• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Camera comparison.....

Search This thread

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I think this says a lot. Anyone who says our wonderful nexus 6 does not have a good camera is not looking enough at true comparisons. I like how in this video comparison both phones are mounted to the same piece of equipment. The N6 is the clear winner. And I'm not a hater of the other brand.

Nexus 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus - Camera Comparison Test: http://youtu.be/tdLgf9DmALY

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
There is so much wrong with that video I don't even know where to start.
The Nexus impressed me a little with what it was capable of, but giving the Nexus 6 the "point" in video is just absurd. The Nexus 6's OIS and DIS was awful (maybe the N6 disabled DIS on 4k?), and the focus issue (hunting/refocusing) will ruin almost every videos it produces. It also was very noisy in those night shots and that flash is really really bad.

The Daytime shots were nice and some were sharper, but the Nexus tended to have a reddish hue over most shots. It can clearly be seen in anything with a Sky.

Overall the Nexus has a good camera and over time hopefully Google will improve it and fix some of the nagging issues, but saying the Nexus clearly won is an overstatement.

Lucke

Oct 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
my god, how many camera/photo threads are we going to allow? there's about 6 of them floating around the general section right now.