• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Camera Focus Problem

Search This thread

woodman7677

Jun 13, 2014
Dear does it work permanently or you have to slap again and again every time you use back camera. I am also having the same problem but I didn't try to hit the screen..
The condition came from the time i dropped my phone. Then I opened my phone and found that the camera displaced. So I put it in the right place and the problem was fixed. Very simple!

Sent from my MHA-AL00 using Tapatalk

rickford

Aug 15, 2012
So has anyone actually tried the camera replacement and has it worked?

I sent mine to repaired (not official huawei) and the technician told me he tried with a new camera and there was no change. He said this is a consistent problem that cant be fix with a replacement?

Anyone had any luck besides dropping and hitting it which only works temporarily?

Monty Burns

Mar 11, 2005
Doha
www.stuza.com
So has anyone actually tried the camera replacement and has it worked?

I sent mine to repaired (not official huawei) and the technician told me he tried with a new camera and there was no change. He said this is a consistent problem that cant be fix with a replacement?

Anyone had any luck besides dropping and hitting it which only works temporarily?

He's wrong or you have a different problem. Re-read the thread.

Monty Burns

Mar 11, 2005
Doha
www.stuza.com
What exactly are you trying to point out?

If you re-read the thread, and you have perfect focus on monachrome but NOT colour, then the colour lens has physically shifted. It's a design issue (?). Drop the phone, the lens shifts, colour out of alignment. If you have COLOUR lens out of focus, this is your problem. You can attempt to bang it back in to alignment which often works but risks other damage or, take it to an official dealer who will realign it but probably charge you for a new camera anyway.

It's all in this thread.

rickford

Aug 15, 2012
If you re-read the thread, and you have perfect focus on monachrome but NOT colour, then the colour lens has physically shifted. It's a design issue (?). Drop the phone, the lens shifts, colour out of alignment. If you have COLOUR lens out of focus, this is your problem. You can attempt to bang it back in to alignment which often works but risks other damage or, take it to an official dealer who will realign it but probably charge you for a new camera anyway.

It's all in this thread.

Yeah, I am aware of all that. Maybe you should re-read my first post

htcdesire-hd

Mar 2, 2011
My camera also had this problem and realigning the module did not help.
So I replaced the camera module and now I do not have any issues! A good 20€ fix.

htcdesire-hd

Mar 2, 2011
How difficult was it to remove the cover to replace the camera?

To be honest it was quite difficult to remove, took me about an hour... But only the first time is that hard so it's worth it (for changing battery or other parts in the future).

I used the bottom screw holes and a thin screw driver to lever until there was a small gap between screen and case at the bottom, then I used a metal spatula to get between screen and case and carefully expanded the gap to the sides. The rest was like on the YouTube videos... But levering and a metal spatula is very risky to use...

Last edited:

xdax1

Aug 27, 2009
Hong Kong
For anyone information, I had this before and now fixed

It's hardware problem, I dropped the phone and camera cannot focus, a temp fix is to hold you phone with your right hand, then gently slap the top portion of your screen to you left palm to try to unstuck it, it will work for a while until you shake your phone again

Real fix is buy a camera online and just replace yourself, only 4 screws and you can just put a new camera in, costed me like 8 US for the camera, I bought from China taobao

andrews317

Sep 26, 2011
Honduras
Hi everyone.

I had the same problem with my Mate 9 camera. I’ve had this phone for almost two years and I was more than happy with it, I do not need expensive phones for my daily basis. So after reading it was a hardware issue I decided to simply buy a replacement camera on eBay. I replaced it and the new camera worked fine… for 3 days! Then again the same blurry effect came back and I am now considering buying a new phone. Anyone has found a different solution?

Reactions: tkalfaoglu

tkalfaoglu

Dec 24, 2010
Izmir
www.kalfaoglu.net
On my Mate 9 the camera is out of focus, but monochrome is perfect.
I bought a replacement camera, installed it, it worked for 2 weeks and now it's blurred again!
During this time the phone was NOT dropped at all.
ARGHH!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone's camera having trouble focusing more than a few inches from the camera? In monochrome mode, it focuses fine, but in regular camera or video mode, mine can't focus properly. I tried resetting the camera app, but that didn't help.
    Thanks, dfruzzetti. I tried your suggestion and I got a slightly better, but far from perfect, focus temporarily. I also noticed that the back of my phone got quite hot (below the camera module), so I shut it down. As Swan Princess suggested, camera replacement seems to be fairly inexpensive and easy. I'm going to China in a few weeks, so I'm hoping to get it fixed there.
    Yeah, having the same issues on our Mate 9 (Chinese Version) since the latest patch for EMUI 5.0... We tried a factory reset but nothing worked so far. Hoping for a fix soon...
    Current software version is MHA-AL00C00B175
    Yeah, having the same issues on our Mate 9 (Chinese Version) since the latest patch for EMUI 5.0... We tried a factory reset but nothing worked so far. Hoping for a fix soon...
    Current software version is MHA-AL00C00B175

I sent mine in to Huawei for repair last week. Waiting to hear back if it will be a repair or replacement. While I was waiting for the shipping label, there was a day where it started working, but then it stopped again.
    Hi everyone.

I had the same problem with my Mate 9 camera. I’ve had this phone for almost two years and I was more than happy with it, I do not need expensive phones for my daily basis. So after reading it was a hardware issue I decided to simply buy a replacement camera on eBay. I replaced it and the new camera worked fine… for 3 days! Then again the same blurry effect came back and I am now considering buying a new phone. Anyone has found a different solution?