Question Cameraservice_worker partial wakelock

Search This thread

Razvanc95

Jul 31, 2021
Yesterday after a short walk, on my note 20U with the august update there were fewer wakelocks than before from cameraservice_worker, but the battery was still draining and I noticed the BSS_Indisplaysensorhelper: P wakelocks went up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829-121116_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-121116_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 65
D

Deleted member 11708371

any device owner package disabler apps work..also ladb works too.... but i do not recommend alliance shield at all!!!

D

Deleted member 11708371

alliance shield is a malicious app...i dont recommend it unless you want scripts running on your device

what works for one device doesnt work for another....sorry my list wont work for all variants

tracherot

Mar 23, 2015
Yesterday after a short walk, on my note 20U with the august update there were fewer wakelocks than before from cameraservice_worker, but the battery was still draining and I noticed the BSS_Indisplaysensorhelper: P

Mate, just FYI, BSS_Indisplaysensor helper is the fingerprint icon on the AOD display. If you disable the icon under fingerprint settings (set to never show) the wakelock dissappears.

Another thing I have noticed, you have high bat usage from IMS Service wakelock. For me, my carrier automatically enrolled me in something called 'Rich Communications Suite'. (RCS)
This is a setting under connections > more connection settings. What this does essentially, is allow large files and MMS messages to be sent within my carrier for free. BS stuff.

Nevertheless, disable rich communications and you will have way less wakelocks from IMS service. At least this was my experience.

Now, only the damn cameraservice_worker wakelock remains for to be fixed (Still no update yet)

Cheers mate and spread the love

Reactions: Razvanc95 and maxq1

Razvanc95

Jul 31, 2021
Mate, just FYI, BSS_Indisplaysensor helper is the fingerprint icon on the AOD display. If you disable the icon under fingerprint settings (set to never show) the wakelock dissappears.

Another thing I have noticed, you have high bat usage from IMS Service wakelock. For me, my carrier automatically enrolled me in something called 'Rich Communications Suite'. (RCS)
This is a setting under connections > more connection settings. What this does essentially, is allow large files and MMS messages to be sent within my carrier for free. BS stuff.

Nevertheless, disable rich communications and you will have way less wakelocks from IMS service. At least this was my experience.

Now, only the damn cameraservice_worker wakelock remains for to be fixed (Still no update yet)

Wow, I think you just saved my ass. Disabled those little buggers just now and I will probably be fine. Can't thank you enough!!
And for the cameraservice_worker wakelock, as Dr. Ketan said, there could be a chance for it to be fixed with the android 12 and oneUI 4 updates, fingers crossed!!
Cheers!!

Razvanc95

Jul 31, 2021
It's kinda already been fixed I think in AUHB update, I was moving around a lot at work today and it doesn't drain as much, it's now like the note 20 ultra, it exists but drain is way less ☺️ happy S21U owner now ! I can rely on my battery to last all day even when out walking and moving.
Yes, so I heard and also saw your previous post about it. Glad you can enjoy your phone now. Though, I did not know the drain difference was that big between the s and note.
Good days tho'😁

Razvanc95

Jul 31, 2021
By the way, does anyone know by chance what this ipsecadapter_eris wakelock is about? Found some info that it may be related to some Vpn service or wifi calls but nothing too specific and I seem to have quite a few wakelocks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210830-180825_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20210830-180825_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 46

matty100147

Aug 7, 2016
Belfast
It's kinda already been fixed I think in AUHB update, I was moving around a lot at work today and it doesn't drain as much, it's now like the note 20 ultra, it exists but drain is way less ☺️ happy S21U owner now ! I can rely on my battery to last all day even when out walking and moving.
thats great to hear, im patiently waiting for this update to be released in the UK, so far nothing yet..its been a pain in the backside this wakelock and having to keep my phone on airplane mode most of the day in work just to make sure the battery will last til bedtime

russellcausier

Jun 28, 2015
Still waiting for update too!always seems about a week later in the UK from when the youtubers make a video regarding the latest updates

bartjeh1991

Mar 6, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Dude, thanks a lot! I had this on my top battery drain for some time. After disabling its all fine!

Reactions: Razvanc95
D

Deleted member 11708371

i recommend turning off sensors at all times when not needed....especially from a security standpoint

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so today (thanks sunday) dig this issue further as too many discussion was going on but never experienced it as my S21U is just spared device and only using for development purpose.
    There are some good and bad news.
    • This seems intentional and to prevent camera motor sound while device isn't being used. I have doubt samsung gonna fix this
    • There can be some workaround/partial fix and may some good fix
    • Partial fix may have some compromisation like disable sensor at all while screen is off. This can be achieved with external app. Again there may be little drain for this app (Though should be negligible). App needs root.
    • Some system level fix (custom ROM) can be tried, I have tested one and result is attached in below screenshot. C=control (with stock) T= Test. In both tests, I couldn't find CamerService_wakelocks.
    Teseted1 for 9-10min walk + 2-3 min standby + some shaking - No wakelock detected
    Tested 2 with some semi manual changes - 5 min walk + some shake - No wake lock detected
    Restore stock and (control) and wakelocks returns.
    Important things to test are :
    • How much this makes difference practically
    • Does this breakes any camera/other important fuctions (Specifically when system level changes made)

Main drawback is either of method needs root. Still looking if some workaround there for non root but chances are thin.
    Yet needs some more and thorugh testing. Let's see how time permits.

Screenshot_20210606-201752.jpg Screenshot_20210606-224203.jpg Screenshot_20210606-223335.jpg Screenshot_20210606-222556.jpg
    Though not perfect but we can write some scripts (meanwhile Samsung fix it) that can turn off sensors while screen is off and vice versa when screen turns on.
    Which app to use or where to go to disable this wakelock?
    It's under development (testing) phase.
    Today tested effect of fix and with Sensor off method (Tool with Auto off sensor when screen is off) drain was nearly 2-3%, similar to turning off sensor manually (Benefit of fix is, it will do it on it's own, you don't needs to turn sensor On/off manually)
    Another fix is pretty cool (ROM level), No wakelocks at all. nearly 1 hr (10-15 min walk, 2-3 min screen on and rest of time in pocket in sitting position) battery drain was only 1% (attached screenshot). This fix doen't needs QS tile too.
    Unfortunately both needs root.