Can anyone unlock the Kyocera KY-01L card phone?

Search This thread

foneless

Mar 25, 2023
I bought one of these seeing it in Japan years ago, but alas it doesn't work in New Zealand. In my due diligence, it appeared to be compatible with Spark's network.
Phone specs: Supported bands via the Nano SIM are 3G UMTS HSDPA UMTS 800, 850, 1900, 2100 MHz and 4G is FDD-LTE 800, 2100(Band 1, 19)

Upon further investigation Sparks 3G are 850MHz (Band 5); 3G 2100MHz (Band 1) and 4G bands are band 3 & 28, their 3G.
Device appears unlocked in its settings. I would of thought this was a software lock rather than hardware limitation.
If anyone could help me unlock it I'd happily pay $50 NZD :)

Should of added that I tried unlocking shop here who couldnt do it.
Phone was exclusive for Docomo in Japan so it'll currently only work for those frequencies & bands

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
I bought one of these seeing it in Japan years ago, but alas it doesn't work in New Zealand. In my due diligence, it appeared to be compatible with Spark's network.
Phone specs: Supported bands via the Nano SIM are 3G UMTS HSDPA UMTS 800, 850, 1900, 2100 MHz and 4G is FDD-LTE 800, 2100(Band 1, 19)

Upon further investigation Sparks 3G are 850MHz (Band 5); 3G 2100MHz (Band 1) and 4G bands are band 3 & 28, their 3G.
Device appears unlocked in its settings. I would of thought this was a software lock rather than hardware limitation.

Phone was exclusive for Docomo in Japan so it'll currently only work for those frequencies & bands
Hello and good morning, @foneless

Welcome to XDA! I hope you'll always get the support you require.
However, prior to your next posting please read the guidances that are stuck on top of every forum like
and the others. I've moved your thread to Android Q&A.

Thanks for your cooperation!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

shak3800

Aug 14, 2013
I also have the same issue. I bought this phone from Tokyo exports for Europe but it doesn't work. I was given a code to unlock it , which worked but it doesn't work with my provider. I can find it manually but it won't connect

Have you found any solution?

wxoesl

Dec 19, 2023
Hi both friends above,

I may can solve the Kyocera phone unlock problem for you two.

there is bunch of ppl offering unlock service online, only you need its just a unlock code then you will free to use any provider's sim.

feel free to ask me.

Sincerely,
Frank

wxoesl

Dec 19, 2023

lmk if u wanna try tho

shak3800

Aug 14, 2013
Hi both friends above,

I may can solve the Kyocera phone unlock problem for you two.

there is bunch of ppl offering unlock service online, only you need its just a unlock code then you will free to use any provider's sim.

feel free to ask me.

Sincerely,
Frank
Hi there
I was given an unlock code by the seller which I put when the phone started
But even with the unlock code the phone won't connect to my sim net work because it seems it doesn't support the frequency bands . Can you help me ?