• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Camera Auto Flash Issue

Search This thread

mwahab15

Jul 29, 2021
I bought Mi 11 ultra yesterday and I found that in-camera app when I enable the auto-flash option and take photos in dark/night scenarios, flash doesn't work at all, even if it's complete black or pitch black, and works normally when it's enabled. I'm not sure whether it's a hardware issue (I hope not) but I started to feel a little concerned about this issue.

uoiea0

Jun 2, 2016
LOL, this thread and responses are a joke. Before starting a thread about help for some app, you should at least first check settings of that app for a solution. Just go to camera settings and disable "Enhance image quality". It says in description that in low light conditions it will turn on night mode if that option is enabled and that is what you do not want, you want normal capture with flash light. Yes, you can argue that this design is not logical, but that is MIUI for you. Still, no excuse for not checking settings.

mwahab15

Jul 29, 2021
LOL, this thread and responses are a joke. Before starting a thread about help for some app, you should at least first check settings of that app for a solution. Just go to camera settings and disable "Enhance image quality". It says in description that in low light conditions it will turn on night mode if that option is enabled and that is what you do not want, you want normal capture with flash light. Yes, you can argue that this design is not logical, but that is MIUI for you. Still, no excuse for not checking settings.
Firstly, you can be a little more respectful when you're actually trying to help someone and not joke about it because it can happen to anyone.

Secondly, normal capture with auto-flash still doesn't work even after disabling the "enhance image quality" option in camera settings. I don't know if it doesn't work the way it should then IDK why that option is still there in the camera.

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
I bought Mi 11 ultra yesterday and I found that in-camera app when I enable the auto-flash option and take photos in dark/night scenarios, flash doesn't work at all, even if it's complete black or pitch black, and works normally when it's enabled. I'm not sure whether it's a hardware issue (I hope not) but I started to feel a little concerned about this issue.
Do you use a cover on your Mi 11 Ultra?

uoiea0

Jun 2, 2016
Firstly, you can be a little more respectful when you're actually trying to help someone and not joke about it because it can happen to anyone.

Secondly, normal capture with auto-flash still doesn't work even after disabling the "enhance image quality" option in camera settings. I don't know if it doesn't work the way it should then IDK why that option is still there in the camera.
When it is easy solution, jokes are with justification.
And normal capture with auto flash works when you disable "enhance image quality". Just tested it myself. Flash turns on in low light scenes only. Try to cover your camera with hand to make it pitch black. It should display yellow flash icon that tells you that it will turn on flash when capturing that scene.

mwahab15

Jul 29, 2021
When it is easy solution, jokes are with justification.
And normal capture with auto flash works when you disable "enhance image quality". Just tested it myself. Flash turns on in low light scenes only. Try to cover your camera with hand to make it pitch black. It should display yellow flash icon that tells you that it will turn on flash when capturing that scene.
Like I said earlier, It isn't working for me I tried covering by hand and in the complete pitch black room with no light at all. I'm talking about the icon which displays flash with the letter 'A' beside it.

mwahab15

Jul 29, 2021
I have noticed one thing, when I switch to 5x then auto flash works and it also works in dual camera mode but doesn't work in 1x or normal capture mode.

Top Liked Posts