• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Can Global/EEA fix this ?

Search This thread

vendetta17

Sep 27, 2016
I do have a chinese version of Mi 11 Ultra . Even though before i bought the phone i read all the 4G and 5G bands are supported for UK , it looks like 4G connection is very weak on Giffgaff network , which basically runs on O2 architecture.
As the bands are 100% supported , is there any way i would get normal data speeds ? Dont even dare to think at 5G . I would be happy with 4G+ . With Giffgaff only get 3mb/s speed while tested ID mobile and have 18mb/s .
So will the global or EEA rom fix this problem ? Can this be fixed by software or not ? I am confused and not sure what to do, try to sell it of keep it . Thanks in advance .

mgbosshogg

Feb 6, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
With the GG SIM in another phone side by side what do you get?

( In my village we can only get O2. So we are with sky. I'm lucky if i get 5mb here. O2 / sky have no CA / 4g+ in my area. That said , a few miles away I can pull 400mb 5G. )

vendetta17

Sep 27, 2016
I just did it now on a different phone which is nowhere near the quality of Mi 11 Ultra and i just got 19.6 mb/s on giffgaff network . Same network , same location . Mi 11 ultra gets close to 4 mb/s while old Huawei phone gets 19.6 mb/s .

Last edited:

chistery

May 24, 2010
London
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
So far no one has installed global and confirmed if 4G+ is now working where it wasn't on the CN version.

I'm tempted to try it but then I read about rollback protection and so many issues, can I downgrade from 12.5.2 EU Stable to 12.0.1 Global?

jmikepr

Aug 15, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
So far no one has installed global and confirmed if 4G+ is now working where it wasn't on the CN version.

I'm tempted to try it but then I read about rollback protection and so many issues, can I downgrade from 12.5.2 EU Stable to 12.0.1 Global?

It's possible but you'll need to do it via EDL mode which requires an authorized service account. Look up unbrick RU on telegram/YouTube.

He'll do it for $30ish

Death'87

Sep 14, 2007
The problem here is that chinese device haven't channel aggregation unlocked for european providers..
Might be worth a try flashing Global firmware to know if modem.img part could unlock it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just did it now on a different phone which is nowhere near the quality of Mi 11 Ultra and i just got 19.6 mb/s on giffgaff network . Same network , same location . Mi 11 ultra gets close to 4 mb/s while old Huawei phone gets 19.6 mb/s .