Can a "Hard-bricked" android phone be restored if there's still access to Download mode?

Search This thread

mouradsme

May 22, 2014
Relizane
pc-dz.com
Realme Narzo 30A
I accidentally installed the wrong ROM on my phone, and now it's unresponsive (nothing happens when I try to turn it on, not even a vibration)
But I managed to access Download Mode (aka EDL, right?).
Can I restore it if I have the Scatter file and the Stock ROM?
Thanks in advance

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Győr
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
Not sure what device you're talking about, but try to look for an "unbrick tool" or an "unbrick guide"
I "semi hard-bricked" my OnePlus 3T a while ago, and there was this leaked Qualcomm tool that you could use to flash the factory ROM the phone came with from Download Mode.

mouradsme

May 22, 2014
Relizane
pc-dz.com
Realme Narzo 30A
MediaTek devices have preloader mode, EDL mode is for Qualcomm
Does the fact that I can communicate and flash via Download Mode (SP Flash Tool) mean that I didn't lose my preloader? I'm kinda stuck trying to flash the Stock ROM (demanding verified image files, even though I'm using the original firmware for flashing... probably)

Not sure what device you're talking about, but try to look for an "unbrick tool" or an "unbrick guide"
I "semi hard-bricked" my OnePlus 3T a while ago, and there was this leaked Qualcomm tool that you could use to flash the factory ROM the phone came with from Download Mode.
I'll check the guides online, hopefully I'll find one that'll help.

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Győr
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
demanding verified image files, even though I'm using the original firmware for flashing
I've also had issues previously with trying to flash stock images on Samsung phones. Not sure if you have country-specific images, if you do, try giving all of them a shot. I'm from Hungary, and a locally bought Samsung phone only came to life after flashing a Spanish factory image.

aIecxs

Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
I think that means you did not flash all partitions (some not included in Download)

In the other thread someone mentioned "Format All + Download" very bad idea never do this.

did you try unlocking bootloader from mtkclient like suggested in that thread?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I accidentally installed the wrong ROM on my phone, and now it's unresponsive (nothing happens when I try to turn it on, not even a vibration)
But I managed to access Download Mode (aka EDL, right?).
Can I restore it if I have the Scatter file and the Stock ROM?
Thanks in advance
There is no such thing as a "hard bricked" device that can still boot into TWRP. A hard bricked device is completely dead and shows no kind of activity or function. It won't charge, it won't boot into any kind of mode and can't make a connection to PC, makes no sound when connecting to PC and it won't appear in device manager when connected to PC.

A device that can boot into download mode but not its other modes is just a softbricked device.

Last edited:
Reactions: mouradsme

Top Liked Posts