• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

| Camera mod | media_profile.xml | GB | works |

indigobv

Sep 14, 2011
Brasov
This is my version of camhack. I've been using it for a while without any problem.

Changes:
- Removed one profile since we don't have front camera
- Adjusted video recording bitrate and framerate (very small video quality improvement)
- Changed audio codec to aac (high quality audio)
- Adjusted jpeg encoding quality (small photo improvement)
- Adjusted photo space limit (allows higher quality pictures to be stored, but requires more space on SD)

I've only used it with CyanogenMod 7.2 so it should work with any GB ROM, but you could try for ICS or JB too, since the original file looks the same.
Also the recording has been tested with CPU @ 729 MHz. If lower you may have a problem with lag while recording, but I'm not sure. If there is tell me and I will try to lower a few things.

As far as I know, exposure and brightness can be hacked only from kernel. I haven't found anything related to them on media_profiles.xml.

And if someone from Team M.A.C wants to use this in their roms, it's your choise. Or if there is a problem with my post, please PM me and I will remove anything you want.

Attachments

landeiro

Mar 10, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
This is my version of camhack. I've been using it for a while without any problem.

Changes:
- Removed one profile since we don't have front camera
- Adjusted video recording bitrate and framerate (very small video quality improvement)
- Changed audio codec to aac (high quality audio)
- Adjusted jpeg encoding quality (small photo improvement)
- Adjusted photo space limit (allows higher quality pictures to be stored, but requires more space on SD)

I've only used it with CyanogenMod 7.2 so it should work with any GB ROM, but you could try for ICS or JB too, since the original file looks the same.
Also the recording has been tested with CPU @ 729 MHz. If lower you may have a problem with lag while recording, but I'm not sure. If there is tell me and I will try to lower a few things.

As far as I know, exposure and brightness can be hacked only from kernel. I haven't found anything related to them on media_profiles.xml.

And if someone from Team M.A.C wants to use this in their roms, it's your choise. Or if there is a problem with my post, please PM me and I will remove anything you want.
Camera dont work in ICS. Artefact in screen.

indigobv

Sep 14, 2011
Brasov
I looked over ICS and found an incompatibility with m4v codec (force close when recording starts) so I decided to leave it as it is.

Gingerbread_v2 (small changes for more compatibility)
- adjusted video and audio bitrate
(I found that on GB there is a limit for aac codec at 64000 bitrate, so more it would be useless)
- adjusted framerate limit

ICS
- added missing "camera preview framerate" variable
- adjusted video bitrate and framerate
- changed codec to aac (there is no limit for bitrate as in GB)
- adjusted low profile resolution (still I haven't found how to change video quality to low profile, so I wasn't able to test it)
- adjusted photo quality and space limit

For JB, I'll try as soon as I have more free time. Still there is a slight possibility that ICS version will work on JB as well.

Attachments

Christian Nothing

Jan 10, 2012
soundcloud.com
I looked over ICS and found an incompatibility with m4v codec (force close when recording starts) so I decided to leave it as it is.

(I found that on GB there is a limit for aac codec at 64000 bitrate, so more it would be useless)

ICS
- adjusted low profile resolution (still I haven't found how to change video quality to low profile, so I wasn't able to test it)

For JB, I'll try as soon as I have more free time. Still there is a slight possibility that ICS version will work on JB as well.
I had tested your gingerbread_v2 cam hack and is working great thanks. My camera is now taking good pictures and record good videos :D
PS: I forgot to mention I‘m on gingersnap v2.2

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: indigobv

landeiro

Mar 10, 2010
Rio de Janeiro

ICS

Dude thx for it but now dont boot your hack cam (ics) in ICS AOKP 4.0.4(bricked in android picture). There are some conflict config in the camera(video)

Last edited:

indigobv

Sep 14, 2011
Brasov
I had tested your gingerbread_v2 cam hack and is working great thanks. My camera is now taking good pictures and record good videos :D

Thanks for feedback!

Dude thx for it but now dont boot your hack cam (ics) in ICS AOKP 4.0.4(bricked in android picture). There are some conflict config in the camera(video)
Are you sure it's not working? I just finished testing it on ICS AOKP and haven't got any issues.
I flashed ICS AOKP then I flashed camhack_ics, I started camera then switched to video and I started recording and no problems so far.
What am I missing? Are you sure you haven't modified your system in any way?
I installed AOKP from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25462501#post25462501
Now I'm going to try with this one too (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1613712), but I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the ics version of camhack.

Edit:
I tested camhack_ics on AOKP DYNAMITE ICS and AOKP (4.0.4) Milestone #6 and haven't found any issues with it. So the conflict you were talking about is probably from something you did. If not, then tell me the steps to follow in order to encounter the same bug.

Last edited:

landeiro

Mar 10, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Thanks for feedback!

Are you sure it's not working? I just finished testing it on ICS AOKP and haven't got any issues.
I flashed ICS AOKP then I flashed camhack_ics, I started camera then switched to video and I started recording and no problems so far.
What am I missing? Are you sure you haven't modified your system in any way?
I installed AOKP from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25462501#post25462501
Now I'm going to try with this one too (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1613712), but I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the ics version of camhack.

Edit:
I tested camhack_ics on AOKP DYNAMITE ICS and AOKP (4.0.4) Milestone #6 and haven't found any issues with it. So the conflict you were talking about is probably from something you did. If not, then tell me the steps to follow in order to encounter the same bug.
yep, i change rom then this ok now! works! thx a lot

Reactions: indigobv

neko95

Jan 1, 2012
www.facebook.com

ICS

> I tried your mod for GB, it seems picture size is increased, your right about exposures, but I'm trying something now about exposures, if does make improvements, I'll share it

Reactions: ManBearrrPig

indigobv

Sep 14, 2011
Brasov
> I tried your mod for GB, it seems picture size is increased, your right about exposures, but I'm trying something now about exposures, if does make improvements, I'll share it
The only exposure parameters I found are here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...ad/libcamera/QualcommCameraHardware.h#L71#L83. But if you can do something to change them from media_profiles.xml that would be perfect.
Hopefully some day I'll learn to build and make my changes from the source.

neko95

Jan 1, 2012
www.facebook.com

stjames

May 22, 2008

Christian,

please tell me how install that?

I've also gingersnap v2.2

thanks in advance

fundoozzz

Sep 21, 2011
New Delhi
I carried out a test with condition and lighting remaining same and here are the result abt image size:-

Without hack : - 1.02mb
With hack : - 1.05 mb
With hack and vignette camera app:- 1.55 mb