• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

CalyxOS - Pixel 4a - network issues

Search This thread

CarlInMO

Feb 10, 2021
Installed CalyxOS on Pixel 4a. Very easy install.

Now have internet access through Wifi only. Can make phone calls (Sprint network) but no internet.

Anyone willing to help or redirect to source of CalyxOS support? Doesn't appear to be much online support.

CarlInMO

Feb 10, 2021
Doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic on this forum.

In case anyone is interested, conclusion on Reddit forum is that my Sprint sim card may be the problem with CalyxOS. Wish I would have known this before suffering through the install and then return to stock.

All I am really trying to do is find an alternative to stock unrooted phone so I can better manage various things as I have done with all of my previous android phones. First attempt using rooted Android 11 was successful. Unfortunately both Adaway and Titanium BU failed to function. So now back to unlocked unrooted Android 11.

jmcandrews83

Aug 11, 2010
@CarlInMO All Sprint users who don't automatically switch to T-Mobile are not currently able to use CalyxOS (or GrapheneOS or similar) until T-Mobile allows open network Pixel phones to use a service called TNX. TNX will allow Sprint phones to use T-Mobile SIMs or eSIMs.

You can read more here:
I don't know what's going on but I've been having problems just trying to get signal once I put my metropcs card in my pixel 4a