Camera 2.0 ported

Search This thread

Black_Eyes

Apr 11, 2013
Lahore
Here it is camera 2.0 ported for 5.0.2... This took a lot of work, months of work to figure this out. Theoretically this should work on any 20.7 megapixel Xperia device running 5.0.2... Enjoy it... My Rom Is coming people... I've been very busy with school.

Flash in recovery
https://mega.nz/#!nE8ihK7b!9vk_AY7tnZ7Q80htdQhd-89PoqphOfUgYX--ajiZGZI
Are you using Internet Explorer Bro :D ?
Kidding...
BTW , it's already available in forum, Search a bit.

zachariahpope

May 5, 2012
Kidding...

I'm using my phone... And are you sure this has been available for 5.0.2? I know it's been available for 5.1.1 Lollipop for some time now...Because I'm pretty sure as of a month ago (that's around the last time I searched this topic) it wasn't working on 5.0.2 because people were getting Force Close errors on all the Camera 2.0 ports.. A couple of the devs even said 5.0.2 was impossible with this... but if you know of a recent 5.0.2 port that I don't know about, let me know.. It's not that I doubt you, I'd just like to see it for myself since I sunk a lot of time into getting this to work for our Lollipop version...Thanks!

Last edited:

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012
Kidding...

The Z3v is different from the rest of the Xperia line, and I've tried the port that was given out on the cross device board and it really does no one any good when you can't even open the camera anymore.

Tigerhoods

Sep 25, 2015
Portland
Kidding...
telling a devloper to use the search button... you should know what your talking about before you post.
This is the only way to get camera 2.0 on the z3v. Or use the other ports and watch your camera not work anymore and force close.

AddictedToGlass

Feb 28, 2015
Where can I find a list of improvements that will be had specifically to the z3V over the original camera software?

Also, can you please tell us what is different than the other downloadable installation file that's floating around here? They have the same timestamp and are the same size. I'm not doubting, just trying to understand.

Mr. Bradley, please, for the love of God, don't lock this thread down too.

zachariahpope

May 5, 2012
Where can I find a list of improvements that will be had specifically to the z3V over the original camera software?

Also, can you please tell us what is different than the other downloadable installation file that's floating around here? They have the same timestamp and are the same size. I'm not doubting, just trying to understand.

There are no list of improvements specific to our device model, this is just the updated Sony camera app(s) ported from the Z5 to work on our devices. I wasn't aware there was another flashable camera port for the Z3v floating around here... Please link me to it. I assure you, you have nothing to risk by flashing this and that I am the original developer of this port... No one else by my knowledge should be circulating this file around for the Z3V or 5.0.2 in general. I'm making a flashable zip as we speak to revert back to the orginal camera should you not like the Camera 2.0's interface... I'm also working on an updated version of this port that will provide some camera improvements. When I'm done with both zips they will be posted in the OP along with some cleanup and screenshots. Thank you for your questions, it's great to ask questions... that's how we learn.. And its always good to know as much as possible before flashing anything to our phones. Should you have any more questions feel free to ask and I hope you enjoy the MOD. :)

AddictedToGlass

Feb 28, 2015
Nope, not the same. When Mega DLs I end up with two of everything. Previous download zips were moved to my card and is the z5 2.0 at 10.5mb.
Will try this later and look for differences.

zachariahpope

May 5, 2012
Nope, not the same. When Mega DLs I end up with two of everything. Previous download zips were moved to my card and is the z5 2.0 at 10.5mb.
Will try this later and look for differences.

Would you mind linking me to this other zip you're referring to? Thank you ��

EDIT: Nevermind I can tell by the size of the file you must be referring to one of the other Camera 2.0 ports here on XDA. You can try flashing those at your own risk if you'd like, but I'd kindly like to warn you ahead of time, those do not work on Lollipop 5.0.2... The reason my port is larger in file size is because the framework ported from 5.1.1 as well as permission files to run Camera 2.0 are included. It is worth noting however, you can flash any other Camera 2.0 port AFTER flashing mine and they'll work since mine installs the correct framework and permissions that are necessary.

Last edited:

AddictedToGlass

Feb 28, 2015
I had downloaded the z5 zip not understanding that the z3V was the only one not on the list. I actually almost installed it until I read that it could brick the phone.
The UI seems a bit fiddly but I guess each has it's learning curve. I took random dim indoor shots, including some macros, before and after in the sensors native 4:3 aspect ratio at 20.7MP usingthe original and your ported 2.0, but using Camera FV-5. I didn't tripod the phone or run any real range, just point & shoot of 28 shots all the same objects from the same spot.
So far I have not noticed a significant difference and when the photos are zoomed in on they show the same muddled look from what appears to be the same overcorrective software (I'm sure Sony didn't change that). I've read that the z5 camera hardware is identical to the z3V.

I'll put her on a tripod this weekend and do some real testing.
The original camera zip will make flipping back and forth easier for comparison testing.

Thanks for making this happen!

Last edited:

chickenliquor

Oct 11, 2015
So how many of us have actually installed this ROM? Is it worth ditching the setup we have right now? I mean I don't really know how this could provide better performance if Sony hasn't updated any soft for our phones camera. I could understand manual modes might provide greater ability to change fine settings, but point and shoot quality and overall use ability is was I am concerned about.

AddictedToGlass

Feb 28, 2015
First off, it's not a ROM, it's technically just a mod. Secondly, Sony supposedly did update the software, and because the camera hardware in our z3V phones are identical to those of the z5 which was released with this updated software, it will do the same thing and be perfectly installable without having to port it. -And it is, on nearly every single z model but ours because the z3V is a Verizon Sony step child.
The UI is MOSTLY what's new and improved, but lower light shots do seem to be rendered better by the software. The ISO limits haven't changed and I doubt that Sony did something to alter their interpolation software, but something does seem different.
Until I can easily switch back and forth without having to flash to an entire restore that's 12Gb (in other words, simply flash back to the original camera as a zip), I'm not going to bother with tripod testing. Once I can do that, I will take shots with a tripod in varying light using the old and new camera zips and examine the shots and exif data. It could simply be that in manual mode the software defaults to better settings. I'm guessing that it's the default values values in lower light situations that have been changed, if anything.
At first I didn't like the user interface just because I wasn't used to it. But now I find I'm actually using it more than I used the old one (I normally use FV-5). It is a one handed, portrait friendly UI.

I highly recommend this mod. Simply make a backup and install it. You can always revert back to the old one via your backup or you could wait for zachariahpope to release the original as an installable zip.

JediDru

Nov 10, 2010
Chicago
I found I minor bug. The front camera wants to stay on manual. If you switch to superior auto, the camera closes.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is camera 2.0 ported for 5.0.2... This took a lot of work, months of work to figure this out. Theoretically this should work on any 20.7 megapixel Xperia device running 5.0.2... Enjoy it... My Rom Is coming people... I've been very busy with school.

Flash in recovery
    https://mega.nz/#!nE8ihK7b!9vk_AY7tnZ7Q80htdQhd-89PoqphOfUgYX--ajiZGZI
    Kidding...
    telling a devloper to use the search button... you should know what your talking about before you post.
    This is the only way to get camera 2.0 on the z3v. Or use the other ports and watch your camera not work anymore and force close.

There are no list of improvements specific to our device model, this is just the updated Sony camera app(s) ported from the Z5 to work on our devices. I wasn't aware there was another flashable camera port for the Z3v floating around here... Please link me to it. I assure you, you have nothing to risk by flashing this and that I am the original developer of this port... No one else by my knowledge should be circulating this file around for the Z3V or 5.0.2 in general. I'm making a flashable zip as we speak to revert back to the orginal camera should you not like the Camera 2.0's interface... I'm also working on an updated version of this port that will provide some camera improvements. When I'm done with both zips they will be posted in the OP along with some cleanup and screenshots. Thank you for your questions, it's great to ask questions... that's how we learn.. And its always good to know as much as possible before flashing anything to our phones. Should you have any more questions feel free to ask and I hope you enjoy the MOD. :)
    I found I minor bug. The front camera wants to stay on manual. If you switch to superior auto, the camera closes.
    Strange. Mine doesn't crash when switching to superior auto with the front camera.
    Edit: It does if I try to switch while using the front camera. If I switch to Superior Auto for the rear camera and then switch to front camera it is fine.
    Yes, this. Maybe it's a smaller bug then?
    I still haven't tried other configurations to see if this is only with certain MP selections (for example).

This bug is consistent throughout all Z3 devices with any implementation of Camera 2.0... Camera 2.0 is made for the Z5, and I believe the issue is hiding in a SMALI file.. Hopefully it can be fixed soon. I'll add this information to the OP soon along with the new zips. Thank you all.