Can i change csc with tizen 5.5.0.1?

Search This thread

chandradithya

Oct 15, 2010
Mumbai
I'm happy to report that I successfully changed CSC from XAR to DBT.

Used the FT55 ATJ1 Combination firmware on DUA3 (5.5.0.2), changed CSC and then flashed CTJ5 stock firmware. Got the DUA3 OTA after that, now waiting for the latest update which is supposed to enable ECG+BP in the EU.

Although, I did use the latest tpk pusher and have the latest SHM app (which contains both the ECG and BP inside) on my GWA2 now, opening either ECG or BP on the watch and clicking on "download app on phone" still tells me "this is not available on your region".

So, the update is clearly not live yet in Germany at least.. SHM is still not available. The wait continues lol.

Hello,
Just to confirm that you flashed CTJ5 Stock firmware just because you did not have the stock DUA3 Files and you took the DUA3 OTA via the Galaxy Wear app.

So if I get hold of the stock DUA3 firmware files I should be able to jump straight to it from the Combination ATJ1 after changing CSC.

@adfree thank you so much for your inputs here and on other threads and also for posting the combination files! First time getting into this Tizen wearable mess and it would have been much harder without your inputs!

Reactions: adfree

spacebar2011

Jan 3, 2011
Berlin
Hello,
Just to confirm that you flashed CTJ5 Stock firmware just because you did not have the stock DUA3 Files and you took the DUA3 OTA via the Galaxy Wear app.

So if I get hold of the stock DUA3 firmware files I should be able to jump straight to it from the Combination ATJ1 after changing CSC.

@adfree thank you so much for your inputs here and on other threads and also for posting the combination files! First time getting into this Tizen wearable mess and it would have been much harder without your inputs!

I don't see why not. It should work just fine. You get the OTA right away though, so, there's no real need to go look for the DUA3 files.

Reactions: chandradithya

samiznayut

Dec 11, 2020
DUA3 was never published on the "Notify Update" page. But, everyone in Europe got it, not just me.
The last question (I hope): how did you reset your watch before changing the region? I mean did you reset it from "About watch" or "Recovery" or you just simply pressed "Connect to a new phone"?

Last edited:

wh1tekn1ght

Jul 6, 2009
Hi,
OK I read a lot of threads out there to change the CSC but none seem to apply to latest firmware R830XXX1DUA7 (Tizen 5.5.0.2). What do you think is the safest combination firmware to use?
Thanks!

@spacebar2011 thank you for your confirmation about being able to go from DUA3 to CTJ5 after changing successfuly. Took the same path you did and was able to change CSC and get SPay working. I'm from India, so the BP and ECG are disabled by Samsung although the widgets are present on the watch. Will modify them and get them working later.

Edit: All functions are working - including BP, ECG, Samsung Pay and Spotify

@adfree, thank you for your firmware files.

As soon as the watch was set up, it pinged me to update to DUD1 via OTA. Have held off for now. Just wanted to know if anyone here is on DUD1 who has flashed Combination firmware (F55) ATJ1 or ATK1 on DUD1 and changed CSC successfully (without WiFi or BT bricking)

Also, if anyone has upgraded to DUD1, can you please post if the Tizen version is still 5.5.0.2 or has it changed?

Last edited:
Reactions: codelad and adfree

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
This is what I know...

Becasue I am on my rooted DUA7 and not tested DUD1 s h it...

A

B
You need Alphabet power and count from 1 to 9 to sort...

Code:
        FT55 for Tizen 5.5  shi t    Comment

COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1ATJ1.tar.md5        Free available and tested with DUA3
COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1ATK1.tar.md5        I have... but not tested
COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1AUA4.tar.md5        Leaked... not downloaded nor tested

I have no plan nor reason yet... to update... I am still on my rooted DUA7...

IMHO FT55 AUA4 match date for DUA3 DUA7...

No idea if AUA4 is safe enough for experiments from DUD1...

Best Regards

This is what I know...

A

B

Code:

COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1ATJ1.tar.md5        Free available and tested with DUA3
COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1AUA4.tar.md5        Leaked... not downloaded nor tested

Best Regards
It will be interesting to see if it's safe to flash one of the F55 combination firmwares listed above while on stock DUD1, without bricking WiFi.

I am currently on DUD1 stock firmware post CSC change. All functions working so don't have need to re-flash.

But if I have to change CSC again for whatever reason, I will try with ATK1 or preferably AUA4 combination F55 firmware and report my experience here.

fattymcdirty

Jan 6, 2010
Got an R830 from Netherlands with Tizen 5.5.0.2 - and I wanna switch to DBT CSC - is this still safely possible? And if yes, how and with which files? Help would be greatly appreciated!

R830XXU1DUD1 / R830XA1DUD1
Well, I have the R820 and the latest firmware that I successfully changed CSC was on the DUA3. For the most part the R830 flashing follows the same process.

DUD1 has the same Tizen version as DUA3 (5.5.0.2) so you should be able to use the same combination firmware that has been used by many users here on DUA3 F55 ATJ1 posted by @adfree https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/firmware-r820-r830.4161883/post-84229715 (download the second firmware linked in this post for the R830 - first one is for the R820)

Then, after CSC change, you can flash the DUA3 firmware posted on @Nmc_alves® thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/firmware-r820-r830.4161883/

This should be safe as far as the general understanding regarding firmware and Tizen version is concerned.

Having said that, to my knowledge nobody on this forum has reported a successful CSC change on DUD1 yet, so there is an element of risk involved. Either wait for someone else to take the plunge first and report back, or try it yourseld if you're feeling confident and/or adventurous.

But it's your call eventually, and be aware that a bad flash can disable wireless connectivity on the watch and you will then require a USB Odin dock for the watch to revivie it.

Please proceed only after weighing the pros and cons carefully.

Reactions: galaxys

fattymcdirty

Jan 6, 2010
Well, I have the R820 and the latest firmware that I successfully changed CSC was on the DUA3. For the most part the R830 flashing follows the same process.

DUD1 has the same Tizen version as DUA3 (5.5.0.2) so you should be able to use the same combination firmware that has been used by many users here on DUA3 F55 ATJ1 posted by @adfree https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/firmware-r820-r830.4161883/post-84229715 (download the second firmware linked in this post for the R830 - first one is for the R820)

Then, after CSC change, you can flash the DUA3 firmware posted on @Nmc_alves® thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/firmware-r820-r830.4161883/

This should be safe as far as the general understanding regarding firmware and Tizen version is concerned.

Having said that, to my knowledge nobody on this forum has reported a successful CSC change on DUD1 yet, so there is an element of risk involved. Either wait for someone else to take the plunge first and report back, or try it yourseld if you're feeling confident and/or adventurous.

But it's your call eventually, and be aware that a bad flash can disable wireless connectivity on the watch and you will then require a USB Odin dock for the watch to revivie it.

Mhh... this sounds risky, to be honest :/ So I - sadly - better return this Netherlands-Model.. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Что ж, у меня есть R820, и последняя прошивка, которую я успешно сменил CSC, была на DUA3. По большей части перепрошивка R830 происходит по тому же процессу.

DUD1 имеет ту же версию Tizen, что и DUA3 (5.5.0.2), поэтому вы должны иметь возможность использовать ту же комбинированную прошивку, которая использовалась многими пользователями здесь, на DUA3 F55 ATJ1, опубликованном [USER = 1030585] @adfree [/ USER] https : //forum.xda-developers.com/t/firmware-r820-r830.4161883/post-84229715 (загрузите вторую прошивку, указанную в этом посте, для R830 - первая для R820)

Затем, после изменения CSC, вы можете прошить прошивку DUA3, размещенную в ветке [USER = 536834] @ Nmc_alves® [/ USER] https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/firmware-r820-r830.4161883/

Это должно быть безопасно с точки зрения общего понимания прошивки и версии Tizen.

При этом, насколько мне известно, никто на этом форуме еще не сообщил об успешном изменении CSC на DUD1, так что здесь присутствует элемент риска. Либо дождитесь, пока кто-то другой сделает решительный шаг и отчитается, либо попробуйте сделать это самостоятельно, если вы чувствуете себя уверенно и / или любите приключения.

Но в конечном итоге это ваш звонок, и имейте в виду, что плохая вспышка может отключить беспроводное соединение на часах, и вам потребуется док-станция USB Odin для часов, чтобы оживить их.

Продолжайте только после тщательного взвешивания всех «за» и «против».
    Good day!

I want to share my experience of changing the region.

Initially, we have a watch Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Under Armor Edition, 40 mm, with firmware R830XXU1DUD1 and the Thailand region.

All actions were performed according to this video:

“Odin” and “SDB Tools” were also downloaded there from the description.

Combined firmware "COMBINATION-FT55_R830XXU1ATJ1":

Final firmware "R830XXU1DUA3_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA)":

I did not immediately see that to unpack it I needed "EF FILE EXTRACTOR", I downloaded it here.

During the installation process, no problems arose, except that on the first attempt in SDB Tools, instead of entering the Puch command, I entered “Pull” again (in the videos 5:15 and 6:13).

As a result, on the second attempt, everything works fine, changed the region to SER (Russia), after starting the watch, they immediately offered to download updates to the current version, SPay, Samsung Health monitor, pressure measurement, ECG and other applications started working.

P.S. Sorry, my English is Google Translate) ())
    R830XXU1DUD1 / R830XA1DUD1

Good day!

I want to share my experience of changing the region.

Initially, we have a watch Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Under Armor Edition, 40 mm, with firmware R830XXU1DUD1 and the Thailand region.

All actions were performed according to this video:

“Odin” and “SDB Tools” were also downloaded there from the description.

Combined firmware "COMBINATION-FT55_R830XXU1ATJ1":

Final firmware "R830XXU1DUA3_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA)":

I did not immediately see that to unpack it I needed "EF FILE EXTRACTOR", I downloaded it here.

During the installation process, no problems arose, except that on the first attempt in SDB Tools, instead of entering the Puch command, I entered “Pull” again (in the videos 5:15 and 6:13).

As a result, on the second attempt, everything works fine, changed the region to SER (Russia), after starting the watch, they immediately offered to download updates to the current version, SPay, Samsung Health monitor, pressure measurement, ECG and other applications started working.

P.S. Sorry, my English is Google Translate) ())
    Thank you so much for confirming a successful flash on DUD1 @Danil.Ural

I'm sure this will provide confidence to others looking to do the same but not sure about it.
    This is what I know...

A

B

Code:

Best Regards
    It will be interesting to see if it's safe to flash one of the F55 combination firmwares listed above while on stock DUD1, without bricking WiFi.

I am currently on DUD1 stock firmware post CSC change. All functions working so don't have need to re-flash.

But if I have to change CSC again for whatever reason, I will try with ATK1 or preferably AUA4 combination F55 firmware and report my experience here.
    @spacebar2011 thank you for your confirmation about being able to go from DUA3 to CTJ5 after changing successfuly. Took the same path you did and was able to change CSC and get SPay working. I'm from India, so the BP and ECG are disabled by Samsung although the widgets are present on the watch. Will modify them and get them working later.

Edit: All functions are working - including BP, ECG, Samsung Pay and Spotify

@adfree, thank you for your firmware files.

As soon as the watch was set up, it pinged me to update to DUD1 via OTA. Have held off for now. Just wanted to know if anyone here is on DUD1 who has flashed Combination firmware (F55) ATJ1 or ATK1 on DUD1 and changed CSC successfully (without WiFi or BT bricking)

Also, if anyone has upgraded to DUD1, can you please post if the Tizen version is still 5.5.0.2 or has it changed?
    FT55 aka Combination Firmware for SM-R820 and SM-R830... Tizen 5.5

COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1ATJ1.tar.md5

COMBINATION-FT55_R830XXU1ATJ1.tar.md5

Best Regards
    This is what I know...

A

B

Code:

Best Regards
    I have just successfully activate SPay on my GWA2 with FT55 combination FW provided by tower5 and official CTI4 fw found somewhere here (it was Under Armour edition). I use BTU CSC (UK). I had tizen 5.5.0.1 and CTI4 FW before.

Right after boot watch immediattely update to CTJ5 version and after that it works as expected.

So don´t worry to update - it works. At least for me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone