• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Camera performance on custom ROM with GCam

Search This thread

Naiemahmed

Mar 29, 2020
Anyone using GCam in any of the custom ROMs currently available? How good are the results? Are they providing better outputs than in the MIUI?? If so, please mention the ROM & GCam version.

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
Anyone using GCam in any of the custom ROMs currently available? How good are the results? Are they providing better outputs than in the MIUI?? If so, please mention the ROM & GCam version.
That's so strange asking for this, because it is so simple to test it at your ease.
This is a simple APk to be installed and removed simply if you don't like. it is NOT any deep system modification that can raise questions...
Gcam is a must on my phone.Installed the first day for testing.

Naiemahmed

Mar 29, 2020
That's so strange asking for this, because it is so simple to test it at your ease.
This is a simple APk to be installed and removed simply if you don't like. it is NOT any deep system modification that can raise questions...
Gcam is a must on my phone.Installed the first day for testing.
That's not the case! I don’t own the device yet. But if I get positive feedback about this aspect that might change pretty soon. Normally you get better result with GCam on top of custom ROMs. But that may vary. That's why I wanted to be sure before buying & not regret afterwards.

MugetsuX93

Jul 15, 2017
That's not the case! I don’t own the device yet. But if I get positive feedback about this aspect that might change pretty soon. Normally you get better result with GCam on top of custom ROMs. But that may vary. That's why I wanted to be sure before buying & not regret afterwards.
I am using custom ROM Arrow OS and installed GCAM in it. Works wonderfully without issues.

Reactions: Naiemahmed

bukojoe

Dec 18, 2015
Two issues I found were:
1. The slow motion isnt working with the latest MGC GCam
2. Images on the front cam are only 4-5 megapixels (20mp on stock)

Everything else is great though. The main cam has more detail in GCam than stock

Reactions: MugetsuX93

Naiemahmed

Mar 29, 2020
Two issues I found were:
1. The slow motion isnt working with the latest MGC GCam
2. Images on the front cam are only 4-5 megapixels (20mp on stock)

Everything else is great though. The main cam has more detail in GCam than stock
The stock cam has a tendency to darken the shadows & to some extent leaves too. Does it happen on GCam too??

Top Liked Posts