• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Cameraservice_worker partial wakelock

Search This thread

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
How much walking to make it trigger? Just done a couple min of moving around and it's on 1 wakelock

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210825-203930_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20210825-203930_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 60

Razvanc95

Jul 31, 2021
But don't they exist on the Note 20 ultra? But doesn't affect battery as much. Is there any chnages in the code compared to previous AUGM update?
On my note 20 ultra, with the august update the wakelock is still there, though I did not have the occasion to really see what impact it has on battery as I am at home all day long these months. If this helps.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
okay seems like my next device wont be a samsung :/ came back from oneplus 7t McLaren to s21 Ultra cause of bad software support and now samsung is doing the same -.- had s1, s1+, s2,s3,s4,s5,s7, note 4, s8+,s9+ and samsung learned nohting -.- the support on s20 was good... but i only read about that

tamthor

Jun 18, 2021
With the new Update AUHB from yesterday for Exynos, I got no wakelocks fom Cameraservice_worker partial wakelock anymore.
Yesterday on a ride with my bike for 5 hours, I had nearly 1 hour wakelocks, and today with an over 1 hour walk no wakelocks anymore.
I hope, that it will not return again. Is there anybody else, who can confirm that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826-171114_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-171114_Settings.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20210826-170020_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-170020_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 62

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
With the new Update AUHB from yesterday for Exynos, I got no wakelocks fom Cameraservice_worker partial wakelock anymore.
Yesterday on a ride with my bike for 5 hours, I had nearly 1 hour wakelocks, and today with an over 1 hour walk no wakelocks anymore.
I hope, that it will not return again. Is there anybody else, who can confirm that?
Wow hope this is true😍 looking forward to the new update 👌🏾

tamthor

Jun 18, 2021
Wow hope this is true😍 looking forward to the new update 👌🏾
I just tested it like dr.keaton said :
Keep screen off and shake device for 5-10 seconds and then after few seconds check again
The wakelock appears again, but when I am walking with the phone in the pocket of my trousers ,I get no wakelocks.
I don't know, what this means, maybe Samsung has changed the sensitivity , that only strong shaking is activating the wakelock? Is that possible?
Would be nice to hear some more from other users.

Reactions: adamlee2012

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
I just tested it like dr.keaton said :
Keep screen off and shake device for 5-10 seconds and then after few seconds check again
The wakelock appears again, but when I am walking with the phone in the pocket of my trousers ,I get no wakelocks.
I don't know, what this means, maybe Samsung has changed the sensitivity , that only strong shaking is activating the wakelock? Is that possible?
Would be nice to hear some more from other users.
Could be possible yes...

GCrane1982

Nov 29, 2016
I updated this morning and since then the CameraService_Worker has been sitting around 8th in the list of Wakelocks. Previously it was always top of the list with about 5 x as many wake locks.

So looks promising so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On beta 1 gsam wouldn't read the battery stats so couldn't check the wakelock but knew it was there because standby while moving was really bad. I'm now on October patch and camera service is usually 3rd on the list of wakelock.
    On beta it is very similar like old vesion, plaenty of wakelocks
    On Aug-Oct Patch Android 11, it is better and less wakelocks
    Hey guys, it seems that Samsung changed something with the cameraservice_worker-partial-wakelock. In October patch (did a clean install cause i was on beta 1) and standby is even better now. Dont know if it is Placebo cause the beta wasnt as good. Can anyone confirm?
    On beta 1 gsam wouldn't read the battery stats so couldn't check the wakelock but knew it was there because standby while moving was really bad. I'm now on October patch and camera service is usually 3rd on the list of wakelock.
    Ok, so today (thanks sunday) dig this issue further as too many discussion was going on but never experienced it as my S21U is just spared device and only using for development purpose.
    There are some good and bad news.
    • This seems intentional and to prevent camera motor sound while device isn't being used. I have doubt samsung gonna fix this
    • There can be some workaround/partial fix and may some good fix
    • Partial fix may have some compromisation like disable sensor at all while screen is off. This can be achieved with external app. Again there may be little drain for this app (Though should be negligible). App needs root.
    • Some system level fix (custom ROM) can be tried, I have tested one and result is attached in below screenshot. C=control (with stock) T= Test. In both tests, I couldn't find CamerService_wakelocks.
    Teseted1 for 9-10min walk + 2-3 min standby + some shaking - No wakelock detected
    Tested 2 with some semi manual changes - 5 min walk + some shake - No wake lock detected
    Restore stock and (control) and wakelocks returns.
    Important things to test are :
    • How much this makes difference practically
    • Does this breakes any camera/other important fuctions (Specifically when system level changes made)

Main drawback is either of method needs root. Still looking if some workaround there for non root but chances are thin.
    Yet needs some more and thorugh testing. Let's see how time permits.

Screenshot_20210606-201752.jpg Screenshot_20210606-224203.jpg Screenshot_20210606-223335.jpg Screenshot_20210606-222556.jpg
    Though not perfect but we can write some scripts (meanwhile Samsung fix it) that can turn off sensors while screen is off and vice versa when screen turns on.
    Which app to use or where to go to disable this wakelock?
    It's under development (testing) phase.
    Today tested effect of fix and with Sensor off method (Tool with Auto off sensor when screen is off) drain was nearly 2-3%, similar to turning off sensor manually (Benefit of fix is, it will do it on it's own, you don't needs to turn sensor On/off manually)
    Another fix is pretty cool (ROM level), No wakelocks at all. nearly 1 hr (10-15 min walk, 2-3 min screen on and rest of time in pocket in sitting position) battery drain was only 1% (attached screenshot). This fix doen't needs QS tile too.
    Unfortunately both needs root.