Question Can I "convert"physical SIM as eSIM on Pixel 6 pro?

Search This thread

velis74

Mar 12, 2010
Radovljica
Just got the phone. Makes nice photos, so I'd like to make it my primary phone over Xiaomi 11 Pro I had until now. Also, it's a Pixel, so I'm hoping to finally go back to custom ROMs and kernels after a (too) long time of chinese lock-out from such atrocities (as rooting, unlocking and custom ROMs are)

However, I realised that the phone actually only has one SIM slot, not two as advertised in the shop (without looking carefully at the fine print)

Anyway, I have two SIM cards, none from an operator that would be eSIM compatible.

Is it possible to "convert" a physical SIM to an eSIM somehow?

mysterioustko

Sep 15, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
thesmartphonechamp.com
Just got the phone. Makes nice photos, so I'd like to make it my primary phone over Xiaomi 11 Pro I had until now. Also, it's a Pixel, so I'm hoping to finally go back to custom ROMs and kernels after a (too) long time of chinese lock-out from such atrocities (as rooting, unlocking and custom ROMs are)

However, I realised that the phone actually only has one SIM slot, not two as advertised in the shop (without looking carefully at the fine print)

Anyway, I have two SIM cards, none from an operator that would be eSIM compatible.

I am currently using At&t with an esim, and I have Verizon on a physical sim. It works beautifully.

velis74

Mar 12, 2010
Radovljica
Perhaps I was unclear: I do not have an option of QR code or download of an eSIM. I only have two old-style physical SIM cards. I need one of those converted to eSIM.

Is this possible using some custom tool, some custom ROM maybe supports that or anything like that?

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Also keep in mind, that many carriers send out the e-sim in physical format (they give you a piece of paper with a QR code to scan), so you will have to wait for a couple days until you can use E-SIM (some carriers allow you to access the QR code in their respective app/website, so keep that in mind and chose accordingly).

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am currently using At&t with an esim, and I have Verizon on a physical sim. It works beautifully.
    You can't convert a sim to an esim. You have to get an esim from your provider (if they support them) and then they will port your number to the new esim once it is loaded onto your phone. Some can do this pretty much instantly, many like porting on physical sims it can take a few hours, or even a day or so to port across.
    No you cannot. You have to call your cell service provider and ask for an eSIM activation because eSIM uses your IMEI2 instead of IMEI1.
    Also keep in mind, that many carriers send out the e-sim in physical format (they give you a piece of paper with a QR code to scan), so you will have to wait for a couple days until you can use E-SIM (some carriers allow you to access the QR code in their respective app/website, so keep that in mind and chose accordingly).