Question Camera Problem with/without HDR

Search This thread

Alioliole

May 20, 2022
I have a big problem with the Camera in the new Oneplus 10 pro.
Big problems taking photos with both cameras, rear & front. The Display shows a very high brightness, I can´t see the Background, worst even when I am outside or behind me is more light.

If HDR is active, the result of the photo is OK (not every time!), but if HDR is not active, the photo shows the same like on the Display --> wrong brightness and no background.
With my Oneplus 6 i always take the photos without HDR, and on the Display and the result photo were always perfect.

Here an example. with the front camera, I made a screenshot of the screen, and the result photo is correct.

Selfie with a Window behind me. What I see on the Display: I dont see anything behind me

625fc7d040609.jpg

and the result photo if HDR is active:
625fc7e92c09e.jpg

one more.
Selfie with a Window behind me:

625fc808a4ed1.jpg

result photo if HDR is active:
625fc81f9de4a.jpg

But sometimes the photo is not correct and the same brightness like in Display
:(

Here, the Photo taken from my One plus 10 pro and the same photo with my old One plus 6:

Oneplus 10:
625fc9fc22a91.jpg

Oneplus 6 (without HDR)
625fca1e9b709.jpg

Attachments

• 1653034938096.png
    1653034938096.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 26

adnan.makarevic

Nov 9, 2009
OnePlus 10 Pro
Some examples, just shoot it:

HDR-OFF.jpg
HDR-ON.jpg

HDR-OFF-2.jpg
HDR-ON-2.jpg

Camera Preview

HDR-OFF.jpg
HDR-ON.jpg

HDR-OFF-2.jpg
HDR-ON-2.jpg

I've got better results in HDR as without it.. About the view in the camera app, the first shoot taken inside, the same behaviour as yours, outside, I can't see any difference between HDR ON/OFF.

I think it's just an software / algorithm issue, which should be fixed with an update.

Alioliole

May 20, 2022

View attachment 5618749 View attachment 5618751

View attachment 5618755 View attachment 5618757

Camera Preview

View attachment 5618759 View attachment 5618761

View attachment 5618763 View attachment 5618765

I've got better results in HDR as without it.. About the view in the camera app, the first shoot taken inside, the same behaviour as yours, outside, I can't see any difference between HDR ON/OFF.

I think it's just an software / algorithm issue, which should be fixed with an update.
Thanks Adnan !!!

I am happy to hear that I am not the only one with this issue......
I don´t understand why it happens. With older Oneplus (6, 7) and iphones this doesn´t happend. And the preview on the Display is almost correct like the final photo.

I hope this will be fixed soon......

Sometimes it is horrible when taking a selfie outside, you never know how good/bad the photo (and background) is

Alioliole

May 20, 2022
something I don´t like......
I saw dozens of reviews of the oneplus 10 pro on YouTube.....

I have NEVER seen/viewed someone talking about this Problem.

:(

Alioliole

May 20, 2022
interesting....

i would like to know.... has someone NOT having this problem? can you please check your front camera?
with other phones the behaviour is correct and you see a right preview on the display!

interesting....

i would like to know.... has someone NOT having this problem? can you please check your front camera?
with other phones the behaviour is correct and you see a right preview on the display!
Use pro mode till they fix their algorithms. Probably 5 updates from now like they did with 9pro

Alioliole

May 20, 2022
the main problem is with the front camera.....
pro mode is not available with the front camera

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
On 10 Pro camera is not good now. My favorite mod from 9 pro - xPan not working. On display i have a almost white image. Does not have 30 - 45 setting.

Reactions: Alioliole

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On 10 Pro camera is not good now. My favorite mod from 9 pro - xPan not working. On display i have a almost white image. Does not have 30 - 45 setting.

HDR-OFF.jpg
    HDR-ON.jpg

HDR-OFF-2.jpg
    HDR-ON-2.jpg

Camera Preview

HDR-OFF.jpg
    HDR-ON.jpg

HDR-OFF-2.jpg
    HDR-ON-2.jpg

interesting....

Use pro mode till they fix their algorithms. Probably 5 updates from now like they did with 9pro
    You can set exposure to be lower in pro mode etc. Okay with the settings.....
    Use the phone about 1 week plus..i just realised i got this problem too.