Can Anyone do aa network unlock for my T-Mobile pixel 4a 5g?

CaptainBrownTee

Dec 5, 2020
Just curious if anyone can network my T-Mobile 4a 5g?

I haven't paid off my EIP but there was a fellow in the OnePlus 8 forum who unlocked my device.

Just curious if anyone can help it would be a huge favor?

CaptainBrownTee

Dec 5, 2020
Try asking tmobile, you might get lucky and have a person perform a permanent sim unlock for you.
I already had them unlock my OnePlus 8 and pixel 3a xl about three months apart before my EIP is up.

They said that there is a maximum of 2 device unlocks before the EIP is fully paid off.

Whether or not that's true is anyone's guess.

I used T-Mobile T-force support team on Facebook to have the others unlocked.

NikoZBK

May 8, 2011
I already had them unlock my OnePlus 8 and pixel 3a xl about three months apart before my EIP is up.

They said that there is a maximum of 2 device unlocks before the EIP is fully paid off.

Whether or not that's true is anyone's guess.

I used T-Mobile T-force support team on Facebook to have the others unlocked.
That's interesting, haven't heard of that before. I had success in the tmobile app and just told them I would like to root my phone to use my "tool" (viper4android/adaway) and that I have to switch between phones to have access to my tools.

Aeon.Horos

Dec 6, 2020
How long have you been a customer? I just had mine unlocked through the chat feature in rhe tmobile app. However Ive been a customer for 14 years 7 of which have been post paid with EIP devices.
Back story...I purchased the device through EIP with Tmobile on Nov. 25th. I was aware of the carrier lock blocking OEM unlocking but tbh i forgot. So when I recieved the device last week i was more angry with myself for not choosing google store.

Anyway on to how i received my carrier unlock....
It took me 3-4hrs of back and forth with the chat rep. 1st rep told me policy says no.

me: "i am looking to unlock my Pixel 4a 5G device. I was under the impression that the device, like most ALL other Google devices, came with the ability to unlock the bootloader but, i am unable to perform the action without the device being SIM unlocked. I could lie and say Im planning a trip but im going to try and be honest and hopefully get this resolved without issue."

Rep 1: "Thank you for your patience, I checked and due to the balance on your device I see it only qualifies for a temp unlock. That will last 30 days. and due to fact the phone has not been in use for 40 days."

I had to become Karen at this point...

me: "So loyalty means nothing? i wouldnt have got the phone had i known i NEEDED to SIM unlock it to use it how i intended. in 14years of being a customer ive NEVER had to do that on ANY of the dozen devices ive purchased through tmobile. i would have purchased it through Google and been able to do everything i want and still be on the tmobile network. its deceptive."

rep 1: "Of course loyalty means alot, this is just our unlock policy."

me: "but the policy is for use of the device on another network. i dont want to use it on another network i dont even WANT the sim unlock its being forced on me by tmobile in order to be able to use the device in the way the device was marketed to developers. And policy says 40days so even if i paid it off or purchased in full tmobile is shipping devices sim locked, which is preventing me from bootloader unlocking, when i could have ordered from google and it would have been able to unlock the bootloader out of the box wether financed or paid in full. and policy is bs i know its a simple approval from a supervisor to move my imei from ineligible to eligible so its a human decision. these will be the LAST devices i ever purchase through tmobile. its outrageous that this is the first and only time ive experienced this."

This is when Rep 2 came in...

Rep 2: "Oh no! I am so sorry you are having an issue with unlocking that Pixel device. I know how important being able to do what you want with your phones is. Let's work together to make sure there isn't any options we missed on our side. I want to make sure you can feel confident purchasing and using those phones with us!"

Rep 2: "So I did reach out here to my support teams and they said with the low time frame of having the device and only one payment in there wouldn't be a way to override a full unlock. I did confirm that a temporary unlock can be done 5 times a year and you can get the bootloading done on a temporary unlock as well."

me: "thats disappointing. i could have purchased the device from google at a discount and been able to do everything i want out of the box but ive been a loyal tmobile customer so i went with you guys. Next time ill be purchasing directly from google. thank you though."

Rep 2: "I totally get that. When you are wanting to do things like bootloading that honestly would be my recommendation as it does give you way more freedom when you purchase a device that is directly unlocked. All of our devices are meant for our network so they all come locked until full paid and used a little bit at least. I appreciate you letting me try to help out best I could though. Was there anything else at all?"

Temporary unlock DOES NOT WORK!!!! for OEM unlocking MUST BE PERMANENT! I stated thos to the rep. Tried to make it seem like a user error...

Rep 2: "Gotcha! I did reach back out to them to see if they can provide any other insight. Did you go through the fastboot menu and everything after enabling developer mode?"

me: "i did it stated that OEM unlocking must be enabled but as u can see in settings it cant be enabled unless its sim unlocked and the temporary unlock didnt change that."

me: "i guess i just have to live with it. now i just know that whether i finance or pay in full NEVER buy a phone from T-Mobile"

HERES WHERE THINGS TURN AROUND

Rep 2: "Let me try something else here.,"

Rep 2: "Would you be able to make 2 additional monthly payments on the phone? If you could do that I could get the override for the permanent unlock."

I hadnt paid anything on the device at this point aside from taxes nd shipping....

me: "i would be able to that. so pay $42 today or would it be added to my bill next month?"

Rep 2: "Yes! If you go in there it will let you type in how much you want to pay. Just pay the $42."

$42 paid 2 minutes later....

Rep 2: "OK! Now try to go do the permanent unlock in the app. If it doesn't work restart your phone super quick."

SUCCESS!!!

me: "it worked!! thank you very much!"

Rep 2: "No problem! Had to go to bat for you with my supervisor, but you have been an amazing customer for over 7 years so we wanted to help. Was there anything else I might be able to do"

So, with ALL of that said....if you've been a good standing customer just try and use your merit to pursuade a rep. and if the first one denys you just threaten to leave. if the swcond rep denys you swear that you're leaving lol customer is always right. I still owe $457 on the device and i havent had it for just about 9 days lol don't let them tell you *policy says no" theres always wiggle room.

Edit: he stated 2 additional monthly payments however i had to go into my account and pay $42 off of the balance of my device so it didnt actually cost me anything more and my monthly payments are lower because of it.

Last edited:

NikoZBK

May 8, 2011
It's a complete lottery, customer for 3 years and got an unlock hassle free first rep. Back with my 6T had no luck, spoke to many different reps until found the right one

kapsama

Apr 29, 2010
So for anyone who might end up in this thread looking for a way to sim unlock their T-Mobile Pixel 4a 5G.

I contacted T-Mobile Help through Twitter ( @TMobileHelp ) and they did a permanent unlock for me on a brand new Pixel 4a 5G.

They used to be called T-Force and are a much more helpful dept of customer service.

Anyway after following the Twitter account I started talking to one of their reps by Direct Message. I told them about my long account history and how I thought this phone wouldn't be locked. Since my phone was still in the return period the rep told me to wait until the return period was over and he'd get back to me.

Anyway he did get back as promised and now my phone is sim unlocked as of today.

So definitely try through T-Mobile Help on Twitter.