• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CamUIX V4 Custom Rom LG G4 H818P/H818N (W/O Recovery & bootloader Unlock)

Search This thread

starpandi2004

Jan 25, 2013
Madurai, Tamilnadu, INDIA
LG G4
LG G6
CamUIX V4 - alpha Mod
CUSTOM ROM for LG G4 H818P/H818N

there is no separate threads not available for LG g4 Dual's Custom Rom, that's why i have to write this POST

its not my work. its a hard work of our Russian friend DS-302 . i just explain what have done to my LG G4...

all credits go to him.......

Download "LG Root" here: http://d-h.st/uO8h

CamUIX V4 alpha Mod is looking good.....CamUIX V3 is Great....

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST SYSTEM IMG OF CamUIX V4 Alpha Mod from here: :cool:
https://yadi.sk/d/R2XNzcyftmC7M

DOWNLOAD THE SYSTEM IMG OF CamUIX V3 from here: ($$ Try This Always $$)
https://yadi.sk/d/5_qHqvukrkkbz

Move the downloading "system.img" file to the root of your phone's internal storage
Once this has been done, POWER OFF your phone normally and disconnect from PC. After LED stops blinking (OFF properly), Hold the UP VOLUME key and re-insert the USB cable from your PC to your phone. If done correctly, you should see DOWNLOAD MODE in small font in middle of the screen. it will then display another screen with text: FIRMWARE UPDATE (a USB logo) a warning to not unplug and a status bar at 0%.
On a windows PC, Start a command prompt (Start > Run > cmd) and navigate to the unzipped contents folder of LG Root (which is downloaded for LG g4 Root process). (On my PC, the command prompt line after navigation to my unzipped folder looks like C:\Users\star\Desktop\LG_Root\ ).

Let's verify the COM port your phone is connected to. double click the file "ports.bat" in LG_Root folder. Look for the COM number that corresponds to "DIAG1". **WRITE DOWN / REMEMBER THE COMM PORT NUMBER!** Let's assume it's COM3. Click any key/exit this window now...

copy/paste or type this command MAKING SURE THE RIGHT COMM NUMBER IS ENTERED: Send_Command.exe \\.\COM3

You should see Author: blog.lvu.kr and SPECIAL COMMAND : ENTER, LEAVE on 2 lines followed by a hashtag (#). If you are up to this point, type id and press ENTER

You should get back some text starting with "uid=(0)root gid=(0)root".

If it worked for you, from here run the command below (copy/paste next to the # and press ENTER)

dd if=/data/media/0/system.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

If you've done this correctly, as soon as you've pressed ENTER, you'll see a blinking cursor, probably for a few minutes. Basically the pre-rooted system image you are FLASHING to your phone is being written, so it may take a few minutes. When complete, you should see #. If you see this, it's DONE! Type LEAVE (in CAPS)and press ENTER. Your phone should then restart... Here's mine, it worked like charm!

hit "THANKS" button on this post if this has been of assistance to you...

other useful Links related to downgrade & Root
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62075670&postcount=381

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/guide-lg-g4-stock-firmware-to-stock-kdz-t3107848

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64518905&postcount=1805

You gonna download the Firmware + Rooted image from above post
+ all the root file and lgup in that above post

*Backup your data first , you gonna wipe your phone !!

Then follow the same instruction for LG up
(Install DLL first then the LGUP app)

1- Download the app , Also download KDZ file of your Desire
2- Make sure your phone is Charged at least 80% (Just to be safe)
3- Connect your phone to your PC using your cable , PC should Identify your phone
4- Choose "Upgrade" Then choose the KDZ you Desire (Lollipop or Marshmallow) (H818p or H818n)
5- After you Successfully Choose the KDZ file , Change your Selection to "Refurbish"
6- Click "Start" , Wait for sometime , Your phone will restart , Leave it .
7- Finally the phone will boot up to the Installation Wizard page , and LG UP will say 100% Done
8- Hard Reset / Factory Reset is recommended after an Upgrade or Downgrade .

Full credit goes to our Russian Friend DS-302. I just happy to share this with our G4 community with this separate post.

:good: :cool:

Last edited:

starpandi2004

Jan 25, 2013
LG G4
LG G6
photo_2016-09-22_09-51-25.jpg

photo_2016-09-22_09-51-31.jpg

Nice one. those HK.img have 4g Volte. someone in our forum please check with Jio 4g Band in india. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: rakshikashyap

mahendrabiradar

Oct 31, 2010
Can you please list the features of this rom? If possible share screenshots also.
Saw the original post but couldn't understand it properly...

Has anyone tried this rom? If yes, Please share your experience...

rshanubh

Dec 4, 2015

starpandi2004

Jan 25, 2013
LG G4
LG G6
i have downloaded this kdz from another source but problem was LG UP could not find it . let see if this one is ok.

3- Connect your phone to your PC using your cable , PC should Identify your phone
4- Choose "Upgrade" Then choose the KDZ you Desire
5- After you Successfully Choose the KDZ file , Change your Selection to "Refurbish"
7- Finally the phone will boot up to the Installation Wizard page , and LG UP will say 100% Done

Reactions: rajkatiyar07

rajkatiyar07

Thanks mate i am doing it right now :D one more thing how is the battery life , sound and camera prformance on CAMUIX 3 ?

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Successfully done but now i want to root it with CAMUIX , can i do that or i first i have to root my mobile with rooted image and then install CAMUIX ? one more thing i could not find the ports.bat file in lg root folder :( help plz

arun_crux

Jul 16, 2013
Thanks mate i am doing it right now :D one more thing how is the battery life , sound and camera prformance on CAMUIX 3 ?

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Successfully done but now i want to root it with CAMUIX , can i do that or i first i have to root my mobile with rooted image and then install CAMUIX ? one more thing i could not find the ports.bat file in lg root folder :( help plz

I directly flashed CAMUIX3 (Dirty flashed) and initially had FC's but after a hard reset all's fine........ but have noticed the battery drains faster but I could live with it as long as the cam and sound (dolby and viper) section is good..... thanks for the wonderful rom guys......
Any help on battery drain is much appreciated. :)

Reactions: rajkatiyar07

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CamUIX V4 - alpha Mod
    CUSTOM ROM for LG G4 H818P/H818N

there is no separate threads not available for LG g4 Dual's Custom Rom, that's why i have to write this POST

its not my work. its a hard work of our Russian friend DS-302 . i just explain what have done to my LG G4...

all credits go to him.......

Download "LG Root" here: http://d-h.st/uO8h

CamUIX V4 alpha Mod is looking good.....CamUIX V3 is Great....

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST SYSTEM IMG OF CamUIX V4 Alpha Mod from here: :cool:
    https://yadi.sk/d/R2XNzcyftmC7M

DOWNLOAD THE SYSTEM IMG OF CamUIX V3 from here: ($$ Try This Always $$)
    https://yadi.sk/d/5_qHqvukrkkbz

Move the downloading "system.img" file to the root of your phone's internal storage
    Once this has been done, POWER OFF your phone normally and disconnect from PC. After LED stops blinking (OFF properly), Hold the UP VOLUME key and re-insert the USB cable from your PC to your phone. If done correctly, you should see DOWNLOAD MODE in small font in middle of the screen. it will then display another screen with text: FIRMWARE UPDATE (a USB logo) a warning to not unplug and a status bar at 0%.
    On a windows PC, Start a command prompt (Start > Run > cmd) and navigate to the unzipped contents folder of LG Root (which is downloaded for LG g4 Root process). (On my PC, the command prompt line after navigation to my unzipped folder looks like C:\Users\star\Desktop\LG_Root\ ).

Let's verify the COM port your phone is connected to. double click the file "ports.bat" in LG_Root folder. Look for the COM number that corresponds to "DIAG1". **WRITE DOWN / REMEMBER THE COMM PORT NUMBER!** Let's assume it's COM3. Click any key/exit this window now...

copy/paste or type this command MAKING SURE THE RIGHT COMM NUMBER IS ENTERED: Send_Command.exe \\.\COM3

You should see Author: blog.lvu.kr and SPECIAL COMMAND : ENTER, LEAVE on 2 lines followed by a hashtag (#). If you are up to this point, type id and press ENTER

You should get back some text starting with "uid=(0)root gid=(0)root".

If it worked for you, from here run the command below (copy/paste next to the # and press ENTER)

dd if=/data/media/0/system.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

If you've done this correctly, as soon as you've pressed ENTER, you'll see a blinking cursor, probably for a few minutes. Basically the pre-rooted system image you are FLASHING to your phone is being written, so it may take a few minutes. When complete, you should see #. If you see this, it's DONE! Type LEAVE (in CAPS)and press ENTER. Your phone should then restart... Here's mine, it worked like charm!

hit "THANKS" button on this post if this has been of assistance to you...

other useful Links related to downgrade & Root
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62075670&postcount=381

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/guide-lg-g4-stock-firmware-to-stock-kdz-t3107848

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64518905&postcount=1805

You gonna download the Firmware + Rooted image from above post
    + all the root file and lgup in that above post

*Backup your data first , you gonna wipe your phone !!

Then follow the same instruction for LG up

4- Choose "Upgrade" Then choose the KDZ you Desire (Lollipop or Marshmallow) (H818p or H818n)

Full credit goes to our Russian Friend DS-302. I just happy to share this with our G4 community with this separate post.

:good: :cool:
    Screenshots of CamUIX V4 Alpha Mod

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-45-49.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-46-59.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-47-09.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-47-23.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-47-38.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-47-46.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-48-03.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-48-24.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-49-49.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-50-09.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-50-20.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-09-14-50-25.jpg
    Which one do you think is best in terms of battery V3 or V4?

V3 is good
    Any one know if new OTA realsed for H818N Indian Version?
    No news till yet. i believe G4 going to get android N.