• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Camera FIX cab from LEO

Search This thread

Rocheau

May 1, 2006
As probably most of you know, the LEO or HTC HD2 had an issue with the images taken by the camera. HTC has released a fix today. This fix means an enhancement in the quality of the photos. Some guy, have made a cab, the orginal exe file provided by HTC was not able to be installed on our HTC HD, but the cab made by this guy yes...

So I have installed the cab in my device -after a back up of course-, then I have made a soft reset and once the device has rebooted I have started to use my camera. For me, but maybe is just a placebo effect, the photos taken after the installation seems to be much better, a great quality improvement has been noted by me, and also the video seems to have a faster response.

But as this fix was intended to the LEO maybe is just a placebo effect and not a real effect. I have to comment that I am using one of the new roms based on LEO. So I do not know how this fix will work on an stock rom. Just make a back up. Just in case.

My current manila version is 2.5.19.202525.0

Link of the cab

http://www.projectxor.com/ccount/click.php?id=117

Thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=598000

Attachments

• IMAG0249.jpg
    IMAG0249.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 943

varunverma

Jul 9, 2006
Has anyone tested it on WM6.1 Roms? or will it work on Roms based on Leo's Rom only??

Last edited:

beco_vno

Jan 1, 2009
I have official rom from htc and camera fix works great. Images are better and it has additional options.

But first time I started camera picture was out of screen but it fixed it self by it self after couple of seconds.

stoolzo

Dec 27, 2008
you might be right

Just tried this on my 6.5 cooked leo ROM, there is a definate difference, the camera does seem a little quicker and the image is more crisp with more Gamma and contrast.

stoolzo

Dec 27, 2008
images

Here are the images, it occurred to me though as a different focus area was chosen in each image the white balance could have caused this changed, perhpas someone else could have a go.

Attachments

• withoutcab.jpg
    withoutcab.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 978
  • withcab.jpg
    withcab.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 955

Swarvey

Aug 16, 2007
Sunshine Coast
Working on my T8282 with Maryone WM6.5 (details in sig)

-Noticed slightly faster performance... maybe...

-All extra camera options were already there for me thanks to HDTweak

-Am about 95% sure the quality of photos has increased

But maybe I just want to believe...

dov74

Jun 13, 2009
Falkirk
Video

I think this has improved my camera slightly....i think!

However I have no audio while video recording? Any one else have this??

Sweeny Russ

Aug 27, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
Don't know if you care

Works beautifully on imagio. Seriously, words can't describe the increased level of functionality of the camera on this device. I wouldn't bring my phone out to take pictures before because of the 10 seconds it takes for the autofocus to work, but this thread has shown me light. Under two seconds autofocus and shutter now. Fantastico.

ronbo76

Nov 13, 2009
Does anyone know what registry values this cab installs or writes? I would like to try it on an HD Clone. Ideally, it would be nice to know what changes are made to the registry.

grzegorz10

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2008
Marulan
Does anyone know what registry values this cab installs or writes? I would like to try it on an HD Clone. Ideally, it would be nice to know what changes are made to the registry.
Open the cab with winrar or something similar then just read the xml with a text reader, it's all there for you.

ronbo76

Nov 13, 2009
Open the cab with winrar or something similar then just read the xml with a text reader, it's all there for you.

Thanks. I extracted that file and renamed it as a DOC file. I can see only one Registry change:

type="Registry"><characteristic type="HKCU\Software\HTC\Customize"><parm name="Ver" value="1.0" datatype="string" /></characteristic></characteristic></wap-provisioningdoc>

Everything else seems to be installs of DLL files and some data run statements. I kind of hoped to see or know more about any other Reg changes as some of the keys are different on Clones.

kidd78

Mar 5, 2007
using it on duttys leo 6.5 rom and its definately speeded up the camera shot, there is still motion blur but I guess its improved and now I can take photos quicker before my son moves.

ladieslova

Jul 31, 2009
Belgrade
Well, I am back after installing this camera fix on my Blackstone, and I can say that there is a slight improvement in camera's performance... Especially on daylight.
Thanks again

Best regards