• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Camera suitable for a professional ?

Search This thread

SurroundSound

Jan 16, 2017
I am looking at buying a phone with a good camera for work, I work in the property business and now and again I will need to take a few snaps of houses for sale for a website. The camera on the 11 LITE 5G seems to have a good camera.

Any opinions if the camera on this is good enough for professional use ? Maybe it's asking too much but the phone is within my price range and any digital camera for the same price is going to have a pretty crappy lense.

Thanks

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
camera good enough for professional use

Matching DSLR? No.

Find the relatively good camera within your price range is enough.

What's needed is the knowledge of photography. How to take a photo good, or at least fair enough to satisfy customer is what you need.

No matter how good the camera is, people can take bad photos.

You can search and compare specs of phones: https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3?

ZeroCGTI

Feb 22, 2012
I am looking at buying a phone with a good camera for work, I work in the property business and now and again I will need to take a few snaps of houses for sale for a website. The camera on the 11 LITE 5G seems to have a good camera.

Any opinions if the camera on this is good enough for professional use ? Maybe it's asking too much but the phone is within my price range and any digital camera for the same price is going to have a pretty crappy lense.

Thanks
Quite honestly I would not recommend any Xiaomi phone for its camera.
Especially the Mi 11 Lite 5G (I have it) is somewhat disappointing, it punches lower than expected considered the phone's price. I would not recommend any particular phone because I don't know what your preferences are in terms of other stuff (and price brackets) but don't waste your time on the Mi 11 Lite 5G if you really need a good camera. This thing does not even have OIS.

h8Aramex

Oct 24, 2012
Do NOT buy any phone without OIS (except Pixel series) if you ever want to shoot free-hand.
The upcoming Pixel Premium might be a good choice for you (it's not released yet.)
Samsung Ultra series (S21 Ultra, Note 20 Ultra) are also good.
Huawei has godlike cameras, but they cost an arm and a leg, and they don't have proper (sometimes any) Google Play support.

I mean, if you get a tripod, it helps a ton of course. But it can't fix a very bad phone camera. OnePlus cameras are bad. Even the 9 Pro camera is "bad". Bad compared to any other flagship brand. If you are on a budget, Pixel 4a series might be OK, but they don't produce high res pictures.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Matching DSLR? No.

Find the relatively good camera within your price range is enough.

What's needed is the knowledge of photography. How to take a photo good, or at least fair enough to satisfy customer is what you need.

No matter how good the camera is, people can take bad photos.

You can search and compare specs of phones: https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3?
Truth.
Or get a used DSLR body and some used L glass for it.
Example:

Top Liked Posts