• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Camera case

Search This thread

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
I bought this case from Jessops yesterday:

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/products/lowepro/apex-60-aw-black--47601/show.html

It's the LowePro Apex 60 and is the smallest case you can get to fit this beast. Well at least that's what the Jessops salesman told me. But although it's a snug fit, the camera does squeeze in nicely.

The case is actually better quality than I expected, It has 1 divider inside and 2 internal pockets, also has a rubber base plate and a stow-able waterproof canopy, a belt fastener and a neck strap.

Pretty good value in my opinion.

ianjd

Apr 6, 2008
Actually the case described above does feature a velcro-secured belt-loop.

EwanG

Jan 16, 2009
San Antonio, TX
500px.com
Actually the case described above does feature a velcro-secured belt-loop.

Entirely not obvious, but once you pointed it out and I did a little snooping, you are correct. My concern/complaint is that I'd ideally like something that is easier to open when it's hanging off my belt, but I suppose I can keep looking and get something to get me by in the mean time.

Thanks!

ianjd

Apr 6, 2008
I agree - this case, whilst snug in two dimensions, does feel a little fat along the lens axis direction, too. A simpler velcro-top belt case would be better for quick access, imho.

dano272

Jan 14, 2007
Lowepro Newport 30

Picked up the Lowepro Newport 30 at Best Buy here in the US - comes in 3 or so colors - and fits the camera quite well. It's not too padded so it's overall not terribly larger than the camera. It has a belt strap.

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
The reason I chose the LowePro Apex 60 is the fact it has extra internal compartments, a rubber bumper base and a waterproof cover yet still be very compact, quality materials and really good value. I managed to get it on special offer for £21 though I think it's around £28 now (but probably available elsewhere cheaper)

See the Jessops video for this case:

http://www.isitetv.com/4955943bc34e...re=VIDEO-_-PRODUCTSDETAILS-_-ALOWEBC205116013

Well worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: bubblesmoney

jojocommi

Nov 4, 2012
Screen protection

Just received this:
xoskins dot com/digital-camera-skin-protectors/samsung-screen-protectors/samsung-galaxy-camera-screen-protector

cant find any other company that makes screen protection for galaxy camera

Claghorn

Oct 16, 2012
home.comcast.net
The only official accessory I see on either the AT&T or Samsung site is a screen protector. I'm currently using a small cheap CaseLogic camcorder case that was in a discount bin at Staples. It is bigger than I'd like, but at least it is big enough to hold the camera.

dalethefarmer

Jul 27, 2010
New York
What I would like to know is what happened to this wall of accessories Samsung showed off:

Galaxycamera-acc.jpg

EwanG

Jan 16, 2009
San Antonio, TX
500px.com
What I would like to know is what happened to this wall of accessories Samsung showed off:

Galaxycamera-acc.jpg

Would like to know this as well. Picked up my Galaxy Camera today at AT&T and they had no cases. Went to a couple other Cell Phone Accessory stores and nothing. Nothing on Amazon. Makes me wonder if they decided they weren't going to sell enough to make it worth even a minimal order of the cases...

tuannguyen

Dec 12, 2005
Samsung case for Galaxy Camera at AT&T

Would like to know this as well. Picked up my Galaxy Camera today at AT&T and they had no cases. Went to a couple other Cell Phone Accessory stores and nothing. Nothing on Amazon. Makes me wonder if they decided they weren't going to sell enough to make it worth even a minimal order of the cases...

Search google for "Samsung Black Pouch - Samsung Galaxy Camera", you will find a case for it.
However, I order it on Dec 9 at AT&T, I have not shipped until (Dec 13) now.

uberNoobZA

Oct 10, 2008
Oxford

Id assume thoose would be mockups of proposed accessories, and Samsung will only start making them if the camera proves successful

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda premium

Abygae

Dec 6, 2012
GC case (or not ?)

Hello,

I found this :
can't post links .. look at insight dot com website Réf Insight: 0001713962

Samsung ref : EFC-GC1BBEGSTD

Maybe you can found other references like :
can't post links .. look at insight dot com website Réf Insight: 0001713936

Samsung ref : ETC-GC1WBEGSTD

and lots of other it on this website

Could you confirm these references corresponding GC cases ?

And if you find other UE or US websites, post here references ?

Hope this post help you to find your case !

<1st post so can't link, could you link it if u think is a good idea>

uberNoobZA

Oct 10, 2008
Oxford
These seem to fit the dimensions of the camera, (I measured the one I got today) -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Canber...SRKQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355781564&sr=8-2 - could be a little loose inside

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Canber...1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355781564&sr=8-2-fkmr0 - could be a little tight inside.

I'm actually just gonna go down to my local PCWorld tomorrow and test a bunch of bags and see which fit this baby the best.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Hello,

I found this :
can't post links .. look at insight dot com website Réf Insight: 0001713962

Samsung ref : EFC-GC1BBEGSTD

Maybe you can found other references like :
can't post links .. look at insight dot com website Réf Insight: 0001713936

Samsung ref : ETC-GC1WBEGSTD

and lots of other it on this website

Could you confirm these references corresponding GC cases ?

And if you find other UE or US websites, post here references ?

Hope this post help you to find your case !

<1st post so can't link, could you link it if u think is a good idea>

Those do point to genuine Samsung accessories (though cant seem to find on insight.com). I found them on a french website -

http://eng.estock.fr/basketadd.php?partnumber=EFC-GC1BBEGSTD - Samsung Case for Galaxy Camera
and
http://eng.estock.fr/basketadd.php?partnumber=ETC-GC1WBEGSTD - Samsung strap for Galaxy Camera LOL 17 Euro for a STRAP

uberNoobZA

Oct 10, 2008
Oxford
I went go pcworld and tried on a bunch of cases, and got the Lowepro Tahoe 30. It fits the camera snugly and has a small pocket on the outside for an extra memory card and/or battery.

Pcworld is selling the camera in a bundle with the lowepro apex 20aw, which is way too small. I tested the 30aw and it was too small, and the 20aw is smaller than the 30aw.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda premium

Mm02

Nov 28, 2012
DoubleU DoubleU DoubleU amazon.it/gp/product/B0039BPG1U/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

Perfect and beautiful!

Sent from my noTe2 using XDA PreMiuM

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts