• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

can any dev develop miui rom?6.0 base patchrom

How many here want MIUI rom for our beloved Grand 2?

• Total voters

VarunSolanki

Sep 15, 2016
Anand
Any update on development?

no problem bro , right now i'm downloading the source ;)

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

ony one problem i think front cam will not work
Now we have a fully working Cm13 so I think front cam is not a problem now right?
Thanks for your support and Eagerly waiting for the rom

Dankie001

Mar 9, 2016
Surrey
Now we have a fully working Cm13 so I think front cam is not a problem now right?
Thanks for your support and Eagerly waiting for the rom
He's not doing it now i spoke to him.
He will do it later he's helping aditya with some projects.
But don't worry if i succeed with v7 i will make v8 as well. Have begin work on patchrom method. Got ubuntu working just yesterday. Am watching basics of ubuntu cuz i never used it before. Will be a slow process but am trying my best :)

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

Reactions: VarunSolanki

VarunSolanki

Sep 15, 2016
Anand
Thanks

He's not doing it now i spoke to him.
He will do it later he's helping aditya with some projects.
But don't worry if i succeed with v7 i will make v8 as well. Have begin work on patchrom method. Got ubuntu working just yesterday. Am watching basics of ubuntu cuz i never used it before. Will be a slow process but am trying my best :)

Take your time bro...I m happy waiting if there's a hope for Miui rom
And as you said S0und is busy working on porting tw mm with aditya for g2 after that he will do this

Reactions: Subhashis

Dankie001

Mar 9, 2016
Surrey
Guys @VarunSolanki tried to port Miui from HTC 816T and the rom is stuck on MI logo. He's busy right now so i am sharing the news.
We are trying to boot the rom but both of us have limited experience with fixing bootloop. So anyone can help please message
Here's a SS of our progress

Last edited:
Reactions: Subhashis

Subhashis

Feb 10, 2015
Karakura Town
Guys @VarunSolanki tried to port Miui from HTC 816T and the rom is stuck on MI logo. He's busy right now so i am sharing the news.
We are trying to boot the rom but both of us have limited experience with fixing bootloop. So anyone can help please message
Here's a SS of our progress

Maybe its a kernel problem.Have you checked logs?

Reactions: Dankie001

Subhashis

Feb 10, 2015
Karakura Town
Yeah i was thinking the same bro. Any suggestions how to fix that????
Varun sent this check it out for us please.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_PH4ZD9mUvpSE1Zekp2T1pybW8/view?usp=drivesdk

I'm also new in rom/kernel developing.So my suggestions might not be up to the mark.
After checking the logs,I came to know about three reasons of bootlooping:
1-system/lib/libnetcmdiface.so missing (problably the best cause of bootloop)
2-class android.content.res.Configuration missing
3-can't stat classpath element qcmediaplayer.jar (located in system/framework).
After that the phone bootloops showing soundcard missing error and repeats the above..

Dankie001

Mar 9, 2016
Surrey
I'm also new in rom/kernel developing.So my suggestions might not be up to the mark.
After checking the logs,I came to know about three reasons of bootlooping:
1-system/lib/libnetcmdiface.so missing (problably the best cause of bootloop)
2-class android.content.res.Configuration missing
3-can't stat classpath element qcmediaplayer.jar (located in system/framework).
After that the phone bootloops showing soundcard missing error and repeats the above..
So what could we do??? Truth be told both mine and @VarunSolanki 's experience regarding this is a big fat zero. I know you new as well but if there's some fix or suggestion then please help us. You will get the appropriate credits when rom is released.

We really need someone to look after this so any help is welcomed :(

Subhashis

Feb 10, 2015
Karakura Town
So what could we do??? Truth be told both mine and @VarunSolanki 's experience regarding this is a big fat zero. I know you new as well but if there's some fix or suggestion then please help us. You will get the appropriate credits when rom is released.

We really need someone to look after this so any help is welcomed :(
OK I'm willing to help you guys whenever I can

Dankie001

Mar 9, 2016
Surrey
Just add me to your group(if you guys made one).If you guys are in Telegram then send me the invite link.There we can discuss about the developments.
Sorry for late replies bro. @VarunSolanki is not available and i am a bit busy too at the moment. He's busy with some family function. As soon as he's back he will send you PM and invite you to hangouts so that we can proceed. Thank you for your help!!!!!

Subhashis

Feb 10, 2015
Karakura Town
Sorry for late replies bro. @VarunSolanki is not available and i am a bit busy too at the moment. He's busy with some family function. As soon as he's back he will send you PM and invite you to hangouts so that we can proceed. Thank you for your help!!!!!

No problem. Actually I am also a bit busy with my upcoming semester exams which will held in January. As soon as it's finished, I will get some time to contribute in the development.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone