Camera protector

Search This thread

dflash123

Jul 30, 2011
So I bought display glass protectors that included protectors for the camera aswell.
Before applying the screen protector I noticed the factory installed screen protector. It was just barely visible and I had to google if this was a protector and that I do not break anything by removing it :D
So back to the camera protector. I can't really tell if there is a camera protector installed already. I couldn't find anything regarding this.
Does anybody know? I don't wanna break anything by trying to remove something that isn't there.
Thanks in advance :)

Marcenarium

Nov 22, 2014
Asuncion
No, buddy, there's no camera protector. Apply it soon. I can't purchase it locally due to crappy market and already dinted. It's so tiny but i know its there. Drives me nuts.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
There is indeed a factory installed cam protector just like the Note 10+
Just use a case with a raised guard around it and it will do fine.
After over 1 year there's zero damage to my 10+'s.
You may need to remove the back panel if you need to replace it but so what?

The add on cam protector isn't needed but a good case is for these Notes. They are corner hit happy and one unprotected drop is all it takes.

lg3FTW

Oct 10, 2015
I too bought a 4 pack of screen protectors that came with 3 camera protectors as well figured why not right? WRONG once installed they make the flash useless as the flash hits the glass and glares out the photo horribly. No matter how perfect you get the cutout for the flash this issues still happens. I had mine on perfectly even used a lighted magnifying inspection glass to verify when I was installing it.

Reactions: DonDizzurp
guys, really put something protective on there! loads of people reported that their camera glass broke without any big impact, including me. Samsung only offers a lenghty repair service instead of admitting their mistake. it's annoying and makes my telezoom lense almost unausable in certain light situations.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
guys, really put something protective on there! loads of people reported that their camera glass broke without any big impact, including me. Samsung only offers a lenghty repair service instead of admitting their mistake. it's annoying and makes my telezoom lense almost unausable in certain light situations.

Get a good case with a raised cam assembly guard. Jeeeesze.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I had one on the day I got the phone. Didn't make a difference. Camera cracked in two places, people on Samsung Members are complaining about the same thing. Not one drop, not one time set on the table roughly. Broken just 3 days after it arrived.

That's not a good case! Finding a good one tough. You absolutely need a raised guard for the cam and screen.
I use the Zizo Bolt on my 10+, while I don't intentionally test it, it's survive around half a dozen drops onto concrete from 2-3 feet with zero damage.

archipelago

Aug 1, 2017
Nillkin makes a case for the S20FE which has a sliding panel to protect the lens.
Screenshot_20201230-094731_Lazada.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201230-094731_Lazada.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 4
Get a good case with a raised cam assembly guard.
+1, why you would want to use a £500 phone with no case?
Nillkin makes a case for the S20FE which has a sliding panel to protect the lens.
This looks quite cool, but looks bulky -
s-l1600.jpg

I've purchased this on Ali express on HM lucky store.it was not easy to find with the cut out model so you won't get any blurred pictures.
However I like the idea of adding this even with a case, Do you have a direct link to the product page..?

Last edited:

Don1003

Dec 6, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
+1, why you would want to use a £500 phone with no case?

This looks quite cool, but looks bulky -
View attachment 5192261

However I like the idea of adding this even with a case, Do you have a direct link to the product page..?

You still have to open and a drop while you take pictures with that case won't prevent you could drop it on a small rock with that big size glass. That's why I still prefer a protector strait on the camera. Tomorrow I have to pick up from post office and post picture afterwards with a case.

Don1003

Dec 6, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
Received today. It's a aluminum Matt Finnish protector. The black is a spigen case and it's still inside the cover.

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_170803.jpg
    IMG_20210121_170803.jpg
    9.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210121_170911.jpg
    IMG_20210121_170911.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210121_170938.jpg
    IMG_20210121_170938.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I too bought a 4 pack of screen protectors that came with 3 camera protectors as well figured why not right? WRONG once installed they make the flash useless as the flash hits the glass and glares out the photo horribly. No matter how perfect you get the cutout for the flash this issues still happens. I had mine on perfectly even used a lighted magnifying inspection glass to verify when I was installing it.
    Get a good case with a raised cam assembly guard. Jeeeesze.

I had one on the day I got the phone. Didn't make a difference. Camera cracked in two places, people on Samsung Members are complaining about the same thing. Not one drop, not one time set on the table roughly. Broken just 3 days after it arrived.