Camera Recording Vidoes Upside Down / Inverted.

arjunprabhu

Aug 9, 2008
When shooting using rear facing camera with the camera button on the right side, the video gets recorded upside down. (it displays/orients correctly on screen while recording)
When the video is played back on the phone, it orients correctly.
However, when you copy it to a computer OR play it via DLNA client (eg: TV), it appears upside-down/inverted.

The photo appear to be oriented just fine on both the phone and when viewed on a computer.

Also, while using barcode scanner app, the camera image appears inverted.
Bank of America - Check Deposit feature shows image correctly oriently.

Is this a software BUG that would be fixed? Or is my hardware faulty ?

It looks as if the sensors are stuck or broken........at times! -- I am hoping thats not the case.

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
Any inputs on how to fix this?
It's something each app dev will have to fix in their respective app, as Google has indicated it's not a problem with their APIs, but how the devs aren't checking for proper sensor orientation. LG in their infinite wisdom (or likely due to limited space in the case), decided to mount the sensor in a reverse-landscape orientation, which is contrary to every other device on the market.

Reactions: jjlangen

arjunprabhu

Aug 9, 2008
Thanks for that input.

Looks like a total cluster fk. Hope the native camera app is fixed by Google soon. Right now the videos recorded are rotated 180° (upside down)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Free mobile app