can anyone offer me some help

Search This thread

BADDINOROX99

Background
Okay so the glass on my 2013 Moto X broke on September 27th I ordered a new one and while changing it I accidentally broke the digitizer so I disconnected the digitizer and the phone turned on while my digitizer with disconnected then i had no way of turning it off while my digitizer was disconnected the phone started to vibrate every 3 seconds until the battery died... so I was forced to switch over to my Nexus 6 because at the time that was my backup phone because I love the performance of my Moto X.. now a few months later yesterday to be exact my new digitizer arrived and I brought my Moto X back to life powers on and performs just fine

Problem
My wrist twitch to activate camera doesn't work
My dual chop to activate led doesn't work
Whenever I make a phone call or receive a phone call my screen turns off automatically but the phone call works just fine once the phone call has ended my screen does not turn back on I have to reboot the phone to turn on the display again

Phone info
2013 moto x on 5.1.1 stock rom locked bootloader rooted using crashes method with ultra slim root

any help or tip is greatly appreciated

Last edited:

hachamacha

Jun 15, 2010
Honor 8
Maybe, but it really depends what's actually wrong. The Moto has a TI MSP430 chip that handles all that 'motion, wave-to-wake, chop-chop' stuff and it's loaded from a /firmware folder or partition (have forgotten at this point). @masterifla figured out which files it was on 4.4.4 & 5.1 that got uploaded to the 430 and wrote a .zip file to change from 4.4.4's "wave to wake" to 5.1 "chop chop" or vice versa. I fixed some little bug in it, and stuck the working .zips up in this post although they may be elsewhere as well: (so :: these zips contain the firmware that actually does the wave-to-wake stuff and can be 'recovery-flashed')

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63616790&postcount=17

At least if that works, you'll know that it was the firmware for that chip, and if not, it might actually be the 430 chip(which you can see in the teardown). The post by me and anything by masterifla should be pretty well explained.

Cheers.

hachamacha

Jun 15, 2010
Honor 8
but have a locked bootloader :( I can't flash anything...but you gave hope maybe if I use rsd lite to flash stock I can fix this

There still might be a way. I keep trying to have people get this to work, but I'm not sure of the outcome yet, so give it try if you like: Here's some steps:

1) Locked bootloader / no root means mostly that you can't write system, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to temporarily boot into a PC-based copy of twrp. Once in twrp (for one time say) you are root, and you have access to anything on your gizmo. In theory, you should be able to mount system read-write and change something in the file system.

2) Get the correct copy of twrp and adb (from dev forum for this box) and put it on a PC with fastboot in the same folder. To make this easy, called twrp "twrp.img" and call "fastboot" or "mfastboot" fastboot.exe (I am for some reason assuming you've got a PC, not a mac or linux, but the ideas are similar.

3) quick explain of the files in the .zip from above ^^ : 8 files prefixed by MSP that are located when on the moto in /system/etc/firmware. Unzip them and stick them in that same folder.

4) Tricky part : (I think) : reboot into the twrp.img on your PC by getting your device into fastboot / bootloader mode: (so .. volume-up&down&power keys all held down for ~10 seconds perhaps, then if you've gotten it right (it's touchy), you'll be in the bootloader where it has a small tiny text list of stuff like "continue, recovery, etc).

5) you're good with the phone if you've made it here: now on the PC from that folder, type in "fastboot boot twrp.img" and good luck. If it works, your phone will be in TWRP with root access. If not, I don't know another option at the moment.

6) Probably the rest is most easily done from the PC command (or shell) window where the files are. Since your device is in the bootloader and awaiting further instruction, you should be able to use adb to talk to recovery now. so carry on:

7) (get the files from your PC (the MSP prefixed ones) onto the device, so first remount system r/w):
Code:
     a) "adb remount" // supposedly should remount system toggling the read attribute to write
     b) "adb push msp* /system/etc/firmware/" // copies files to device unless I've got syntax wrong, try one at a time if doesn't work.
     c) "adb shell ls -al /system/etc/firmware/"  // list all files, and post them back here to see if it even worked.
     d) "adb remount" // system partition back to normal ro state.
     d) "adb reboot"  // moment of truth, a reboot.
8) after things settle post-reboot, check out "wave-to-wake" , camera twist, etc. This works on 4.4.4 or 5.1 (if this other stuff above works).

Note: I could be way off on my idea that rebooting into recovery will give you enough functionality to do this, but I'm not sure what other choices you've got without being able to root. I guess another thing I'm wondering about is why you wouldn't be able to root the phone from recovery regardless of how you booted into it. You still can't unlock bootloader, but I'm not clear on what difference it makes at the moment.

Good luck. It's a "hail mary" pass.

Reactions: BADDINOROX99

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    but have a locked bootloader :( I can't flash anything...but you gave hope maybe if I use rsd lite to flash stock I can fix this

There still might be a way. I keep trying to have people get this to work, but I'm not sure of the outcome yet, so give it try if you like: Here's some steps:

1) Locked bootloader / no root means mostly that you can't write system, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to temporarily boot into a PC-based copy of twrp. Once in twrp (for one time say) you are root, and you have access to anything on your gizmo. In theory, you should be able to mount system read-write and change something in the file system.

2) Get the correct copy of twrp and adb (from dev forum for this box) and put it on a PC with fastboot in the same folder. To make this easy, called twrp "twrp.img" and call "fastboot" or "mfastboot" fastboot.exe (I am for some reason assuming you've got a PC, not a mac or linux, but the ideas are similar.

3) quick explain of the files in the .zip from above ^^ : 8 files prefixed by MSP that are located when on the moto in /system/etc/firmware. Unzip them and stick them in that same folder.

4) Tricky part : (I think) : reboot into the twrp.img on your PC by getting your device into fastboot / bootloader mode: (so .. volume-up&down&power keys all held down for ~10 seconds perhaps, then if you've gotten it right (it's touchy), you'll be in the bootloader where it has a small tiny text list of stuff like "continue, recovery, etc).

5) you're good with the phone if you've made it here: now on the PC from that folder, type in "fastboot boot twrp.img" and good luck. If it works, your phone will be in TWRP with root access. If not, I don't know another option at the moment.

6) Probably the rest is most easily done from the PC command (or shell) window where the files are. Since your device is in the bootloader and awaiting further instruction, you should be able to use adb to talk to recovery now. so carry on:

7) (get the files from your PC (the MSP prefixed ones) onto the device, so first remount system r/w):
    Code:
         a) "adb remount" // supposedly should remount system toggling the read attribute to write
         b) "adb push msp* /system/etc/firmware/" // copies files to device unless I've got syntax wrong, try one at a time if doesn't work.
         c) "adb shell ls -al /system/etc/firmware/"  // list all files, and post them back here to see if it even worked.
         d) "adb remount" // system partition back to normal ro state.
         d) "adb reboot"  // moment of truth, a reboot.
    8) after things settle post-reboot, check out "wave-to-wake" , camera twist, etc. This works on 4.4.4 or 5.1 (if this other stuff above works).

Note: I could be way off on my idea that rebooting into recovery will give you enough functionality to do this, but I'm not sure what other choices you've got without being able to root. I guess another thing I'm wondering about is why you wouldn't be able to root the phone from recovery regardless of how you booted into it. You still can't unlock bootloader, but I'm not clear on what difference it makes at the moment.

Good luck. It's a "hail mary" pass.
    thanks I got my stuff working again ? I screwed up in the file install part freaked out and reflashed stock and rerooted so everything is good now once again thanks