Question Can i downgrade from miui 13 to 12 without loosing data?

Search This thread

lakshmish

Oct 14, 2015
I should have been more careful before updating coz after the update i realized that twrp won't work on miui 13. I can fastboot recovery but the internal storage is encrypted and it shows 0 MB. I need root, so i am thinking of downgrading to 12.5 again. Can i do that without loosing data? Also how can i downgrade? Should i just download fastboot version of the rom and update it?

alonsoj636

Aug 30, 2020
Chile
LeEco Le 2
Redmi Note 10
I should have been more careful before updating coz after the update i realized that twrp won't work on miui 13. I can fastboot recovery but the internal storage is encrypted and it shows 0 MB. I need root, so i am thinking of downgrading to 12.5 again. Can i do that without loosing data? Also how can i downgrade? Should i just download fastboot version of the rom and update it?
you can't update from 13 to 12.5 you need to erase all your data , it's mandatory...

Just flash the fastboot rom with Mi Flash and tick "Clean All" so after MIUI boot you can flash twrp and other ROM again

Reactions: lakshmish

lakshmish

Oct 14, 2015
Already messed it up :-( Can you please tell me which fastboot rom i should flash... I was using eu rom but even after flashing it phone boots to mi recovery.

DominPL421

Jan 27, 2022
Hey, yesterday I flashed xiaomi eu stable MIUI 13.0.3 by their script.
To do it,
1) put the phone in fastboot mode
2) just run the script by double clicking on it, however you need the file with data_format on the end.
If your phone does bootloop and go back to MIUI Recovery 5.0 like mine did yesterday, you can fix it by wiping all data in this recovery it boots up to and then restarting the phone. It worked for me and my friend.

alonsoj636

Aug 30, 2020
Chile
LeEco Le 2
Redmi Note 10

slickw

Jun 4, 2013
Just so you know if you ever need this again.
You dont need recovery at all to get root.
Just fastboot pached boot image.

lakshmish

Oct 14, 2015
To do it,
2) just run the script by double clicking on it, however you need the file with data_format on the end.
If your phone does bootloop and go back to MIUI Recovery 5.0 like mine did yesterday, you can fix it by wiping all data in this recovery it boots up to and then restarting the phone. It worked for me and my friend.
Oh! I think i havent wiped all data. I will try this tonight. Thanks a lot
miui 13 is not worth to try , is just miui 12.5 with more bugs , nothing changed so flash fastboot rom with mi flash

Global v12.5.4 : https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/mojito/stable/V12.5.4.0.RKGMIXM/

Actually i was happy with 12.5 but got too excited with MIUI 13... I should have done my research. Will again flash this. Thanks for the link.
I didnt know this.. I won't go to MIUI 13 again coz there are no recoveries for it and it cant be decrypted for now but its good to know that i dont need recovery for root. Thank you!

DominPL421

Jan 27, 2022
I installed today CherishOS A12. Tbh cool rom, doesn't work that bad. A lot better than miui though. Animations are nice and long, plus the phone is fast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Already messed it up :-( Can you please tell me which fastboot rom i should flash... I was using eu rom but even after flashing it phone boots to mi recovery.
    miui 13 is not worth to try , is just miui 12.5 with more bugs , nothing changed so flash fastboot rom with mi flash

Global v12.5.4 : https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/mojito/stable/V12.5.4.0.RKGMIXM/
    you can't update from 13 to 12.5 you need to erase all your data , it's mandatory...

Just flash the fastboot rom with Mi Flash and tick "Clean All" so after MIUI boot you can flash twrp and other ROM again
    To do it,
    I installed today CherishOS A12. Tbh cool rom, doesn't work that bad. A lot better than miui though. Animations are nice and long, plus the phone is fast.