• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question can gsi rom be used on redmi note 10?

Search This thread

OldNoobOne

Sorry for being off topic but what's the difference between the custom roms made specifcally for the device and the gsi roms?
1> Custom ROMs are more Optimized for the devices they are published for. Also, they usually have more features and upgradations while GSI (Generic system Image) is better than plain simple vanilla AOSP (Android Open Source Project) in most cases and are supposed to have a higher chance of adapting for installation on any supportive (ARM architechture etc.) device.
2> Custom ROMs are usually larger in size (1Gb/2gb etc. ) while GSIs are usually smaller in size
( 500Mb/700Mb etc.)

OldNoobOne

Hello
can gsi rom be used on redmi note 10?
How can I install it if it is available?
OctaviOS GSI (GSI Arm64-ab) booted on my Redmi note 10 but Lineage 18.1 is way better as per my opinion, you have to flash Gapps though.
P.S.- I'm still waiting for some more vanilla ROMs OR GSIs to be made for this device butfrom what I know the developer communities seem to be more in favor of making Rom/Gsi (OR Ports) for the PRO versions of Redmi Note series directly, so some of the lower devices not getting enough attention.

Last edited:

Saeless

OctaviOS GSI (GSI Arm64-ab) booted on my Redmi note 10 but Lineage 18.1 is way better as per my opinion, you have to flash Gapps though.
P.S.- I'm still waiting for some more vanilla ROMs OR GSIs to be made for this device butfrom what I know the developer communities seem to be more in favor of making Rom/Gsi (OR Ports) for the PRO versions of Redmi Note series directly, so some of the lower devices not getting enough attention.
Is it 11 or 12. Can i have a link to download please 🐱

Top Liked Posts