Question Camera protection

Search This thread

Mimo2000

Jan 11, 2021
Hi all just a basic question is it worth to put a protector on the camera or not? If so what ones would you recommend?
Thanks

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Hi all just a basic question is it worth to put a protector on the camera or not? If so what ones would you recommend?
Thanks
I've been thinking about this myself. I've just put on a case because I know when putting the phone down, the first thing that touches the surface will be the camera module. Also since the module is just metal this time, I figure the paint will be the first thing to scuff off.
A glass protector might be a bit thick.

Reactions: Mimo2000

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Don't use the full glass that covers the camera lens - the gap will cause condensation since it's not on the surface of the lens.
Skins or the aluminium ones with the cutouts should work fine.

Simply use a good case with raised guards around the cam module. It's protective lense cover is replaceable anyway. Don't use it as a finger hold...

That's all I have on the 10+ and I live in the dusty desert. Zero scratches so far.
Carefully clean with a dry microfiber cloth as needed.

Mimo2000

Jan 11, 2021

I got this and actually quite like it

I was thinking of getting that case but would worried me was that all it would take is a little stone get caught under that camera slider other than that looks nice.

Reactions: blackhawk

Mimo2000

Jan 11, 2021
Hey thanks for all your replies seeing as my case is slightly raised above the camera think I will leave the camera protector off for now..

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hey thanks for all your replies seeing as my case is slightly raised above the camera think I will leave the camera protector off for now..

My Bolt case has a raised 5-6 mm guard on the cam/sensor modules.
Case selection is limited for this new phone.
Check out the Zizo Bolt when it becomes available. It's my favorite case; it can take a hit, is easy to hold and use. Also has slightly raised guards for the display, good corner hit protection but still fairly compact.

Sonin66

Dec 15, 2012
Cleveland, OH
I bought whitestone glass screen protector for the camera when I first removed the plastic. It has held up for the few days I've had the phone. It does cover the lens with glass so it should protect them. Had plastic film on my S10+ but came off when I wasn't looking and didn't seem like I needed the protection though as the camera is not scratched or cracked..

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I bought whitestone glass screen protector for the camera when I first removed the plastic. It has held up for the few days I've had the phone. It does cover the lens with glass so it should protect them. Had plastic film on my S10+ but came off when I wasn't looking and didn't seem like I needed the protection though as the camera is not scratched or cracked..

The hood on high dollar lens isn't there just to reduce flaring, it helps protect the lense from direct contact. Even in falls it does this quit well.
Likewise your case should have good raised protection to help avoid contact with anything.

Poor cleaning techniques are the next biggest hazard. Keep your fingers off it and use only a microfiber cloth to clean it. Dirt, sand, grit doesn't scratch it unless you rub it. Wait to clean it if you can't do it right at that moment. Use a blower bulb the remove loose sand etc before you use the microfiber cloth.

pippobauro

Feb 11, 2018

I got this and actually quite like it
this kind of case also solve the problem of a "dancing phone" when you use it on a table

Mimo2000

Jan 11, 2021
Ok just an update I thought i would try camera protection so i brought a couple they were glass type ones day time pics were not bad but night pictures i kept getting lens flare. So i took off the protector and lens flare was gone. So i thought I would let you know of my result using glass type.

Reactions: peterg21

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
I just have to say that the tempered glass ones suck. Because of the metal frame, they use some kind of strong adhesive to get the tempered glass to adhere. It's impossible to remove without the glass shattering. I managed to remove the tempered glass camera protector but it managed to scuff/scratch the matte black metal around the cameras... sucks.

Reactions: peterg21

Mimo2000

Jan 11, 2021
I just have to say that the tempered glass ones suck. Because of the metal frame, they use some kind of strong adhesive to get the tempered glass to adhere. It's impossible to remove without the glass shattering. I managed to remove the tempered glass camera protector but it managed to scuff/scratch the matte black metal around the cameras... sucks.

Wow that does suck mine was sticky but lucky enough managed to get it off without any problems.

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
I'm just worried that the sticky glass might damage the flat black paint on the camera hump when you try to remove it?

Top Liked Posts