CalyxOS for Pixel 4a Sunfish

Search This thread

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016

Simple install. Extract link to your ADB tools folder. Double click on flash-all and let the flashing do the work on it's own.

This is the updated April 2021 security patch

CalyxOS does not include gapps and can not be flashed on this rom.

MicroG is included and can be enabled or disabled based on user preference.

Aurora Store replaces Google Play Store. Most Google Play Store apps supported. Google play store paid apps are NOT supported.

MicroG replaces Google Play Services.

Google Fi does work but must login to Google account.

Signature spoofing support.

Last edited:

adavid

Aug 15, 2008
I tried to install with no success, unlocked phone but doesn't allow my to flash new OS on it, I tries CalyxOS & GrapheneOS the same way and I tried run device-flasher.exe on their site but PC doesn't alow me to run it.

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
I tried to install with no success, unlocked phone but doesn't allow my to flash new OS on it, I tries CalyxOS & GrapheneOS the same way and I tried run device-flasher.exe on their site but PC doesn't alow me to run it.
It is either your browser, antivirus or firewall that are blocking this installation.

First, try a different browser.

Then turn off/make an exception in your antivirus.

If that doesn't work, check firewall to see if it's being blocked.

In my case, it was the browser and the firewall blocking the download/app.

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
For anyone wondering... this ROM is amazing. Runs smooth/fast. No bugs that I've experienced. Battery life is good. Not a ton of features, so if that's what you're after you should probably look at Resurrection or something like that.

To anyone security/privacy-conscious looking for a good mix of security and convenience, I think this ROM hits a sweet spot.

I've tried Graphene OS and the Lineage OS with microg patch. Both were great ROMs, but Graphene is way too locked down for my purposes and lineage is a bit too insecure for my nerves.

Try it out! And while you're at it, give the Calyx Institute a look. They have a membership program that has several benefits, including an LTE hotspot with unlimited data.

sinkoo1979

Oct 29, 2016
Yigo
For anyone wondering... this ROM is amazing. Runs smooth/fast. No bugs that I've experienced. Battery life is good. Not a ton of features, so if that's what you're after you should probably look at Resurrection or something like that.

To anyone security/privacy-conscious looking for a good mix of security and convenience, I think this ROM hits a sweet spot.

I've tried Graphene OS and the Lineage OS with microg patch. Both were great ROMs, but Graphene is way too locked down for my purposes and lineage is a bit too insecure for my nerves.

Try it out! And while you're at it, give the Calyx Institute a look. They have a membership program that has several benefits, including an LTE hotspot with unlimited data.

did you lock your bootloader?

abramsgunner

Jul 12, 2014
I installed CalyxOS on my 4a yesterday afternoon and all I can say is "Two thumbs up".

Only issue I have had so far is Signal telling me it can't find google services and the pop-up about establishing a connection (I don't remember the exact wording). I reinstalled Signal and haven't had the pop-up in awhile. Not a deal breaker by any means. I think I have this fixed now.

I'm on Visible Mobile and have had no issues with data, SMS, or calls.

I haven't flashed a phone in 7 or 8 years... The CalyxOS install was simple as pie.

Last edited:

sruel3216

Nov 9, 2010

Simple install. Extract link to your ADB tools folder. Double click on flash-all and let the flashing do the work on it's own.

This is the updated February 2021 security patch

Aurora Store replaces Google Play Store. Most Google Play Store apps supported. Paid apps NOT supported.

Paid apps dont work as in apps like Spotify and Strava?

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OP updated with March security update. If you are already on January or February's of this ROM, and don't want to wipe your device, you can edit the flash-all.bat file with notepad and remove the -w before the update zip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    April update is up.

If you have issues when flashing, replace the flash-all.bat file with this one below.

OTA update went flawless (y)

VoLTE/VoWifi doesn't work for Telekom and O2 in Germany, but no biggie for me.

This is the updated April 2021 security patch

Aurora Store replaces Google Play Store. Most Google Play Store apps supported. Google play store paid apps are NOT supported.

I see spotify in the Aorara app store. Its subscription based in the app, not paid through play store
    Yes in that case it will work if you go through Spotify directly, you just couldn't get subscription through Google play and other apps that require payment to download in Google play would not be available in Aurora.
    April update is up.

If you have issues when flashing, replace the flash-all.bat file with this one below.

OTA update went flawless (y)

VoLTE/VoWifi doesn't work for Telekom and O2 in Germany, but no biggie for me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone