[Camera fix CM11/CM13] for Samsung Galaxy S3

Search This thread

multiwirth

Dec 17, 2013
Gerstetten
www.youtube.com
----This is also a workaround for the cm13 "can´t connect to camera" issue----
Just download and install the app.
Don´t replace it with the stock camera, because after every system update the cm11 camera will be overwritten.
Just deactivate the stock camera
To fix panorama mode:
To make it work Panorama, you must copy libjni_mosaic.so in system/lib/libjni_mosaic.so with permissions rw-r--r-- or 644

Or you can copy in the folder where he was installed the camera.apk, the folder of the camera in lib/arm/libjni_mosaic.so with permissions rwxr-xr-x or 755 (folder arm with permissions rwxr-xr-x or 755)

Lib works for Camera2.apk from cm11 and CameraNext.apk from Cyanogen

I leave lib (decompress), Camera2 and CameraNext, They are installed as a normal apk

Camera2 and CameraNext I've changed he old icon of the Gallery by the Gallery from Marshmallow
Thanks to ChristianTC for his great instruction! Click on his username to view the original thread and to get the downloads for the files.

For CM11:
Download the camera2.apk and go to /system/priv-app via any root browser (i recommend es file explorer)
Search the old camera2.apk and delete it.
Now copy the downloaded camera2.apk back to /system/priv-app to replace the old apk with the new one.
I recommend a reboot now, but should work without it.
After this you´ll never see the "can´t connect to camera" bug.

Here is a full video instruction (with bad english, sorry for this) CM11 camera fix cm11-i9300

Attachments

• Camera2.apk
    4 MB · Views: 5,156
Last edited:

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
Worth a try though it depends on which camera hardware is in your S3.

I hope this thread is on the correct forum.
Now i can take photos without problems and reboots!

Here you can see that the fix is working: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4KRlOjuPEk&feature=youtu.be

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ----This is also a workaround for the cm13 "can´t connect to camera" issue----
    Just download and install the app.
    Don´t replace it with the stock camera, because after every system update the cm11 camera will be overwritten.
    Just deactivate the stock camera
    To fix panorama mode:
    To make it work Panorama, you must copy libjni_mosaic.so in system/lib/libjni_mosaic.so with permissions rw-r--r-- or 644

Or you can copy in the folder where he was installed the camera.apk, the folder of the camera in lib/arm/libjni_mosaic.so with permissions rwxr-xr-x or 755 (folder arm with permissions rwxr-xr-x or 755)

Lib works for Camera2.apk from cm11 and CameraNext.apk from Cyanogen

I leave lib (decompress), Camera2 and CameraNext, They are installed as a normal apk

Camera2 and CameraNext I've changed he old icon of the Gallery by the Gallery from Marshmallow
    Thanks to ChristianTC for his great instruction! Click on his username to view the original thread and to get the downloads for the files.

For CM11:
    Download the camera2.apk and go to /system/priv-app via any root browser (i recommend es file explorer)
    Search the old camera2.apk and delete it.
    Now copy the downloaded camera2.apk back to /system/priv-app to replace the old apk with the new one.
    I recommend a reboot now, but should work without it.
    After this you´ll never see the "can´t connect to camera" bug.

Here is a full video instruction (with bad english, sorry for this) CM11 camera fix cm11-i9300
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone