Camera driver working (kind of) in gingerbread

Search This thread

dom_b

Feb 23, 2010
Camera takes raw images in kalim 10.9

translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://www.htcmania.com/forumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D201&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhiuQ-KUWzTbwAieMGtyhVj3w26H_A

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using XDA App

Ihaveatattoo

Jun 10, 2010
Thanks. I see that it is possible to convert the outputted .raw image to jpg. We can somehow say it is done! Just to complicated to be done everyday! :D

josebagar

Mar 9, 2010
Taking photos in raw format seems to be working well (someone even posted a photoshop script that'll translate those raw photos to jpeg). However, there are a couple of things that aren't working right now, namely:
  • Preview isn't working yet.
  • There seems to be some problem with camera unloading. When you close camera app, the camera won't behave correctly in any other app.
But it is, indeed, a giant leap forward thanks to kalimochoaz :)

Last edited:

KalimochoAz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2007
Tarragona
Why I have not posted my work here

Hi all,

I have decided not to post it here this ROM together with Arco ( from the past this forum has been filled of ) for some good reasons.

1. Yo already have Arco's Gingerbread. This is an excelent ROM
  2. I realy want to have camera working, so I prefere not to doble post ( spanish / english ) takes time.
  3. Not fill this foro with people thinking that the ROM makes photos. This ROM only makes RAW at this moment.
  4. I don't like credit, this is a work together with HTC mania guys and Arco's work. The ROM is from Cyanogen Team, so all credit for them.
  5. If anyone feels that can help, of course, always it will be welcome. I don't need credit as I said before, I need camera working. Take a look at my github, all is in there. I hope in not to much time is in cyanogen so it will be more esasy for all of you to download and compile...
  6. For the ROM statements, Arco's ROM is always one step advanced from mine, He is doing a great work for all of us. Also I am receiving help from HCDRJacob and Cyanogen.

Feel free to take the git or the ROM and suggest for camera topics. More people helping -> more possibilities to have it working.

Thanks for asking for my work.

Reactions: milankojic

KalimochoAz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2007
Tarragona
after taking a picture I have no trace of the .jpg in DCIM folder :( / when I switch camera to camcoder mode something actually is saved to sdcard, but the file is corrupted...

Create a directory in sdcard: /DCIM/Camera ( case sensitive ). This camera app is for test so I don't make the directory if it doen't exists and no jpeg can be stored.

Once you go out of the camera reboot the tattoo it will consume resources and you will not be able to go again into camera app witout reboot

-vt-

Feb 24, 2010
Sydney
x @calimochoazucarado:

I'm trying to follow your excellent work in camera things from few months, and you are the only one that is trying to solve this thing.

Tattoo is not a great phone, hardware is not realy like his major brothers, so lost also camera and fm is realy making me hungry.

Obviusly is not a fault of the people like you that spend lot of time and money (becouse time is money) on this great work, but i think that the most important thing before make a fully costumized rom,is gain a working kernel with at least camera working, i hope that is the point that all rom maker like you are trying to do.

I belive that an opensource community MUST collaborate to gain the max from a common ideal, HTC lost us in the deep space of 1.6, you and others still working hard, but please, do this hard work in english on this forum, just to make us able to test and , others that can, able to help.

Thanks to all rom developer, thanks to you for your hard work, i hope this pray would be recived :)

Reactions: HeDone4eH

francians

May 28, 2010
x @calimochoazucarado:

I'm trying to follow your excellent work in camera things from few months, and you are the only one that is trying to solve this thing.

Tattoo is not a great phone, hardware is not realy like his major brothers, so lost also camera and fm is realy making me hungry.

Obviusly is not a fault of the people like you that spend lot of time and money (becouse time is money) on this great work, but i think that the most important thing before make a fully costumized rom,is gain a working kernel with at least camera working, i hope that is the point that all rom maker like you are trying to do.

I belive that an opensource community MUST collaborate to gain the max from a common ideal, HTC lost us in the deep space of 1.6, you and others still working hard, but please, do this hard work in english on this forum, just to make us able to test and , others that can, able to help.

Thanks to all rom developer, thanks to you for your hard work, i hope this pray would be recived :)

I 100% agree. FMRadio probably will never work, but camera would be THE step. And if behind the great kalim there is cyanogen we are in excellent hands.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    after taking a picture I have no trace of the .jpg in DCIM folder :( / when I switch camera to camcoder mode something actually is saved to sdcard, but the file is corrupted...

Create a directory in sdcard: /DCIM/Camera ( case sensitive ). This camera app is for test so I don't make the directory if it doen't exists and no jpeg can be stored.

Once you go out of the camera reboot the tattoo it will consume resources and you will not be able to go again into camera app witout reboot
    x @calimochoazucarado:

I 100% agree. FMRadio probably will never work, but camera would be THE step. And if behind the great kalim there is cyanogen we are in excellent hands.
    Why I have not posted my work here

Hi all,

I have decided not to post it here this ROM together with Arco ( from the past this forum has been filled of ) for some good reasons.

1. Yo already have Arco's Gingerbread. This is an excelent ROM
    2. I realy want to have camera working, so I prefere not to doble post ( spanish / english ) takes time.
    3. Not fill this foro with people thinking that the ROM makes photos. This ROM only makes RAW at this moment.
    4. I don't like credit, this is a work together with HTC mania guys and Arco's work. The ROM is from Cyanogen Team, so all credit for them.
    5. If anyone feels that can help, of course, always it will be welcome. I don't need credit as I said before, I need camera working. Take a look at my github, all is in there. I hope in not to much time is in cyanogen so it will be more esasy for all of you to download and compile...
    6. For the ROM statements, Arco's ROM is always one step advanced from mine, He is doing a great work for all of us. Also I am receiving help from HCDRJacob and Cyanogen.

Feel free to take the git or the ROM and suggest for camera topics. More people helping -> more possibilities to have it working.

Thanks for asking for my work.
    x @calimochoazucarado:

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone