• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Camera Red/Blue/Pink tint dimmed for some users !!!

Search This thread

criszz

Aug 22, 2008
BrasoV
I took this apk from chineese forum's and for me this fixed red tint in low light for camera. Also seems faster and have option about video/audio bitrate included and menu transparency. I use in 802w Sense Rom but should work in international One too. Just give it a try. Make a back-up. Copy ( overwrite ) in system/app and set permision. Enjoy!

Edit: After more testing i noticed tint is gone only in lower ISO. On 800 and auto still exist. Anyway this is a good camera app with nice addition.

Edit2: zip flash here >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45724595&postcount=24 thx starbase64

Attachments

• Camera.apk
    4 MB · Views: 7,853
Last edited:

sadowsky

Jul 9, 2009
Yeah, This purple and red tint camera isues is very2 anoying... Hey guys i've try my father device its htc butterfly s and the camera works great.. i mean no red or purple tint... if this isues from software not hardware, is there any chance to use those camera mod on HTC One??
Thank you guys hope this information can make our HTC one camera better.

Reactions: criszz

vegetaleb

Feb 26, 2010
Beirut
This is the camera app from latest ViperX ,there are no difference in options nor with purple tint with ViperX's version.
Anyway it's not an apk that will fix the purple tint but an eprom for the camera's chip

criszz

Aug 22, 2008
BrasoV
This is the camera app from latest ViperX ,there are no difference in options nor with purple tint with ViperX's version.
Anyway it's not an apk that will fix the purple tint but an eprom for the camera's chip

just downloaded viper rom and compare size of apk and is not the same, told ya this ive got on some chinesee forum. even if iit was the same i still got that app from chinesse forum :))

PcFish

Jul 13, 2010
Interesting, when I use the camera app the screen still shows purple when on it's back. But when I take a shot it takes a long exposure shot and the picture turns out fine.
Good temporary fix, at least.

just downloaded viper rom and compare size of apk and is not the same, told ya this ive got on some chinesee forum. even if iit was the same i still got that app from chinesse forum :))

Only real way to tell is via version number in conjunction with the size. (May have been modified by someone like that other camera.apk floating around)

This one is 5.1.620655, I don't know what version the Viper rom has, but the 4.3 leak (pre-ATT leak) is 5.1.2318223253.652993

Thanks! Works great (except GIFs - FC on my One).

Works fine for me, albeit slow. I'm on 4.3 SentinelRom btw.

EDIT: So I tried taking a photo of my feet under my desk. There's still purple hue, and it's a bit dark. It's odd though since there's no noise when I take a photo with the phone on its back. I suspect it just locks iso values. Not a real fix.

Last edited:

PcFish

Jul 13, 2010
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts