Question Can anyone confirm Pad has native working Call & Text functionality?

Search This thread

horsecharles

Dec 14, 2010
NYC
Just like a phone. I've seen the icons in pics- but they could just be stubs for call \ sms originating from a separate phone.

TIA

PS also wondering what if insert in this the SIM from a Home Internet Gateway...

horsecharles

Dec 14, 2010
NYC
We will know once Multi-Screen Connectivity become available and functional, but it should be capable as there are those apps pre-installed in the Pad.
Thanks. Although those apps are sometimes only shortcuts for continue phone call & sms on your computer \ laptop.
Most Samsung tablets will make & receive texts as soon as carrier SIM inserted, but it's tossup whether Dialer will natively call or need a paired phone.
Kinda encouraged Oppo tablet makes calls.

The dialer app on the oneplus pad only allows for google meet video and audio calls and the messaging app does nothing, you can try to send a sms but it just says "You may be able to send after inserting a SIM"

The mobile network settings are also disabled and do nothing.

This makes the software experience feel half baked and rushed.

Reactions: horsecharles

horsecharles

Dec 14, 2010
NYC
The dialer app on the oneplus pad only allows for google meet video and audio calls and the messaging app does nothing, you can try to send a sms but it just says "You may be able to send after inserting a SIM"

I missed your reply. I'm about to activate it next day or two. I already have a cheap Phablet going with full calling & texting both ways- so at least know carrier isn't blocking anything.

I have no Network settings section at all- I've assumed they would appear upon adding a plan \ be ota'd by carrier.
And I hope the the vaunted connection sharing works both ways \ esp. Pad giving to phones. That would be one of its best values- we have Unlimited Tablet plans for $10.

PS Multi-Connectivity (13.1 Update) has arrived to Pad and phone models 8 thru 11.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We will know once Multi-Screen Connectivity become available and functional, but it should be capable as there are those apps pre-installed in the Pad.