General CalyxOS beta for Pixel 6 is now available!

Search This thread

Kenaz Rune

Mar 29, 2019
I flashed CalyxOS on my Pixel 2XL a couple weeks ago and I'm liking it. I think I can finally dump Google Voice, too, so Calyx on P6 might be my next big move.

Reactions: flyl0

elen0x

May 1, 2020
I flashed my pixel 6. I have to say the installation was fast and really easy ! I have one problem though, I can't install any apk. The weird part is that I can install app with fdroid and aurora but not from apk files. If anyone knows what I can do tell me ;)

Reactions: flyl0

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
I haven't got around to trying it yet. Will test myself and report back. What about from adb? (adb install ...)

elen0x

May 1, 2020
I haven't got around to trying it yet. Will test myself and report back. What about from adb? (adb install ...)
I solved my problem. First the file explorer does not have install privilege by default so I gave it the oermission. Then it was duckduckgo browser fault. It removes the extension part, I had to rename the file with an ".apk" at the end.
It might help someone in the future.

flyl0

I flashed my pixel 6. I have to say the installation was fast and really easy ! I have one problem though, I can't install any apk. The weird part is that I can install app with fdroid and aurora but not from apk files. If anyone knows what I can do tell me ;)
Make sure the file extension is still APK if you try to download them on duckduckgo edit: nevermind I just saw your last message lmao

Reactions: Diablo2424

Biggenz

Sep 19, 2014
Do you have to root your phone to install CalyxOS?

Also, is there a list of popular apps that don't work MicroG?

manjaroid

Jun 25, 2019
Do you have to root your phone to install CalyxOS?

Also, is there a list of popular apps that don't work MicroG?
root isn't necessary, just an unlocked bootloader and working USB drivers.

I'm not aware of a list but it would be interesting to see one. Narrowing your question to specific apps might fetch a better answer. At one time I ran /e/ Foundations's ROM and never came across app barriers I thought mattered for a de-googled phone.

Shuyin10

Jan 29, 2012
Lyon
Is Calyx OS good for my usage ?
I'm using a lot of google apps (photos, maps, gmail (not in push), drive) but I don't want to give out all my information to Google constantly...
Is it possible to use Gapps with microG ?

mailistman

Dec 7, 2012
Is Calyx OS good for my usage ?
I'm using a lot of google apps (photos, maps, gmail (not in push), drive) but I don't want to give out all my information to Google constantly...
Is it possible to use Gapps with microG ?
update : found what i need from aurora store and work on calyx v. 3.1.1

Last edited:

Biggenz

Sep 19, 2014
I flashed CalyxOS on Friday with MicroG and I have to say I'm not missing anything so far apart from Google Pay. All my other apps work as they should.

The only problem is some of my most used apps are activated via in app purchases which isn't detected by the Aurora Store, so I've contacted the devs to see if there is a way to activate it manually.

All in all I'm really happy with Calyx so far.

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
Update after about a month of CalyxOS and one OTA update. Really happy. Was adamant that I would go with GrapheneOS but somehow COS looked good out of the box and fit my use case real well (no microg). Fdroid, Aurora, Signal all pre loaded for me.

Reactions: Diablo2424

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not the developer of this rom obviously, but the Calyx team recently released CalyxOs for the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro in Beta version.
    Let's just use this thread to give feedbacks, opinions about this ROM and how it performs on your device!

-> https://calyxos.org/install/devices/oriole/
    I solved my problem. First the file explorer does not have install privilege by default so I gave it the oermission. Then it was duckduckgo browser fault. It removes the extension part, I had to rename the file with an ".apk" at the end.
    It might help someone in the future.
    I flashed CalyxOS on my Pixel 2XL a couple weeks ago and I'm liking it. I think I can finally dump Google Voice, too, so Calyx on P6 might be my next big move.
    Make sure the file extension is still APK if you try to download them on duckduckgo edit: nevermind I just saw your last message lmao