Can a 3G Sim work on this phone?

Search This thread

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Fremont
So, I'm debating right now between the Hox and the gs3 and honestly the only reason why I can't get this phone is because its lte. I use a 3G sim for all my phones (except my nitro, I don't have a sim in that at all) so I need to know if one can insert a 3G sim and still get data. Oh, and I heard this uses a microsim slot? Tim to get my sim cut....

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

corythug

Aug 2, 2011
PA
Both hox and GSIII have micro sim slots. It does have 3g, I use it all the time as there is no 4G in Pennsylvania. Not sure if you'd have to sim unlock it though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Fremont
Both hox and GSIII have micro sim slots. It does have 3g, I use it all the time as there is no 4G in Pennsylvania. Not sure if you'd have to sim unlock it though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Oh. Thanks. Just asking cuz my nitro only works with specifically designed 4G at&t sims. All other carriers, whatever sims they give, work fine.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

Nexii

Aug 9, 2012
Houston,TX
I had a iPhone 4 3G Microsim and i had to go to AT&T to get a new sim card because my S3 would not pick up data. After a new sim card and adjustments to my account it was finally able to pick data.

meaintsmart

Aug 8, 2012
Sacramento
I had a iPhone 4 3G Microsim and i had to go to AT&T to get a new sim card because my S3 would not pick up data. After a new sim card and adjustments to my account it was finally able to pick data.

Same thing for me, except i didnt need a new sim. All they had to do was change the imei on my account so my phone with that imei can receive data. The rep told me that its because you can only have one phone with data at a time, as opposed to just being able to switch sims just to receice cellular service for calls.

Getz2oo3

Oct 8, 2011
The 'Ville
Same thing for me, except i didnt need a new sim. All they had to do was change the imei on my account so my phone with that imei can receive data. The rep told me that its because you can only have one phone with data at a time, as opposed to just being able to switch sims just to receice cellular service for calls.

I went through similar a long time ago when I got my Atrix. I upgraded from a iPhone 3G and just continued using same SIM. At&t just updated my data to "4G" and updated my imei and everything was groovy from then on. I'm on a whole new account for my S3 though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium