• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Camera test! Xperia z1 vs htc one

Search This thread

Djuro89

Jun 26, 2013
Zlatibor
CAMERA TEST!!!

SONY XPERIA Z1 VS HTC ONE

sony_xperia_z1_vs_htc_one_18.jpg

XPERIA Z1 USE 3MP RESOLUTION

HTC ONE USE 4MP RESOLUTION

FULL RESOLUTION IMAGES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FROM HERE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-KHHWZwk32tZmE4UVhUN21jbEk/edit?usp=sharing

TEST 1

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

TEST 2

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

TEST 3

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

TEST 4

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

TEST 5

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

TEST 6

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

TEST 7

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

TEST 8

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

TEST 9

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

TEST 10

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

TEST 11

XPERIA Z1
image.jpg

HTC ONE
image.jpg

Last edited:

vv91xv

Dec 27, 2012
Xperia Z1 is clear winer!!!!
No yellow hue!!!
No blur!!!

Htc One have, black and white tint!! No natural colors

Picture was taken with Xperia Z1 is a lot sharper, and more natural!!!

Whoever loses has the right to be angry!

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Can you provide us the original pictures?cause it's all thumbnails.

ashouhdy

Aug 22, 2009
Alexandria
Typical Htc One algorism of Over exposure the Scene. Z1 can come closer to the subjects too. but the yellow tint in flash of the htc one is better than the colder z1 other than that i like the Sony

Also the htc one softining the lower right quarter is still there .. ---> check the Sofa and the carpet image.

where is the low light with flash off images of both ? and the extreme low light landscape with Night mode on/off on both ?

Last edited:

One Twelve

Oct 28, 2013
Htc One have, black and white tint!! No natural colors

Picture was taken with Xperia Z1 is a lot sharper, and more natural!!!
Where are the reference shots ? How to tell which one is more accurate.

more natural or pleasing is subjective.

How hard was it for you to take these shots with Z1. Was it SA or did you manually set ISO and then 3.5MP.

How long it took to set up Z1 to take shots.

qbic2

Dec 30, 2010
Kraków
I dont know what modes were used, but (not being biased) HTC looks beter (I have Z1). I guess in harsh conditions situation can be different, It seems that Z1 is preserving more detail in highlights.

Reactions: smajor

ashouhdy

Aug 22, 2009
Alexandria

How hard was it for you to take these shots with Z1. Was it SA or did you manually set ISO and then 3.5MP.

See the sofa pic of the htc and take a look at the lower right quarter ..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Djuro89

Jun 26, 2013
Zlatibor

Used manual mode. ISO on the Z1 was set at (ISO 100), and EXPOSITION depending on the image between (1, -0,5)

Shan89

Oct 23, 2012
Used manual mode. ISO on the Z1 was set at (ISO 100), and EXPOSITION depending on the image between (1, -0,5)

Upload the full sized photos so they can see which was more realistic. You can use tinypic.com for that.

( taske ubaci im cele slike da mogu da vide ko je bio priblizniji realnosti , možeš na tinypic.com da staviš pa ovde forum linkove. Ili na flickr ;):p)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

One Twelve

Oct 28, 2013
Upload the full sized photos so they can see which was more realistic. You can use tinypic.com for that.
Doesn't tinypic automatically reduce the size of the photos to 1600 pix.

The full size are available from the links posted already and i've viewed them. eg, take test1, url for Z1 photo is
http://s21.postimg.org/ln95pkq8n/image.jpg

to get orginal use

http://postimg.org/image/ln95pkq8n/full

and so on...hence postimg is better than tinypic for our purposes. maybe OP can edit his post to include these links so they are avialibel just by clicking on the photos.

Now, the difficult bit is to agree on the criteria to use to judge these photos.

If we take pixel peeping, the limits of h1 are quite apparent in 1:1 view. The Z1 at 1,536 × 2,048 JPEG (3.1 megapixels) is more clear than the h1 at 1,520 × 2,688 JPEG (4.1 megapixels). Using this criteria ALL the Z1 pics at lower than h1 resolution are better.

Now if you say that its not necessary to do cropping or zooming then this criteria cannot be used. Maybe its unfair too as the Z1 with higher resolution sensor is down sampling and has an unassailable advantage over the h1.

The other thing is the Z1 camera settings have been tweaked, a number of times EV comp is used. Also WB has been manually set in the outdoor shots. Whereas the h1 had WB in auto for all shots and no ev compensation was applied. I don't know how skilled the h1 person who took these photos was but the Z1 person is skilled and took above avg photos as a result. So the camera knowledge of either photographer or lack thereof plays a role in image quality.

Last edited:

pshdo

Jun 10, 2010
Holbæk
As I have also said over at ONE forum...(i have both phones)

The Z1 certainly have the hardware to be a great camera IF Sony ever put in the effort...
The auto feature that (let's be honest) most people will use, sucks big time, and that is a real shame...

The HTC ONE, on the other have a almost perfect auto feature, fast and sharp pictures (with crappy colours), but the hardware is only a 4mp sensor, and that is so last century...
AND nothing software wise can be done to improve on lack of modern hardware...

Who will make a compare to say a Xperia V instead, that would be a lot more interesting...

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dont know what modes were used, but (not being biased) HTC looks beter (I have Z1). I guess in harsh conditions situation can be different, It seems that Z1 is preserving more detail in highlights.