Question Can I change my Indian Software OOS to the International/European OOS?

Search This thread

McFozan

Feb 4, 2015
I posted this on OP9 forum but OP9 Pro forum looks more active, sorry in advance.

I bought a OP9 chinese model LE2110, my software is oxygen OS 11.2.3.3 LE25DA (indian)

I want global version because this one has some bloatware and indian company cloud notifications that i dont want.
Is it possible to change it to international version? i downloaded the global one but i cant install it (local) because its a downgrade or equal to my current one. i updated to the latest version when setting up my phone.

The chinese version/model doesnt have wireless charging, so if there is a problem with compatability, can I change back to the indian variant?

note: I dont care about my data i can format everything, my old phone still works and I can transfer all data later.

Reactions: hanzn

mgear356

Jun 13, 2008
I posted this on OP9 forum but OP9 Pro forum looks more active, sorry in advance.

I bought a OP9 chinese model LE2110, my software is oxygen OS 11.2.3.3 LE25DA (indian)

I want global version because this one has some bloatware and indian company cloud notifications that i dont want.
Is it possible to change it to international version? i downloaded the global one but i cant install it (local) because its a downgrade or equal to my current one. i updated to the latest version when setting up my phone.

The chinese version/model doesnt have wireless charging, so if there is a problem with compatability, can I change back to the indian variant?

note: I dont care about my data i can format everything, my old phone still works and I can transfer all data later.
i think u can as i have changed from EU to indian OOS - i couldnt wait to try 11.2.4.4 lol

But the key is it must be later version that yr current OOS which means u are on 11.2.3.3 to EU 11.2.3.3 it will not work - that was based on my experience.

Agree with u the bloatwares are annoying.. perhaps i will go back to EU once a newer than 4.4 is out.

So far, all seems to work. I cant comment for 5G as its not available in my telcom

McFozan

Feb 4, 2015
i think u can as i have changed from EU to indian OOS - i couldnt wait to try 11.2.4.4 lol

But the key is it must be later version that yr current OOS which means u are on 11.2.3.3 to EU 11.2.3.3 it will not work - that was based on my experience.

Agree with u the bloatwares are annoying.. perhaps i will go back to EU once a newer than 4.4 is out.

So far, all seems to work. I cant comment for 5G as its not available in my telcom
Wait so if a new update comes, and I DONT update. I can manually download the new international version from Oneplus website and do a local update? Then It will switch to the international version?
I hope they make a new update soon..

mgear356

Jun 13, 2008
Wait so if a new update comes, and I DONT update. I can manually download the new international version from Oneplus website and do a local update? Then It will switch to the international version?
I hope they make a new update soon..
yes u are right, skip the current india 4.4 update and wait for international or EU version. then do local upgrade

McFozan

Feb 4, 2015
yes u are right, skip the current india 4.4 update and wait for international or EU version. then do local upgrade
Question: You did all this on your OP9?
The chinese OP9 doesn't have wireless charging hardware like the EU version, I'm afraid of compatibility problems.
Any ideas?

Hank87

Apr 14, 2012
Rome
Question: You did all this on your OP9?
The chinese OP9 doesn't have wireless charging hardware like the EU version, I'm afraid of compatibility problems.
Any ideas?
I know you have the non pro china model but just to know, you have after switching to oxygen does the following are working?
5G, 4g+ (carrier aggregation), volte, google pay? and in which country are you?

mgear356

Jun 13, 2008
Oh I just did local upgrade from India 4.4 to eu 4.4, it works.. So I think u can downloading and do it. Worst case, use oxygen updater and change back to global and revert

Reactions: deezid

McFozan

Feb 4, 2015
Oh I just did local upgrade from India 4.4 to eu 4.4, it works.. So I think u can downloading and do it. Worst case, use oxygen updater and change back to global and revert
I see.. when you switched to eu 4.4, did it remove Cloud Service (indian version has this advertisement)? or Red Cable Club?

McFozan

Feb 4, 2015
I know you have the non pro china model but just to know, you have after switching to oxygen does the following are working?
5G, 4g+ (carrier aggregation), volte, google pay? and in which country are you?
Sorry I just read your message.
I didn't switch to oxygen, i think the seller did the switch and shipped it to me.
4G works, 5G doesnt work. Im in Saudi Arabia.
I don't use google pay but there is NFC.

Check Signals/Bands for each phone version, and the signals and bands that your carrier use. You can find them in the specifications for each phone

Hank87

Apr 14, 2012
Rome
Sorry I just read your message.
I didn't switch to oxygen, i think the seller did the switch and shipped it to me.
4G works, 5G doesnt work. Im in Saudi Arabia.
I don't use google pay but there is NFC.

Check Signals/Bands for each phone version, and the signals and bands that your carrier use. You can find them in the specifications for each phone

I'm asking because I know sometimes chinese versions even if they have the bands for eu, carrier aggregation, volte or 5g still doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone