Can I answer calls from the 3.5mm jack??

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
Sorry if this has been asked before - I searched and could not find an answer.

I am thinking of buying the ZaggBuds which plug into the 3.5mm jack and have an integrated microphone to make and answer calls.

I am hoping that the Sprint Hero allows me to answer calls using the 3.5mm jack?

Thanks!

Kcarpenter

Nov 24, 2009
Clinton, TN
Sorry if this has been asked before - I searched and could not find an answer.

I am thinking of buying the ZaggBuds which plug into the 3.5mm jack and have an integrated microphone to make and answer calls.

I am hoping that the Sprint Hero allows me to answer calls using the 3.5mm jack?

Thanks!
If I recall correctly, and IPhones headset lets us control volume and music threw it - I assume calls would be answered in the same manner.

MrDowntown12

May 22, 2010
I have a pair of $50 Scosche Headphones that have a built in mic and volume control but i can't get them to work properly with my phone. When i plug them in, its shows the headset with the mic, but when i use them within a call no one can hear me. I can hear them but thats it.

There isn't a setting within the phone is there? is it just that my heaphones aren't compatible?

A_Guy71

Apr 24, 2010
I plug the 3.5mm into my car speakers and phone calls play over the system...just have to speak into the phone microphone. I would assume it would work the same with headphones.

idumych

Oct 31, 2009
Seattle, WA
It has to be a regular headset with a single plug for it to work. The iPhone earbuds work great for example, the mic on those is way better than the internal mic on the Hero.

As far as using a button on the headset to answer calls, I'd also like to know how to program that button. I'd like to be able to press it and have it pull up voice search.

HeroMeng

Jan 16, 2010
The Bowels Of Hell
It has to be a regular headset with a single plug for it to work. The iPhone earbuds work great for example, the mic on those is way better than the internal mic on the Hero.

As far as using a button on the headset to answer calls, I'd also like to know how to program that button. I'd like to be able to press it and have it pull up voice search.
The way it's programmed on the iPod Shuffle is to pause (in our case, also answer calls) and long-press for voice options. The middle button of course. I don't think the volume buttons on the iPhone headset work on the Hero.

Nsandhu23

Dec 11, 2010
To be honest it all depends on the headphones like I have the Epic 4g headphones and it doesnt work well. You might have to buy HTC headphones for compatibility.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Stuke00

Oct 6, 2010
Collinsville, IL
To be honest it all depends on the headphones like I have the Epic 4g headphones and it doesnt work well. You might have to buy HTC headphones for compatibility.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
I have the Epic 4g head phones and they work perfectly for me. I am able to answer calls as well as navigate my music with them. <3 those headphones.

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
I got a noisehush headset and works great for voice and stereo. My old HTC headset I got with the tmo wing is on its dying day.

---------------------------------
xda + android + htc = :)

hummedan

Apr 15, 2011
Kansas City
I have the Zagg buds and they work great with the hero. I can press the answer button the button on the volume adjuster that are on the buds and it works like a champ.

Great headphones!

tutone

Nov 30, 2011
If I recall correctly, and IPhones headset lets us control volume and music threw it - I assume calls would be answered in the same manner.
I bought a pair of Sony head phones for the Iphone to use on my HTC Hero thinking that they would work because it had volume control and built in microphone but all their good for is listening to music...

kbitz

Dec 27, 2010
I use Thermaltake eSports Isurus headphones. They're in-ear buds with a mic on the line. The use a single 3.5mm TRRS plug to connect to phones, and have a TRRS to TRS headphones + microphone splitter for plugging into a computer. They work great with my HTC Hero.

They have an on-mic button, but I haven't played with that to see if it'll auto-answer if I push it. I'm more the 'plug the headset in after i get a call' kinda guy.

Last edited: