• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Camera Viewfinder Going Black In Dark Scene

Search This thread

rayulove69

Sep 26, 2011
Dhaka
Hello,

New user of this phone, the camera viewfinder goes black in dark scenes check the screenshot and the shot taken. Shots come out okay but cannot compose. Can anyone check?
Screenshot_2021-06-18-00-12-57-011_com.google.android.GoogleCameraEng.jpg
Screenshot_2021-06-18-00-15-18-609_com.miui.gallery.jpg

I have tried both google camera and stock miui one, does the same thing in both. I still have some days left to exchange it, is there a fix or should I go the exchange route?

Thanks in advance.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
couldn't this be just normal behaviour? it seem's like you're trying to make a picture in an almost completely dark room, just some low light LEDs.

live view doesn't get enough light to show you anything brighter. the final shot is taken with night mode and i bet it makes a long exposure time over 1 second+ and high ISO.

live view = multiple frames per second, it can't get as many light as the final shot with 1sec exposure.

though, I'm just guessing.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
one more hint:

at the bottom of the live view screen, select "more" and then "night". it will show you live view with high ISO
in your case it's probably the same as "night sight" at the bottom left, just select it.

rayulove69

Sep 26, 2011
Dhaka
one more hint:

at the bottom of the live view screen, select "more" and then "night". it will show you live view with high ISO
in your case it's probably the same as "night sight" at the bottom left, just select it.
My note 3 pro showed proper exposure at this light but this can't, so I'm thinking there might be something wrong with the sensor.
couldn't this be just normal behaviour? it seem's like you're trying to make a picture in an almost completely dark room, just some low light LEDs.

live view doesn't get enough light to show you anything brighter. the final shot is taken with night mode and i bet it makes a long exposure time over 1 second+ and high ISO.

live view = multiple frames per second, it can't get as many light as the final shot with 1sec exposure.

though, I'm just guessing.
Which rom are you using
Stock miui

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
@rayulove69 in the too dark picture you posted above you have NOT activated "night sight" or "night", just do that and see if it works.
you have actively selected "camera" and this is not supposed to give you the same brightness as "night sight" or "night" mode in live view.

rayulove69

Sep 26, 2011
Dhaka
@rayulove69 in the too dark picture you posted above you have NOT activated "night sight" or "night", just do that and see if it works.
you have actively selected "camera" and this is not supposed to give you the same brightness as "night sight" or "night" mode in live view.
doing so does the same thing and the darking is arbitrary ar also blurs the **** out of those dark parts