Question Camera producing blue images (TV)

Search This thread

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Everytime iv took a picture of any TV screen, it's either purple or blue, you can see some slight red colours but what's up with this?

Anyone know or anyone have similar issues?

No filters lol
PXL_20211202_182527038.jpg

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas

Attachments

• PXL_20211202_183947705.jpg
    PXL_20211202_183947705.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20211202_184024284.jpg
    PXL_20211202_184024284.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: kevinireland11

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
That's really weird it seems to be only my TV in the living room, strange, must be whatever panel the TV is using

Edit: tried uploading a pic of my son's TV but it tells me my file size is to big :/

But this TV is fine
Have you tried rotating the phone (like, portrait, landscape, reverse landscape, etc.)?

The TV might be using a polarising layer that simply conflicts with the camera for some reason. My P6 Pro for example works fine for every screen I've tried shooting so far, EXCEPT the main info display in my building's lobby, which has different colours disappear at different angles. E.g. in portrait it doesn't have any green, in landscape (turning counter clockwise, power and volume buttons on top) it doesn't have any red, etc.

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Have you tried rotating the phone (like, portrait, landscape, reverse landscape, etc.)?

The TV might be using a polarising layer that simply conflicts with the camera for some reason. My P6 Pro for example works fine for every screen I've tried shooting so far, EXCEPT the main info display in my building's lobby, which has different colours disappear at different angles. E.g. in portrait it doesn't have any green, in landscape (turning counter clockwise, power and volume buttons on top) it doesn't have any red, etc.
I tried that there, I did see some colours come through the lens but then back to blue, it's weird because when I don't focus on the TV then point the camera back fast I see full colours but then the colours turn blue, I done this via landscape to, stays colourful for about about 3 seconds then goes all blue, strange, maybe it's a cheap panel with poor LEDs or more blue led pixels than red or green?

Edit: my son's tv is perfect, it's defo a cheaper panel then

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

KOLIOSIS

I got the same thing when snapping a Pic on my desktop PC. I thought nothing of it at the time, as it wasn't for my personal use.

I'll try it again when the opportunity arises, see if I can repeat the effect.

@kevinireland11

Update on the blue screen effect.
My memory was a little fuzzy on that....
Turns out, I saw that when snapping a Pic of my other phone's IMEI/Serial number hidden menu.

Just tried it out w/both my Google Pixel 6 PRO & Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, was able to replicate w/both, but only in that scenario with both in dark there.

Placed both phones in non-dark theme & I could not replicate while snapping pix of the same IMEI/Serial number hidden menus.

Snapping pix of my TV/PC also produced normal pix.

Last edited:
Reactions: kevinireland11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's really weird it seems to be only my TV in the living room, strange, must be whatever panel the TV is using

Edit: tried uploading a pic of my son's TV but it tells me my file size is to big :/

But this TV is fine

Everytime iv took a picture of any TV screen, it's either purple or blue, you can see some slight red colours but what's up with this?

Anyone know or anyone have similar issues?

No filters lol
    View attachment 5473311
    Haven't noticed it on outdoor images but these of my TV the blacks are more bluish.
    Haven't noticed it on outdoor images but these of my TV the blacks are more bluish.
    Going to clear cache and data and try a reinstall see if that helps
    No issue with mine

I tried that there, I did see some colours come through the lens but then back to blue, it's weird because when I don't focus on the TV then point the camera back fast I see full colours but then the colours turn blue, I done this via landscape to, stays colourful for about about 3 seconds then goes all blue, strange, maybe it's a cheap panel with poor LEDs or more blue led pixels than red or green?

Edit: my son's tv is perfect, it's defo a cheaper panel then