Can Chinese version P40P+ (ELS-AN10) do call recording ?

Search This thread

petar_b

Mar 28, 2009
I am considering selling European version and buying Chinese one. Can the Chinese version do call recording ?

Is it allowed on their androids or android 10 doesn't allow it to any part of the world ? :confused:

arturo.mg

Oct 17, 2014
Mexico City
I don't know, I used to have a Mate 20 Pro (mexican version with carrier firmware), and with the apk for call recording was enough... maybe if there's a way to retrieve the apk from the chinese version (if there's any), it might be possible...

death365

Apr 5, 2009
Aranguez, San Juan
yes i have that exact model ... work 100 %

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200922_113123_com.huawei.phone.recorder.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922_113123_com.huawei.phone.recorder.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

petar_b

Mar 28, 2009

OMG ! - Mate, do you know how to extract recorder.apk from that and share it here :p

PS - I found chinese ROM but I extracting APKs from rom file is way too difficult for me. If anyone can help with that I am willing to share that ROM file.

petar_b

Mar 28, 2009

Any chance you know how to extract APK from your phone so others can try installing it ? Can it be done simply like copying APK or it has to be extracted from ROM file...

PS - (I have ROM file, just dont' know how to open DATA files from inside, any help appreciated)

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Because it's only Chinese variant that it is enabled. In the past when you could unlock the bootloader and change regions, you could change between Chinese and any other area and back and it only works on the Chinese version. It must be restricted in the ROM. I've had Chinese versions with it working, extracted the file and tried on a non Chinese version and it fails installation every time.
I use ACR on non Chinese versions, works ok but callers voice needs turning up.
Try if you want. I'm sure that everyone would appreciate a working version of Huawei call recorder on their phones, it just works perfectly but please feel free to try and feedback to us your findings as this question comes up with every model.
If you do a search, I extracted Android 9 and 10 version to the forum in the past and I can get my Mate 30 pro fired up and extract it again if you want.

Last edited:

petar_b

Mar 28, 2009
In fact here it is attached, Android 10 version from my Chinese Mate 30 Pro. Let us all know how you get on.

Thank you. What you have described earlier, I have done in the past with HTC: change region, easily using XTC tool which would allow me to have NFC, Radio and few features which were disabled on EU version.

Your story is totally believable and true; I was just hoping it might work. I'll try anyway, you know the old say "fulls don't believe anyone" :)

PS - I do have ACR full pro licensed version, I need call recorder to work perfectly, it's part of my job, so even if I have to buy chinese phone, be it huawei or samsung or whatever...

Btw did you know that call recording is allowed in Italy without any announcement. I am really unhappy that this phone isn't really developed properly for various EU regions.

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
You could always swap to a mi 10 ultra which has call recorder and a pretty near or as good camera. These have call recorder as standard but like me and many others, flash the EU ROM and get the best software options plus. And you keep the call recorder.
I have both but as Huawei are locking down so much, it tempted me away to a near equivalent but fully and actually encouraged to by Xiaomi to use custom ROMs. Check out the XDA Xiaomi mi 10 Ultra forum

potsykate

Feb 6, 2010
Bridgend
You could always swap to a mi 10 ultra which has call recorder and a pretty near or as good camera. These have call recorder as standard but like me and many others, flash the EU ROM and get the best software options plus. And you keep the call recorder.
I have both but as Huawei are locking down so much, it tempted me away to a near equivalent but fully and actually encouraged to by Xiaomi to use custom ROMs. Check out the XDA Xiaomi mi 10 Ultra forum
I may consider the mi 10 ultra, I'm in the uk so will it work on our network? Where did you buy it from?

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
XDA has an active forum at https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra.
For the UK use Wondamobile as they ship to Manchester and then ship to you, so they pay any import duty, delivery in about a week from Hong Kong at a good price, other suppliers out there too.
One of the main issues in the hardware is that it has no band 20 radio. In the UK some operators change their use of band 20 from 3 to 4G, O2 being the main one that may affect you. 5G works a treat as does 4G on all other providers but with O2 and any providers that use O2 network, you won't get 4G from band 20 masts. To be honest, now that most people use 4G, the 3G throughput that it drops down to on these masts is dam good and I don't miss 4G at all. Still get Sky Q out and about via 3G. My second sim is EE and that is fine on 4G, so something to think about before buying.
The stock Chinese ROM has Google but one thing missing on this is location tracing and history. Gpay works fine on the stock ROM.
As Xiaomi encourage custom ROMs, you can unlock the bootloader. As a precaution, once you fully verify your account in mi cloud, and you start to unlock, it makes you wait 168 hours, one week, before allowing you to finish the process. Once unlocked, you can flash the Xiaomi.EU custom ROM if you want, details on the XDA forum or the Xiaomi.EU forum. Paranoid Android may be providing one too at some point. The EU version has done an excellent job on this but it does still have some work to do on CTS profile security but it does have Widevine L1 ( the stock has all security). Gpay too has a temp bug hopefully being fixed soon to but it's ok on Chinese stock and as the custom weekly or stable branches of ROM are based on the Chinese updates.
Have a read before committing. I moved over after being Huawei for a few years but with them locking the bootloader and the Google debako by USA has made me swap brands and to be honest, I am quite happy to do so, Xiaomi are making some dam good customisable phones.

sajokj

Aug 19, 2008
Singapore
XDA has an active forum at https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra.
For the UK use Wondamobile as they ship to Manchester and then ship to you, so they pay any import duty, delivery in about a week from Hong Kong at a good price, other suppliers out there too.
One of the main issues in the hardware is that it has no band 20 radio. In the UK some operators change their use of band 20 from 3 to 4G, O2 being the main one that may affect you. 5G works a treat as does 4G on all other providers but with O2 and any providers that use O2 network, you won't get 4G from band 20 masts. To be honest, now that most people use 4G, the 3G throughput that it drops down to on these masts is dam good and I don't miss 4G at all. Still get Sky Q out and about via 3G. My second sim is EE and that is fine on 4G, so something to think about before buying.
The stock Chinese ROM has Google but one thing missing on this is location tracing and history. Gpay works fine on the stock ROM.
As Xiaomi encourage custom ROMs, you can unlock the bootloader. As a precaution, once you fully verify your account in mi cloud, and you start to unlock, it makes you wait 168 hours, one week, before allowing you to finish the process. Once unlocked, you can flash the Xiaomi.EU custom ROM if you want, details on the XDA forum or the Xiaomi.EU forum. Paranoid Android may be providing one too at some point. The EU version has done an excellent job on this but it does still have some work to do on CTS profile security but it does have Widevine L1 ( the stock has all security). Gpay too has a temp bug hopefully being fixed soon to but it's ok on Chinese stock and as the custom weekly or stable branches of ROM are based on the Chinese updates.
Have a read before committing. I moved over after being Huawei for a few years but with them locking the bootloader and the Google debako by USA has made me swap brands and to be honest, I am quite happy to do so, Xiaomi are making some dam good customisable phones.

True that, If Huawei allow unlocking the bootloader, then their phones will rock and can be sold with people worrying about Google ban, as there will be many developers out there ready to build many custom rom with Google (GMS) Integrated