• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Camera problem/ twitching

Search This thread

prieditis

Dec 6, 2007
Riga
www.citsveikals.lv
Hello. My wife has One plus 9 Pro for a few weeks. Recently something went wrong with a camera as picture started twitching. You cant even take photo ir video, picture from camera twitches (like pulsing to right and back). After restart if phone camera works when you open camera app for a first rime, after that again the same problem. Phone hasnt beent droped nor any other damage. Almost brand new. Any ideas what went wrong with it? Thank you un advance

Hello. My wife has One plus 9 Pro for a few weeks. Recently something went wrong with a camera as picture started twitching. You cant even take photo ir video, picture from camera twitches (like pulsing to right and back). After restart if phone camera works when you open camera app for a first rime, after that again the same problem. Phone hasnt beent droped nor any other damage. Almost brand new. Any ideas what went wrong with it? Thank you un advance
Definitely sounds like an issue with the autofocus. To confirm, is this on stock firmware with the OnePlus camera app or gcam mod?
As the OnePlus 9 phones use a laser autofocus, I'd check that nothing is obstructing the focus lens first (to the right of the top camera sensor). If you have a camera glass protector, there ones I've used put a hole there to avoid distortion but with the downside dust builds up and I need a qtip to clean it.
If this is right, the reason it works at first is it goes to its default focus level on boot and tapping to focus then directs the laser

Last edited:
Assuming the laser isn't at fault, I'd say there's likely defective hardware, multiple parts it could be though. You could try the gcam mod app and see if that helps, if it were better there, then we would know its software and not hardware, but that's unlikely given the problem.