camera2 api highframerate recording

Do you know that z2 plus can do 1080p 90fps.

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

nikhilZ2

Jan 23, 2018
Thrissur
Motorola One Fusion+
Many roms without camera2.api support 1080p 60fps recording via snapdragon and other camera apps ( Citrus, Aex etc).
But in my experience z2 plus cant record 60fps if camera2.api is enabled.
ie in gcam 1080p 60fps is not possible.
In nougat roms flashing osstwrp enables camera2.api but after that high frame rate recording is not possible.
In oreo roms which camera2.api already added 60fps is not possible in any camera app.
I'm not a dev.
Tried to edit media profiles, build.prop, magisk modules but no luck.
I'm searching desperately for a solution in xda more than 6 months.
Because nothing matches gcam in photo quality and 60fps is a must have video feature.

Please any dev kind enough do a research and edit library files so that using camera2.api we could record 1080p 60fps.

nikhilZ2

Jan 23, 2018
Thrissur
Motorola One Fusion+

nikhilZ2

Jan 23, 2018
Thrissur
Motorola One Fusion+
Workaround

Please devs @MR.HACKER5476 @davidevinavil @kubersharma @Rodrigo Rodrigues @devabhi @narshi shukla @optimumpro can anyone point look into this matter? This is a really need for Zuk Z2 and I hope you devs can fix this small but weird issue!

Since nobody responds this is what Im currently doing as a workaround.

Im in H2O oreo build.
There is afterflash patch for this build.
In that patch there are 2 camera.msm8996.so files.
One for stock and one for gcam.
If you replace stock vendor/lib/hw/camera.msmxxxx.so with gcam .so file then camera2.api works and vice versa.
And reboot not required.
A root explorer is only needed.

Atleast, by a file replace we can switch.

nikhilZ2

Jan 23, 2018
Thrissur
Motorola One Fusion+
Surprised

Dude! The stock Camera easily does that!!!

He is the legendary jaguar's optimumpro right..?
Why he talk like this..?
Surprised.

Anyone still doesn't know 1080p 60fps possible in zuk?.
60fps with gcam working is so ignored in this forum. I individually asked many devs for this in their rom threads but no one responds.
I know its is not easy but at least a reply from a dev is enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: GopalKaul

GopalKaul

Aug 29, 2015
Hyderabad
Why he talk like this..?
Surprised.

60fps with gcam working is so ignored in this forum. I individually asked many devs for this in their rom threads but no one responds.

Even I have PMed devs like kubersharma but I didn't get much of a response. Kuber is busy with ArrowOS offlately as he is in the development team.. let's see if some dev comes to help . @optimumpro can you figure this? Cause it works on stock ROM and some custom roms with old camera api1..

Reactions: nikhilZ2

nikhilZ2

Jan 23, 2018
Thrissur
Motorola One Fusion+
I have 720p at 120fps and 1080p at 90fps recorded from zuk z2 plus. I can share it here.

I think its not needed. As we already know.
Don't know why optimumpro doubted us.

Another useful post I found.
Its from Mi5 thread. But I think its also applicable to us.
I think this is the reason for 60fps not happening.
Camera2.api is incomplete and camera1.api works only in legacy mode.
The Camera Hal has 2 APIs one Named Qcamera2 and the other Qcamera3
Qcamera2 has the id 256 Qcamera 3 has id 786 or 756 can't remember the exact number now.

By Default all Qualcomm devices after SD600 use Qcamera2 this is what the miui camera uses basically Camera 1 api

Qcamera 3 is what activates camera 2 api it is Camera 2.

When Android Loads up and the camera hal loads it checks for the build.prop flag posted in this thread if it finds it and has value of 1 it sends a command with hal Id 786 effectively disabling qcamera 2.

When Qcamera 3 loads camera 2 is enabled so is camera 1 however camera 1 in qcamera 3 runs in a sort of emulated mode where it only has basic function like color effect exposure compensation white balance etc .

That's why functions such as HDR fail because they are part of qcamera 2.

Now there is a solution for this before I get to that I will explain how the camera is opened

App > Framework Java > Camera Client Lib > Hal Lib.

App executes Camera.open > inside Framework Java Android.Hardware.Camera Class is a method called open this invokes a native method which invokes camera client > Camera Client then also invokes the open method > then the hal starts up the camera . that's the normal way for camera 1.

Inside qcamera2 there is an alternate method called openLegacy what this allow is for qcamera2 to be called directly even with camera 3 active so when using the normal way of camera.open it uses qcamera3 when using camera.openLegacy it defaults back to qcamera2 for that session.

My proposal was yo redirect all camera.open request in the framework to camera.openLegacy so its system wide alternatively is to patch miui Camera .

I hope that makes sense

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Workaround

Please devs @MR.HACKER5476 @davidevinavil @kubersharma @Rodrigo Rodrigues @devabhi @narshi shukla @optimumpro can anyone point look into this matter? This is a really need for Zuk Z2 and I hope you devs can fix this small but weird issue!

Since nobody responds this is what Im currently doing as a workaround.

Im in H2O oreo build.
    There is afterflash patch for this build.
    In that patch there are 2 camera.msm8996.so files.
    One for stock and one for gcam.
    If you replace stock vendor/lib/hw/camera.msmxxxx.so with gcam .so file then camera2.api works and vice versa.
    And reboot not required.
    A root explorer is only needed.

Atleast, by a file replace we can switch.
    Kid yourself not. Zuk's camera hardware is not capable of 60fps in high resolution. Just look up the specs.

You think 1080 60fps not possible in zuk..?
    Reallly...........????????????

Seriously you never seen a 60fps 1080p footage out of z2 plus...?
    Surprised

Dude! The stock Camera easily does that!!!

Why he talk like this..?
    Surprised.

Why he talk like this..?
    Surprised.

Even I have PMed devs like kubersharma but I didn't get much of a response. Kuber is busy with ArrowOS offlately as he is in the development team.. let's see if some dev comes to help . @optimumpro can you figure this? Cause it works on stock ROM and some custom roms with old camera api1..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone