Question Camera bug or are they faking it? (Stock camera)

Search This thread
There is something wrong with the ISO implementation in the Pro Mode of the stock camera.

I shot a couple of photos at 800, 1600, 3200 and 6400 ISO. Upon checking the metadata of the RAW images, I found that the correct ISO was used only upto 1600 ISO. Beyond that, I found that both 3200 and 6400 ISO were shot at 2000 ISO!

That got me thinking. It could definitely be a bug. But the cynical side of me thought that they actually capped the camera at 2000 ISO and then bumped up the brightness in the in-camera post-processing to simulate and fake the high ISO values.

The reason I'm being cynical is because the LOG video profile in the pro mode is also fake.

What are your thoughts?

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
There is something wrong with the ISO implementation in the Pro Mode of the stock camera.

I shot a couple of photos at 800, 1600, 3200 and 6400 ISO. Upon checking the metadata of the RAW images, I found that the correct ISO was used only upto 1600 ISO. Beyond that, I found that both 3200 and 6400 ISO were shot at 2000 ISO!

That got me thinking. It could definitely be a bug. But the cynical side of me thought that they actually capped the camera at 2000 ISO and then bumped up the brightness in the in-camera post-processing to simulate and fake the high ISO values.

The reason I'm being cynical is because the LOG video profile in the pro mode is also fake.

What are your thoughts?
Try out the better gcam solution

Reactions: Yanthungbemo

code28h4p

Dec 17, 2010
How did you check your metadata?
My file said it was 6400
IMG_20220813_110624.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What are your thoughts?
    I do use GCam. But i need the manual controls in the stock camera too.

I do astrophotography and I wanted to try out the stock camera to do wide field astrophotography