot is from my surface pro 4 which has powershell. My older laptop may not have had powershell. I think in looking at another OS, that a script is needed to temporarily set the PATH or some sort of attribute so that powershell can be accessed by the executable file. I couldn't acuatlly figure out how to do this. So instead I loaded Graphene which has a surprisingly easy online set up. I haven't gotten to use it much to see if it is actually good but I could at least get it running on the phone.